Best damn makeup

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bsxy420, Apr 12, 2008.

1. bsxy420

Gold Member

that new mineral make-up they have out on the market(not the one seen on tv but from another company)... i worked 8 hrs tonight and it looks like it did when i put it on...
    i was wandering if anyone else has tried this or what their favorite brand is.

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I have been using Mary Kay minerals, and I love it! IF I need to touch-up, a few quick strokes of the brush is all I need - it never looks like I had to 'double-up'. And the shades seem to adjust to my particular skin color, so it doesn't look fake.

3. Dreama

Gold Member

I've yet to find a makeup that looks smooth up close as well as from a distance. I guess I've just had bad luck. Perhaps I should get some of that stuff. Currently, I wear no makeup. My skin has been better since I went vegan, and since then, I've looked worse with my makeup on than with it off! However, I would love to be able to wear some and look even better. I hate it when you can actually see the makeup particles on my face up close. I think it looks gross. Do you think I'd have better luck with this makeup, guys?

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Well, I'm not a "guy" :lol ....but I'll give my $.02
    The thing I like about it is that it blends with your natural color. i really don't know how it works, but it does. Being a bit older than most of you, my regiment involves putting on a semi-sheer cream base. It's made to go with the mineral powder, so they end up complimenting each other. The cream base evens out my skin tones, then the mineral stuff just gives the whole finish a smooth, natural finish. though the minerals are powder, it doesn't look like powder (you know, flakey & fake). The powder sort of disolves into a nice finish. And you can re-apply it without it building up.

5. Dreama

Gold Member

Cool, Rose. And, for the record, I didn't mean to call you a guy. LOL

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I've used two different kinds of mineral make ups: the one advertised on TV, and one I got from my hair salon. The disadvantages of mineral the mineral-based products (in my opinion) is that they don't give as much coverage as the liquid or pancake type foundations. My skin is spotty (I'm adult acne sufferer) so I need more coverage than the powder can provide. However, as the OP mentioned, after hours of wear your face looks as fresh as when you first put it on. It might work better for younger women as well. My mom tried it and she didn't like how the powder settled into her wrinkles and made her look older (in her opinion).

7. bsxy420

Gold Member

i order mine from avon.....just like everything else. lol..from purses to shoes to clothing. my SO even likes their cologne....( i didnt know if i could put where i get it from without it being against the rules.)

8. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I am using Pur Minerals, and Dermologica skin care. I had acne-prone skin, but since I have changed to the mineral makeup and the skin care, I have NO blemishes. The powder covers the red areas on my face like a dream, and I feel great about my sking for the first time in years.