Best Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heelfetish, Jan 6, 2010.

1. heelfetish

Gold Member

CL wanted to know, so here it is.

I just had what may be the best Christmas ever. Our son is 5, so you can just imagine his excitement. For months leading up to Christmas he was cutting out toys pictures from the Sears catalog & gluing them into a montage of sorts. He had 2 Christmas plays, one for Kindergarten and one for daycare. Both were adorable. Christmas Eve visits were amazing, our Son was the centre of attention, reprising his starring role from his Kindergarten play.

Christmas morning we woke up to lots of presents from Santa. The look on our son's face as he opened his stocking was priceless. But we then discovered that his Grandfather bought him the biggest gift imaginable, a new John Deere Gator! He had wanted one for years, but we could never justify the expense.

My Mom & sister soon arrived to open their gifts with us, as is tradition. Again, excellent gifts all around, after we had eaten a hearty breakfast. Our son was a doll, despite being spoiled to death. Soon it was time for Christmas Dinner with the entire extended family. Always a treat.

The next day I discover that my sister's long-time boyfriend finally proposed, and she accepted. And to top it all off, our best friends announced their were expecting. So that makes 5 couples, all of us close friends, all having babies within months of each other!

That's it in a nutshell. Thanks for listening! :)

2. Dreama

Gold Member

That sounds amazing! I love spending time with the family, just being together, and I'm so glad your son seemed to enjoy his time being spoiled rotten (he deserves it, I'm sure-kids that age need lots of love and spoiling on Christmas).

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

Boy is your son's bubble going to be burst next Christmas when he's not the center of attention and his new sibling is. :lol

4. heelfetish

Gold Member

You might think so, CL, but so far he's more excited about the new baby than anything else. When we got the Ultrasound photo Monday, he immediately wanted a copy to hang on his bedroom wall!

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

I bopped my baby sister and made her cry when she stole my thunder.:lol
    And boy did I get it! (I was 3 at the time, and her birthday was the day after mine)

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

Yeah, sure, go ahead, delude yourself. Trust me, your son doesn't have a clue what's coming and neither do you, my pet. :dgrin

When I first read that I thought you bopped your babysitter and I thought to myself, man, did HR mature early. :lol

7. heelfetish

Gold Member

No doubt you're right, CL. But I can say with absolute certainty that as of right now, he knows a brother or sister is coming, and he's ecstatic. You should have seen him when we first told him! He talks about the baby non-stop, and can't wait to be a big brother.

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

I think that's sweet, Heelie. :)

9. heelfetish

Gold Member

I wish you could meet him. I know everyone says this about their own kids, but he's the sweetest. Really.