Bebop: a.m.a.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BeBop, Jun 23, 2017.

1. MeganRocheTG

Gold Member

Is this a sex joke?

BeBop likes this.
  2. Pepper_Vines

Gold Member

@MeganRocheTG now it is. It was actually the first line out of a guy's mouth on his introduction to me forever ago. A-for originality

BeBop and MeganRocheTG like this.
  3. BeBop

Gold Member

When is it not a sex joke with me? :D
    Well, carrying on with this particular "line," if you ever want to help me polish my sword I wouldn't say no. ;)

4. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

Hey BeBop,
    Just sending compliments and congrats on all your efforts to lose weight, exercise, an the lifestyle change it takes to start to see an feel a difference!! ( never mind maintaining a balance or a certain weight). I know it was a wake up call for me about 4 years ago, an the work it took to get somewhere.
    Kudos an ty for sharing with other what helps you do it and or what works! :rolleyes:

BeBop likes this.
  5. BeBop

Gold Member

Thanks, man!

Yeah, it's definitely something that requires changing your habits and behaviour. Those "lifestyle changes" you always hear about.

And I can give all the tips and tricks that worked for me, but it's really important that anyone trying to accomplish something like weight loss knows that it's a personal thing. What works for one person might not work for another - there is no universal answer. Plus, if you ever want to be guaranteed to get a shit ton of condescending and unhelpful advice: tell people you're trying to lose weight. :p:D

Mikey22 likes this.
  6. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

Thanks...
    well, I've heard a boatload of advice that was either too dietitian & meal planned or impractical to adjust to, plus some fun condescending info thrown in. You're right, it's finding what works for you personally.
    But on occasion, some part of someone's advice , may help in some way even if their routine as a whole is not the answer. Or it's just the true story of someone's inspiration or drive that can be very powerful depending on who's reading or needs some motivation.

Besides the snarky , an occasional possibility of sarcasm, you are sincere when ever you offer support, want to help someone no matter the subject. Plus you keep it real, an tell it like it is. That's means a lot , or to me it does.

I've been able to find ( some) balance, since the day... hmm.. ok shortly after I realized I had no choice due to pre-diabetes , etc. Eventually I learned what works for me, but not without really working hard. Guessing learning to be a brewer for the past few years adds its challenges to my lifestyle. :rolleyes:

Mikey22 and BeBop like this.
  7. xtacy4

Gold Member

What is your favorite way to waste a Sunday afternoon?

8. HotForHoney

Gold Member

What is your favorite flavor of frozen yogurt?

9. BeBop

Gold Member

Depends on how you define "waste."

Typically, I spend Sundays at home - reading, listening to music, or watching movies. However, I don't view that as a waste. There aren't many things that I do with my time that I deem to be wasteful. And most of the things that I do that are wastes of time are done at work, because I regularly have to do what is the equivalent of arguing with brick walls.

Mikey22 and xtacy4 like this.
  10. BeBop

Gold Member

Rainbow. ;)

(I actually don't eat frozen yoghurt. I think it's gross.)

11. xtacy4

Gold Member

What's the last book you read?

12. BeBop

Gold Member

Fiction - Rendezvous With Rama by Arthur C. Clarke
    Nonfiction - The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester
    Comic/Graphic Novel: Giant Days by John Allison (writer) and Lisa Treiman (illustrator)

13. MissScarlett

Gold Member

Where has your Avatar gone? I love your frequently changing avatars

14. BeBop

Gold Member

I haven't been able to decide on a different one. So, I've just got the plain text one for now.

15. afunk13

Gold Member

What is the meaning of life?

16. BeBop

Gold Member

From a strictly biological standpoint, it is to survive and procreate in order to perpetuate the existence of the species.

From a more philosophical (more human) standpoint, it depends on the individual you ask. Put most simply, to me, the meaning of life is to progress the world in a positive manner.

Elaborating on that...

It is for us to find and bring what joy we can into the world. To foster positivity, progress, and ensure we leave this place improved on from how it was before our time in it. Avoid doing harm when possible. Do not tolerate hatred, evil, or ignorance. Ask yourself the Three Critical Questions in all things: (1) Will this bring joy? (2) Is this useful? (3) Will this cause harm? Weigh the answers; choose from there in the manner best suited to the overall good.

xtacy4 and afunk13 like this.
  17. afunk13

Gold Member

And here I thought you would say 42 but instead give a well thought out answer.

18. BeBop

Gold Member

Well, it was either going to be "42" a la Douglas Adams.
    Or...

afunk13 likes this.
  19. afunk13

Gold Member

Well played, sir.

Any movies you are looking forward to?

20. BeBop

Gold Member

I'll be interested to see this years crop of Horror movies (both independent and Hollywood). Otherwise, I'm not aware of anything that's particularly of interest to me. I'm all Superhero movied out and most of the other things I know of that are coming out this year haven't really sparked any big desire for me to see. I'll probably still end up seeing most of the movies released (because I'm a cinephile and hack critic), but not anything I'm dying to see.