Beat Macon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AnonymousOne, Nov 5, 2007.

1. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

So next week is our game with our long time rival Randolf-Macon.

Today, the literary and debate society of H-SC, started the competition off with a bang.

The H-SC debate team beat the Randy-Mac team in parliamentary style debate.

Your's Truly was one of the three representatives of my college and the literary society.

All Hail Hampden-Sydney!

Disclaimer: This message is intended for those that actually understand the nature of our rivalry. *cough*Rose&Thorn*cough*

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Well, I understand university rivalries, so I wish you the best of luck with your game. I went to the University of Oregon, a liberal-arts university in Eugene, Oregon. Our long-standing rival is "agricultural" school Oregon State University, just up the road in Corvallis, Oregon.

We consider ourselves to be superior to OSU because our alumni include such people as Chuck Palahniuk, Ken Keasey, James Ivory (film maker and founder of Merchant Ivory Films), Phil Knight (founder and CEO of Nike, Inc), and Walter Houser Brattain (Nobel Prize winning physicist).

And OSU is just a "cow college." :) No famous writers or film makers graduated from OSU, but they do (at least most of the time) have a better football team than ours.

It's all in good fun though. If OSU won an important bowl game most of us U of O alumni would probably route for them and not the other team.

#2 Puss_in_boots, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Congrats, A1! I'm sure your argumentative oratories were the highlight of the evening!! :p

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

Ok, so when I first looked at the title of this thread, I saw, "Meat Bacon". I thought A-1 was finally gonna crank his junk out.

I clicked on it so fast, I almost threw my shoulder out. I swear! :lol

#4 Barbwire, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Well we were debating Parliamentary style, so I got heckled from the crowd quite a bit. Nothing like having to shout down half the crowd at a debate.

Now why the hell would I call it "bacon"?? :eek Still I'm flattered.

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

"Well we were debating Parliamentary style, so I got heckled from the crowd quite a bit. Nothing like having to shout down half the crowd at a debate."

Is it on video? I'd love to see you in action. :brow

"Now why the hell would I call it "bacon"?? :eek Still I'm flattered."

Hey, I see the word "meat" and logic and reason take a hike.

Sooo....when ARE ya gonna crank out yo' junk? :dgrin

7. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

No it wasn't. Probably a good thing, I was a little disorganized. (plus people here don't want to here me attack Universal Health Care)

Oh and around here? Hmmmm never. You'll just have to keep wondering about how I'm pretty damn average. :p

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

[EVIL]Universal Health Care Gets Me WET[/EVIL]

9. Bluesy

Gold Member

Pity. It would've been a rare privilege to see our notoriously razor-tongued intellectual in action :D Congrats on your victory!

Mmmm...one of my favorite fantasies involves a bed with satin sheets, me in a lacy little negligee, and a nekkid dark-skinned stud whispering seductively in my ear, "Universal health care...universal health care..." I gasp and writhe in ecstasy, and reply, "You know what that does to me! Don't tease me, Barack!" :brow :lol

10. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

[sarcasm]Yeah ... slavery is a turn-on for me too.[/sarcasm] :p
    *bows* Why thank you so much. It's funny to watch a guy who's an english/drama major try and argue economics. Kinda like watching a trainwreck...
    So what about sultry whispers of free-markets and choice theory? :brow

11. Bluesy

Gold Member

Now, see, you've gotten your favorite brand of pillow talk confused with mine...:lol Dear god...I pity the poor woman who has to moan, "Oh baby, you are my free market stud! OH YES, give me that choice theory, and give it to me HARD!" into your ear during sex. Eeeek :ugh :lol

12. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Actually I'm more a fan of just screaming and moaning. Words often don't explain the ecstasy of sex.

Oh and :p to you too. :lol