Bad Razor burn? or a STD?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by tommyk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. tommyk

tommyk New Member

So....this happened after shaving and after having sex with this girl i was hanging around with, it was the first tim hooking up and no i didnt use a condom, i dont know how to bring it up and ask her so i figured id ask here. I have gotten razor burn before...but never ever like this has me scared

Attached Files:

2. DECENT007

DECENT007 New Member

I would be scared too.. That don't look like any razor burn I've seen.. :(

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

First off, if you're worried about your sexual health, you don't come to a forum, you go to a doctor. Often times, curable STD's get let go and become much worse then they should be because people are scared. Get. To. A. Doctor.

Secondly, as far as not using a condom? Stupid move. Flat out stupid move. Sex Ed 101 in middle school teaches you to always use a condom with causal sexual partners. Even hooking up.

Lastly, as far as the rash. I'll admit that one of the bumps on there looks like typical razor burn while the splotchier more...moist patches do not look like razor burn at all and likely should be checked out. Especially with what looks like two smaller bumps forming right on the base of your shaft. It could very well be herpes, syphilis or gonorrhea. Three diseases that all have similar stages with skin lesions. Herpes can not be cured while they do have treatments to help all but eliminate the outbreaks, it's still a very painful disease.

Unfortunately from the photo I've looked at though, I don't think it would be herpes, what you have is more of a skin lesion, not a blister. So I'm thinking if it were an STD it would be advanced stages of either gonorrhea or syphilis. Two things you desperately need to worry about and get yourself checked out for. Gonorrhea is curable most of the time, but once progressed, medically resistant strains are becoming far more common, while a simple injection of penicillin (in the early stages) of syphilis can cure it, but if left alone due to fear (like a lot people do) can lead to FAR more damage and intensive and often times painful treatments later on.

As someone who is adamant on practicing safe sex with every partner and believes that there should never be any need to worry about sexual health when there are so many preventative methods out these days, I urge you to get yourself checked out. One stupid mistake and fear can ruin sex for you for the rest of your life.

Once you do go to a sexual health clinic or your general practitioner, if you do have an STD, you will be ordered to list your sexual partners in the last six months to a year (Depending on the progression and severity of the disease) and they will have to be notified of the disease so that they can be checked out and treated too.

But remember, just like Mario, I'm not a doctor.

#3 Mittimer, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  4. jbaker2007

jbaker2007 New Member

Thats a std man

5. octavius

Gold Member

It is possible for you to have an advanced razor burn infection (cellulitis). The splotchy nature of the lesions make me think herpes for some reason. Either way you'd need to go see a doctor asap and hope its something curable and not chronic.

#5 octavius, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011