Baby oil

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by sir_cumalot, Mar 19, 2004.

1. sir_cumalot

sir_cumalot New Member

Just a short question, is Johnsons Baby Oil safe to use with condoms? I only ask as i know there are many substances that are not safe to mix with condoms.

Thanks in Advance

2. Logger

Gold Member

Technically baby oil is a petroleum product, and latex rubber deteriorates from exposure to petrolium products like vaseline. The better choice is KY Jelly, Astroglide, Koromex Jelly. I have not looked on the lable for Albolene, but I thik it is OK. I have switched to Albollene because it tastes better that vaseline or baby oil.

For the short time of duration of 20 to 30 minutes, I doubt that latex could significantly deteriorate. Leaving the latex condom in a jar of petroleum products overnight, might do something. If you search vaseline, you will see a similar comment to this question.

A foam or a spermicidal jelly gives you enhanced protection, so you might go with the enhanced protection, rather than a very small increase in chance of latex failure. I have a vescectomey, so I don't worry about pregnancies.

3. Logger

Gold Member

Albolene

I checked my label on Albolene, it contains petroleum products, so it should theoretically not be used wtih latex condoms. I used to know how to edit my posts, but maybe the Edit button has been revised.

4. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Sorry about that. The edit time has been set to 90 minutes. I thought it was set at that before when actually it was set to 0. (Forever)

5. sir_cumalot

sir_cumalot New Member

Thanks guys, just wanted to check as I use it as a massage oil and wasn't sure if it was a good idea to have sex straight away if there is baby oil everywhere.

6. hurley

hurley New Member

Becareful with using baby oil. Iv heard that it could irritate or give her an infection. *might not be true*

7. Architect

Architect New Member

i disaprove vasaline! and baby oil, unless it is smothered on a woman!:D vasaline is toooo sticky and a pain to clean up!*ugh*

8. bussyguy

bussyguy New Member

I hate water base lube, it get all sticky , baby oil or vaseline is ok for masturbating but like the architec said is a hassle to clean up, try the sylicon base lube they are alittle bit expencibe but is worth it and you can use it with condoms to...

9. longnstrong

longnstrong New Member

i like using baby oil (imparticular i like seeing women wrestle in it) with the person i am having sex with. so we can slide around, i have only done this a couple of times in a hotel so i dont know how hard it is to clean up it seems like it evaporated though.

but my real question is the baby oil i used, johnson and johnson, irratated my skin. is does any one know what i could be allergic too and what other slippery stuff can i use beside that, vegatable oil, butter, motor oil 5w 40? please help i really do like using that stuff.

10. longnstrong

longnstrong New Member

can someone please tell me what type of oil i can use that might not bother my skin.

11. Logger

Gold Member

Body Oil by Neutragina, from CVS.

Body Oil is slightly thicker than baby oil. Body Oil keeps my dry humping lubricated longer than baby oil. I have to stop after some 5 minutes, and re-lube with baby oil.

Blessings

12. deeperlover1978

deeperlover1978 New Member

I love baby oil and when you have it on and got a good sweat going during sex and just a low level light like candles or a dim lamp. Its very erotic. Bad thing about it is that it gets all over the sheets. And if you have satin, yoru might as well get ready to peel it off you. lol:)

13. Logger

Gold Member

Dear Deeper,

You have not tired Neutragina Body Oil.

I like the Pima Sateen Sheets. cotton, 400 thread count, polished. I have a thick mattress pad. I bought Navy Blue sheets, so the baby oil and Vaseline will dissipate into the color of the sheets.

Blessings

14. Logger

Gold Member

Astrogide now states on the box, that it is safe for condoms.

There are some new WARMING products out. Astroglide WARMING LIQUID Ingredients include Acacia Honey, Methylparaben and Polyquaternium 15. I recently heard of Peppermint Oil to help the clitoris feel warm during sex.

There is also a new Astroglide Gel, I have not tried.

Experiences?

15. teamster145

Gold Member

If you have a waterbed you can take the sheets off and use lots of baby oil and then just wipe the mattress off. Works pretty good.