Avoiding refractory period - male multiples

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by billsteven, Jun 25, 2007.

1. billsteven

billsteven New Member

I've done a lot of research on ways to achieve multiple orgasms...which i mostly planned on using as a way to make up for my problem with premature ejaculation. So I did the PC exercises and I'm fully able to hold back my ejaculation by clenching it when i orgasm. Every source on the topic that I have read has said that it is the actual ejaculation that triggers your refractory period, so if you avoid ejaculating, you avoid going soft and keep your hard on. Well this isnt the case for me. After trying it several times, I hold back my ejaculation but still lose my erection right after. I can eventually work my way back up to another hard on but it takes time, and I lose all desire to do so. And I've only given this a try by myself, not with my girlfriend (although once with her I managed a multiple without even trying while getting a bj/hj)

Has this happened to anyone else who practices multiple orgasms? The point of doing this for me is so I can keep going after my first orgasm without losing my erection, so avoiding the refractory is my main concern. Is it something that just comes with time and practice? Am I timing my PC clench wrong? If anyone with experience could offer some insight I'd appreciate it.

2. igor

Gold Member

I never had any luck with the PC muscle thing. My belief is that it is the throbs of the orgasm that cause one to have a refractory period - not ejaculation of semen. WHat happens for me is that if, at the "point of no return" if I stop all penile stimulation (thrusting), and just let the orgasm happen naturally, so to speak, then I stay hard and don't have the over-sensitivity that prevents further action. I have done this 6 times in a row, then one final "big orgasm" where I go as hard and fast as I can. I have stretched this out to over 30 minutes this way.

3. billsteven

billsteven New Member

interesting. So what you're saying is the only difference you make is you stop thrusting while orgasming, and that allows you to keep your erection? If you stop thrusting do you find that you ejaculate less? Does this work every time you attempt it?

4. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

You could be having retrograde ejaculations were the seaman is emptied into the bladder instead and it has the same result. You’re on the right track with the PC exercises but you also need to learn the correct breathing techniques, come to understand and cultivate your own stages of pleasure and to control of your sexual energy. These are Taoist techniques that I learned in the last few years and it’s COMPLETELY changed my sex life. I now get multiple, non-ejaculatory, whole-body orgasms that are more satisfying, leave me with increased energy levels and allow me to last almost definitely.

Read: The Multi-Orgasmic Man by Mantak Chai and Douglas Abrams for more.

5. igor

Gold Member

Yup - just stop thrusting (or stop stroking if you're masturbating). In fact it is a good idea to try it numerous times while masturbating to get the hang of it and see if it works for you. As you approach orgasm, slow way down and just get yourself over the edge, then stop. Wait for maybe 10 or 15 seconds after the orgasm subsides before you begin stimulation again.

How much you ejaculate varies. It may be quite a bit, but usually some is "held back" for the next round. I have had ejaculation (minimal) maybe 3 times. After that they would usually be dry orgasms.