At What Point Does Innocent Perving Become Disrespectful?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Kermit, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

Lol Just thought i'd make a thread for lively discussion i hope lol, but in your opinion what makes a comment cross the line from naughty but friendly comments to disrespect for someone as a person

2. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy New Member

"Stop." That always does the trick for me.

3. SlimDog

SlimDog New Member

I think that it's when someone gets really uncomfortable. Obvious when you're joking around about sexual matters, then there may be some breaching of comfort zones, but it's okay if it's at a minimal. If someone feels just a little bit uncomfortable, it's okay. If they're slightly uncomfortable, tells the person to stop and they don't, then it's a no-no. And if a comment causes a lot of discomfort, that's also a no-no.

4. yitbos

yitbos New Member

It's an interesting question as a comment can be thought of in good taste, and can be looked at poorly. I think every guy at some point has walked past a woman with great tits and said, kind of under his breath, nice tits. Some women may hear it and smile" they may acknowledge it in another way, may ignore it or turn and say "WHAT!". So you never know how it will be taken.

5. igor

Gold Member

I'd have to know a gal pretty well before I'd say or do anything that could remotely be considered as sexual harassment. I work at a university with all kinds of really sexy babes (and staff/faculty). In 20 years I have been called into the human resources office one time because a student accused me of "touching her inappropriately" (which was not the case). I have commented to one of my sexier co-workers when she showed up one day in a tight skirt and 3 inch heels that she "cleaned up real nice" but that's as far as I would go.

6. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

If a comment or action is unwelcome, a girl will let you know. THAT is the line; quite clearly. She just drew it right in front of you. If you cross it, then you're being disrespectful. I think anything else or up until then is innocent flirtiness.

I only ever have to do this when I'm alone. For some reason, I don't get disrespected when I'm with my 6 foot, dark, muscular, martial artist who is carrying a gun. Funny how that works.:)

7. Barbwire

Gold Member

Volk, your situation and questions warrant there own thread, methinks. What you are talking about isn't "innocent perving", really. You'd get more attention to your question and more replies if you started your own thread.

Now, to answer the original question...

If I let a guy know, in no uncertain terms, that I do not enjoy his attentions and he keeps on perving at me, then I feel he's disrespecting me.

For instance, if I tell a guy I'm IM'ing with that I do not wish to engage in cyber sex with him and he continues to ask about it, its cute at first, then after a while it just gets annoying.

When the same guy asks me for nude pics, it pisses me off because he's crossed the line AND because he hasn't fully understood the "no cyber sex with you" part of our relationship.

It angers me because the man is treating me like a piece of meat and that's just disgusting.

8. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I completely agree with CL.. I was nice to a guy the other day for about 5 minutes after he continued asking sexual questions (yep, I answer them on FORUMS not in private..) then told him bye & blocked him.

In reality, he could be charged with sexual harassment if he was doing this to some random girl he started talking to in person..

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

Can I haz your signature, please?

10. awakened

awakened New Member

I need to know the answer to this too, I may be a pervert !!!!!!!
    Not really a perv, but a very bad girl !!!

11. Kermit

Gold Member

I think here sweetie, i don't think you'd have many people complaining if you got excessively pervy ;)

12. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

go for it! over the last few days I've had brand new members and ones who have never posted who keep requesting contact info from me.. I sent a few PMs & now, I'm not.. so steal away :D

13. HardRocker

Gold Member

I wish there was a way to filter PMs. The only way I know is to restrict incoming PMs to only your friends/contacts. I will ask about this and see if there is any better answer. Resorting to wasting a good sig space just to fend off PM surfers sucks. I guess it's widely accepted forum etiquette these days.

But that is an example of being CREEPY.

14. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I don't mind most PMs.. but random people have been requesting to be my contact and well.. as you've seen I'm sure, I have A
    I don't mind most of the PMs.. it's the random contact requests and then a PM as to "why?" well I have a face pic and if I wanted everyone to be able to see it, the album would be public!