Asking someone out in college, advice?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Abrt, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Abrt

Abrt New Member

I'm a freshman in college and I have no idea how to ask this girl in my dorm out. Normally I'd just ask if she wanted to get dinner, but it's hard doing that here because I don't have a car or money. Also, we're pretty good friends and I've never asked one of my friends out before. I'm honestly not sure how'd I'd ask her out, it's stupid I know.

2. Lifter

Lifter New Member

Well for one thing, doing nothing won't get it done.
    (Lifter being master of the obvious here.)
    Ask her to go out for burgers, you should be able to
    afford that and it's a start.

3. Meee

Gold Member

Invite her to go on a date to a free event on campus. Call it a date. Afterward, go for a snack or casual meal at an inexpensive student hangout. Make it clear that you'll treat her to the food, but if she insists on paying for her part, accept it graciously. Also, a pleasant walk from the dorm to the event, from the event to the eating place, and back to the dorm is perfectly acceptable if you don't have a car, and can even be quite nice.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

Does your dorm have a main student area with a stove and such in it? I know my ex's did. If it does, try to buy something cheap to cook and have a dinner with her in the dorm watching cartoons or something.

Personally, I think that type of thing is sweet and better then any fancy dinner.

5. Priapus

Priapus New Member

Never went to college but I know a thing or two about not having money.

Personally I am not so superficial that I could/would not want to connect with someone in a simple inexpensive way.

That being said, I would just do your thing casual like, as was mentioned school event, walk in the park, or just hanging out. Make it seem more like just hanging out or spending time together more than an actual date.
    You have nothing to lose so just be yourself and go with the flow, (feel her out).
    If she is high maintainance/must be wined and dined to have a nice time then IMO you are better off without her.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.:tup

6. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I like what Meee said and a pleasant walk is always nice :)

7. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

I would go with the advise of Mee and untamed. ( I would probably do anything either one said because yhey both seem to have it together and they are both hot but thats besides the point) The point is that you just have to tell her "I like you I want to spend some time together" Colleges have lots of opportunities for cheap activities. If she is a friend then you should have an idea of what interests you share. It could be music, movies, even a sporting event can be a fun date. Maybe a lecture by an interesting professor. The key is to do something tha you are both interested in. Sharing interests is a great relationship builder.

8. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

One positive thing you can do is to make sure that you "accidentally" meet more often by just being places where you know she is going to be. This is a more subtle way to be together, and even if she finds out that you're doing it, she'll probable smile.

9. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

She will either smile or file a complaint with campus police about the creepy guy stalking her who keeps showing up everywhere. LOL