Ashley madison

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Good Medicine, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Good Medicine

Good Medicine New Member

Ashley Madison

Ashley Madison whose motto is “life is short” so cheat on your spouse has been hacked by a group calling it’s self Impact Team. Impact Team threatened Ashley Madison that if they did not shut down their site(s) they would release the information they hacked and now made good on that threat as they have
    released around 32 million names along with their emails, profiles and personal fantasies.

Impact Team claims that Ashley Madison is a huge fraud because most of the clients are men (90%)
    and that most of the female profiles on the site are fake; in addition Ashley Madison charges men
    19 dollars to remove profiles of themselves and does not.

The timing of this hack and release of information comes when Ashley Madison is trying to go Public on
    the stock market and I believe that this attempt to poison the water and spoil their attempts to go public.

There is a big problem here and I want your opinion on this matter. What do you think of Impact Team?
    My thoughts: If we give Impact Team the benefit of the doubt their allegations are true I have to say that
    Impact Team is no better than those they are attacking.

This is thuggery where the of theft of information, threats to comply with demands and the release
    of information makes them more wrong than Ashley Madison by far. The righteous being judge, jury
    and executor. I think that if Ashley Madison is involved in major fraud they could be exposed without
    having to use thuggery. Ashley Madison already faces huge law suits in Canada for allegations of fraud.

What do you think?

2. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Makes me think, I hope your name isnt there !!

3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ever heard of something called Karma?

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

It's none of my business if people are unfaithful to their spouses.
    The hackers seem to be taking some pseudo moral high ground, yet they are breaking an actual law.

Sometimes I wonder if those who are being cheated on are too trusting of their spouses and believe everything they say, no matter how implausible the excuse, or they just don't pay attention to the changes in their partner's behavior.

DixieGal likes this.
  5. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

ply likes this.
  6. Good Medicine

Good Medicine New Member

First of all, Candela. Why would you think that I may be a member of Ashley Madison? I have nothing to worry about.

I have an issue with karma because it says that one deserves every bad thing that happens to them. It sounds like you are saying that
    the cheaters on Ashley Madison had it coming and this is justifying the bad behavior of the hackers. Or are you saying the hackers are going to get what it coming to them? Either way, it is wishing harm on someone and just where does this tit for tat karma end?

And to Pool Shark. The Ashley Madison hack is suppose to have over 32 million names. Wow! I am sure there are more than 32 million cheaters out there and just what does that say? A whole lot more than I have time to say.

Maybe some of the spouses do not care. Maybe they are also cheating. Who knows what all is going on. Your right, the hackers are committing crimes here and do not care how it affects anyone. According to recent news reports one person has killed themselves due to their name being released. How do the hackers feel about that? I know, blame the victim and justify their crimes.

Ciao

7. DixieGal

DixieGal Member

I don't believe bad behavior from one person justifies bad behavior from another. Cheating on your spouse is wrong, but so is hacking into a web site and publishing their information publicly.

As for karma, wishing someone else's karma catches uo with them (they get what's coming to them) will only ensure that I get what's coming to me. I would rather not add more suffering to the world with those thoughts.

MariaMaria likes this.
  8. lucky5338

Verified Gold Member

All sorts of people have their own reasons for visiting such sites - even for visiting here or other sex sites. Those reasons can be based on desperation , neglect or feeling unwanted. Some can be based on a search for adventure or something new. The real moral issue is why anyone would want to expose the private behavior of others to the rest of the world.. The next thing is we will have hackers watching us on the toilet. These people are sick.! :)

Luscious_kitty likes this.
  9. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

I think the site itself is bad
    I don't like the idea of a site dedicated to those that want to cheat.
    I don't understand why anyone would trust anyone else on a site like that....seems like you would end up on a show like " to catch a predator " .
    And while I think it's funny cheaters got exposed I think any hacker group is bad and shows potential problems elsewhere.
    I don't know if I believe any of the numbers that they released .

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

I think it's a sick commentary on todays society. If your marriage is that bad that you feel compelled to cheat, get a fucking divorce. Why did you get married in the first place? I find it hilarious that these idiots are exposed.

Amature and Mittimer like this.
  11. ply

ply
    Gold Member

Many people have sex on the side and have perfectly good marriages

12. SWOJLO

Gold Member

We will have to agree to disagree on what a perfectly good marriage is.

whybother likes this.
  13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

The statement you referred to also did not sit right for me and I hasten to add that I am one that has strayed.
    While it was a perfectly good relationship I had no desire to go elsewhere and although was hit on many times was not ever tempted but both changed over time :(

14. sandwich

Gold Member

You can bet the hackers have secrets they don't want people in their lives to find out about. Everybody has at least one secret they don't feel comfortable sharing. Fucking finger pointers! Hacker dudes....get some mirrors and look intently into them and see your own shit!

I don't like the idea of a site dedicated to cheating, but on the other hand, if we must have things like that under the umbrella of personal freedom, then let it be. I think that a person who has decided to cheat will do so, and a cheating site may or may not make it easier.

It is true that our freedom is related to this cheating site being allowed to exist. While I have Irish ancestry on both sides, one side also has a connection to a French Huguenot who settled in America in the 18th century in order to escape religious persecution. I don't adhere to the beliefs of John Calvin (the Huguenots were known for doing so), but I am happy he managed to come over here so he could follow whatever religion he wanted.

These days, it is hard for me not to tie most things to my freedom. I never want to be without it.

ply and lucky5338 like this.
  15. DickDonStud

DickDonStud Member

First of all the hackers are scum, human scum! I did not have a profile at AM, but have I "cheated" on my spouse, well I had sex with another woman who was not my wife and my wife was unaware of it until sometime afterwards, but my wife also had sex with another man prior to this with out me knowing about it, she was willing to have sex with different guy a few months after that, but he didn't play his cards right. So yeah we both cheated on each other we split up shortly afterwards not because we were cheating on each other, but just the marriage became boring we separated for just over a year, I hooked up with an ex girlfriend for a while shortly after and oddly enough she had a one night stand with her ex boyfriend.

When we got a back together moths later, to talk, we ended up having the hottest sex we ever had as a couple, we then decided to stick together as girlfriend and boyfriend until further notice, it's been almost 10 years since then and while I'll admit I'm willing to have another affair I would do it with somebody I meet in person and not online.

ply likes this.
  16. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Did anybody else see that the people who hacked Ashley Madison shared the gender demographics and it was over 90% male users and the other 10% was mostly chat-bots/spammers? Yeah... Sounds like lots of people were really hooking up on there. :p

17. Good Medicine

Good Medicine New Member

I hear there is a huge law suit in Canada over that. We will wait to see what other facts come out. Computer Security is a myth. Everyone is getting hacked. Many countries now have hired teams of the best around the clock hackers. Look at all the news stories about China hacking the US and China claiming the US does the same thing. They are right, we do.

Check out some articles of how phone companies work with the US government and how even some computer companies are putting chips inside the computers you buy to help the Government hackers find out what you are doing.

It is a one way mirror. They watch everything we do but what they are doing is classified. The leaks by Edward Snowden were all classified as well as the Wiki Leaks. Tons of information but we can not do the same as they have to watch everyone because you never know, one of you people on sex chat may be a terrorist so just in case, we have to watch you all the time.

So let me just come out and say it before the government does and embarrasses me. I like to have sex standing on my head. Now the secret is out and they can not be embarrassed.

Knowledge is power and that is the real reason they are hacking us, watching us. Same goes for hackers like those that stole information from Ashley Madison. Gives them power to destroy if the choose so. They ought to be proud of themselves - one person has already killed themselves over all of this. No shame or regret from such scum hackers.

18. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I don't know -- maybe this makes me a "sheeple" but online 'security' and 'privacy' have never really been a huge worry of mine. People get all up in arms and scream at me, "Don't you know?! The Government/Corporations/Aliens are WATCHING YOU! They're tracking your info and following you and know everything about you!"

Uh... yeah... and this is surprising and truly affects me in my day-to-day... how? I feel sorry for the Gov't agent assigned to monitoring my activity. He's gotta be really good at sudoku and crosswords by now - probably a globally top ranked Candy Crush player. Unless he shares all the esoteric interests that I have he has got to be one booorrreeeddd Gov't employee. Nice tin-foil hat, by the way.

I mean, I fully recognize that pretty much anyone anywhere anytime could easily access all of my personal info and "hack" my whole life, as should every single person who does anything online. It's the nature of the beast so far as life in the 21st Century is concerned - with the digitization of virtually every single aspect of life it has become very much unavoidable for many things in the day-to-day. Sure, you could go "off the grid" and everything, but that would be such a goddamned trial that unless you were 100% certain in your abilities to function outside of society as we know it, then good fucking luck. Personally, I enjoy my creature comforts and not having to live in the backwoods eating squirrels for sustenance. I'll sacrifice a bit of personal privacy for that.*

Pretty much my approach is: If I want something to truly be 100% private, then I keep it locked away in my brain -- where odds are high even I will lose it. :p

*I combat identity theft/info hacking/&c by having the most mundane, boring, and generally useless life possible. Also, lots of debt that could only be effected by someone paying it off. So, hackers, please hack my identity and pay my bills! Or, US Gov't, give me a bail out!

whybother likes this.
  19. whybother

Gold Member

I wonder if those stats apply here on SF as well?

10_3XL and ply like this.
  20. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

How real do you think that is. Luciouskitty on here I believe , said she was on it. I just have to think there were some woman on there. Why the hell would anybody keep a profile on a hookup site if it never worked?

And why is it called Ashley Madison? Is that the person who created it?

ply likes this.