Artificial Insemination

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by kbate, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbate

kbate New Member

After many months of thought, and many weeks of planning, I have been artificially inseminated in hope of causing a pregnancy. I have had 3 separate treatments now, one just before my vacation, one during the week I flew home and another this morning. Obviously the first two attempts failed to give the desired results. I had been keeping it a moderately closely guarded secret, but it got out and I wanted to post something here.

I'll let everyone know in a few weeks when the results are known, either way it happens and as we continue our attempt at starting a family.

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Good luck. :)

3. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

Best wishes kate.

4. markx

markx New Member

wow good luck

was it painful??

5. kbate

kbate New Member

No pain other than writing the check.

6. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Well, it should be all worth it. :)

7. Kisses

Kisses New Member

Good luck kbate.

8. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

My turkey baster don't cost a thing. :)

Seriously, best of luck; kids will steal your heart one moment, and make you want to throw them out the window the next. :)

9. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Best wishes Kate!

10. Mystic

Mystic New Member

Good luck!!!!!

11. Logger

Gold Member

So, soon your mom and Dad can dote over their new grandchild. What names have you selected? Is the rest of your family aware there will be a new birthday to remember?

Parenting is not all fun, but there will be some rewarding moments to treasure.

Enjoy, best you can.

Blessings

12. kbate

kbate New Member

If we have a girl, She will be Tamara Jean B. and she will be given everything you can imagine giving to a child. :heart:

If we have a boy he will be Rover the mutt and sleep in the backyard on a chain. :devil:

Seriously, we both like Tamara for a girl, but have too many boy's names on the list. We do know the middle name would be Gordon as that is my family's ancestral name. I favor William and Sarah favors Kyle and Bart.

13. longnstrong

longnstrong New Member

a few personal questions
    one where are you getting the sperm a friend or a family member of sarah's (please tell me that it wasn't a member of your own family), did you get some from david crosby, or ebay or are you making you own. did you consider me?

did you consider adoption?

why you why not sarah?

are you gettiing an egg taking out fertalized and put back in or are you just using a turkey baser.

by the way i am a lot cheaper then Artificial Insemination shit i might even get both of ya pregnent. and when i do i will disappear like a fart on a winding day never to be smelled again.

although i am agnostic i do pray for you n sarah to have a healthy, smart, and pretty shild and God help that kid if it is a boy with a spalling and/ grammer probelm.

#13 longnstrong, Oct 1, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  14. kbate

kbate New Member

To answer longnstrong as completely as possible:

The semen/sperm is provided by the clinic. We sorted through the "resumes" of several thousand possible donors and selected one who met our standards and was likely to father the type of child we desire. Primarily we selected based on intelligence.

We did not consider adoption. Virginia is not a friendly state toward homosexuals and adoption would be difficult. In fact, most of the U.S. is not favorable to gay couples adopting babies. Additionally, we felt that the child would be more "ours" if one of us carried the baby.

I am carrying the first of our children for several reasons:
    1. Sarah is a top event rider and cannot without risking her career take the time off to carry a baby. At her level sponsorship and half million dollar horses are the reality and I am unwilling to spend the money to keep that type of horse on my own.
    2. I have a nearly 400 year old family name and we would prefer our child to carry that name onward, as it can help in opening doors in the future.
    3. My work will not be affected by pregnancy until the last few weeks, my company can be operated without me without loss for some time.

The clinic uses a device similar to a baster, but much smaller and somewhat different in design. In vitrio fertilization is a much more expensive and involved procedure and we will not use that unless all other methods fail.

I did consider using a "live donor" but we rejected that possibility due to legal problems; primarily that the father would likely desire some contact with the child or even perhaps attempt to gain custody in the future. You were not considered as a potential donor but only because you misspelled 'spelling' in your post.

Thank you.

15. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

You missed the word 'grammar' too. ;) But I think he misspelt those words on purpose. :phat

16. Logger

Gold Member

Dear Kbate,

It was nice of Sara to agree to use your family name for your child. Does that mean your Dad and brothers will be more supportive?

So I was rejected from consideration as a donor, because I am not sufficiently trustworthy, and my level of intelligence does not reach your standards? I guess my elderly age was not held against me, though, so that is comforting.

Did you give any consideration to Left-brain and Right-brain tendencies any weight in your considerations? Left Brain being more compliant and orderly. Right Brain being more creative, and less compliant.

Blessings

17. longnstrong

longnstrong New Member

i don't think kbate likes irony, or south jersey sarcasm, nor long, strong, hard, throbbing, cylinder shaped, pulsating, black, hairless, hot, pieces of meat running up and down her upper inner thighs at varying speeds.

#17 longnstrong, Oct 1, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  18. kbate

kbate New Member

I actually stopped reading when I got to "winding day" and just skimmed the remainder. I have come to accept that you will poke me with a grammatic stick whenever opportunity allows; it is the only stick with which you will poke me, varying speeds or no.

19. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

How about Flash?

20. Logger

Gold Member

Hey, FATSO, how do you feel today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.