Article: "10 habits of Highly Sexual People"

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by htoad, Apr 29, 2011.

1. htoad

htoad Active Member

Something I thought others here might find interesting:

10 habits of highly sexual people

Bunnie and I read this and thought a lot applied to both of us, in varying degrees. We'll probably save this for further discussion this weekend (after sex, of course :)). Some initial observations of ourselves:

- #3 is the one we would rank the lowest. I think we practice "selective spontaneity" - when were are private we can be very spontaneous, but we don't really get into the "public sex" and the thrill of getting caught (we have tried a few things but its not something we rate highly).

- #5 is what Bunnie said was a big factor in helping her grow in sexual desire. She was "willing but nervous", but seeing how I treated it as fun as never took our bedroom mishaps seriously, but saw them in humorous terms, helped her conquer the nervousness. At this stage in our lives the fun of sex is what makes it romantic to us.

- #9 is something we "argue" about, in that we are both focused on giving the other sexual pleasure, and seeing them enjoy it, because that in turn gets us excited. For example, one will want to give the other oral sex, but the other would rather give than receive, so we "fight" over who will do who (many times the 69 position will settle these differences. :)).

- #10 we saw in each other before we became sexual, but in a different way than the article. We both sought high achievement in our interests, be it studies, work, or pleasure. This was not for ego, but for enjoyment. It was one of the things that attracted us to each other.

I'll probably see a few more things as we discuss this, but thought others might also find the article interesting, even if not agreeing with all of it.

2. cbrmale

Gold Member

All of the items in the list except partly for 5 apply to me. I hardly ever use humour during sex, but I do have a very dry sense of humour which sometimes gets me into trouble (when things are going wrong, sometimes people mis-understand the laughter I can generate out of such situations, thinking it more appropriate to be stressed rather than amused). I think of sex a lot, I achieve sex a lot, I enjoy risky sexual situations (outdoors sex for example), I am very adventurous with many partners in my life now and in the past and much group sex as well, I subtly ask for what I would like in bed and I don't mind if it's rejected because next time we'll do something else exciting, the main reason I work out and am fastidious about managing my diabetes is to enhance my sex appeal, and I know I am really good at sex and my partners will share special moments with me, even though other men may be more handsome or better built, and outside of sex I enjoy hugs and kisses more than almost anything else.

I don't know if this is the complete list of sexual people attributes, but I do see a relevance in most of the points covered.

3. nurseharley

Gold Member

well #2 throws me out

4. Godiva

Godiva Member

I found a lot of similarities in that, or at least near hits. Interesting read, never knew Monroe wasn't orgasmic! Wow...

5. 33stack

Gold Member

men r intimidated by u. now don't take this wrong, but i found out years ago a curious fact. I was a bouncer in a night club. I found that the most beautiful women in the club were the easiest to seduce!!! I swear i think its because everybody assumes they r either taken, or wouldn't be interested in them.We were ready to close the club one night when a certain regular was at the bar. She was a knockout, classic beauty all the guys were afraid to approach her. I was half in the bag, (this was back in my drinking days) when i walked up to her and said half jokingly " last call, but how bout you join me when i get off for a night of heavy kinky sex?". To my suprise she said "I'd love to!". You could've knocked me over with a feather. And she WAS absolutely amazing in bed. Total free spirit that i felt an automatic trust. After we had sex i asked her why i never see her with a guy, She said hardly any guy will approach her. And she was one of if not THE hottest girls in the club! Ever since, when ever i was single, i just strike up a conversation and get around to asking. Not the same way, but, just honest, u know? So, i think that may be your problem. Men are just intimadated by your beauty. You may have to become more assertive.

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

I'm older than you so I am closer to what it used to be like. It actually starts in the middle ages and Christian theology worked out by Thomas Aquinas and others. The writings of Paul make no apologies that sex is sinful, and the pure state of man is chastity, but if you can't avoid temptation and live a sexless life, then marriage is the only alternative. Aquinas took this one step further and decreed that sex was animalistic in nature and something that we should derive no pleasure in at all. Over time the nature of sex and the days on which Christians could have sex were re-defined (no sex on the day before communion, no sex during lent, no sex on various other days). The Christian church also defined that oral sex was sinful in all forms, as was masturbation, and the only allowable position was missionary. How then was Marilyn Monroe and her peers, for she was far from unique, able to have an orgasm after limited foreplay, no oral sex, and 3 minutes of missionary intercourse?

The Christian doctrine consigned women to unsatisfying sex lives for hundreds and hundreds of years, and it also consigned men to unsatisfying sex lives, for men gain a lot of pleasure from the pleasure of their partners.

Recently I talked with my mother about this, and she too had never had an orgasm. During the research for my thesis on sex, most women who had sex lives which commenced prior to the 1970s when everything changed, had no orgasms, ever.

This is why I'm agnostic, and why I am rabidly anti-Christian. There was no need for this, it caused untold grief and suffering, and when any woman here thinks of the pleasure that sex brings them and then takes that away, they will know what those poor souls missed out on.

In Australia when sex education books started to appear, the originals were actually based on elements of the kama sutra, it opened many people's eyes. Like me they turned on the Christian religion for the needless suffering it caused, they left the Church, and they never came back. I lived through this and sex is the one and only reason why Christianity is largely irrelevant in Australia, in Europe, and pretty much everywhere except for the USA. In Australia less than 8% of the population attend Church compared to about 40% in the 1960s, and that 8% reduces year on year as older people, who form the backbone of congregations, die off. The religion is dead here, and it's all about sexual suppression.

7. igor

Gold Member

OK - I want to know where this is written and by whom. As far as I know there is nothing in the bible about masturbation.

8. igor

Gold Member

Even though I think of myself as highly sexually motivated, I am a real loser according to that list.

9. awakened

awakened New Member

#1 through #10 all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess that means we are highly sexual. lol

10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I guess that qualifies me also.
    Summary: "Sexual" people are sensory aware in every sense of the word.

Poor Nursey, I simply do not believe that tho'!

11. collette

collette Member

Exactly so.

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

You're half-right, there isn't anything written in the Bible. Doesn't mean it wasn't official Church doctrine though. Do some research on line:

Religious views on masturbation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the other things I wrote, including prohibition on oral sex and on any position other than missionary are not in the Bible either, but fit within the narrow confines of sex being only for procreation, which was the position of ALL Christian denominations until the early 1970s.

It was only when it became knowledge that there was more to sex that what the Church proscribed did some protestant Churches relax their views, even encouraging sexual experimentation in marriage. But this happened in very recent times, and was a response to their followers abbhorance at what they were being told to do versus what they now knew they could do.

#12 cbrmale, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011