Are you self-conscious about your body?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by sensless, Sep 15, 2017.

1. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

Are you self-conscious about your body?

Do you bare it all with confidence, or do your body issues prevent you from being totally comfortable in a nudity situation? Do you fuck naked in a complete relaxed mind? Or do you hold back to hide some part of your body?

Do you know why you feel this way? Is it more in your own mind, or was it really other people being negative about you? Or something else?

Are there specific things you don't like, or is it the whole picture?

If you're happy and have no body image issues: have you ever had them? What changed? Are you OK, because you look stunning, or because you don't mind your imperfections?

Nobody needs to answer all of these questions! I'm just giving ideas about what you could say. Add your input freely!

CLE32793 likes this.
  2. daretobare58

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I grew up with with issues like I was too skinny as as a child, then too heavy in my teens. My biggest thing became my cock was too small. The fear kept me from playing sports or taking PE because I didn't want to shower with others. I did have trusting friends of both genders where we played sexual games. My true awakening beccame about 10 years ago when my wife and I became social nudists. We go to nudist resorts and beaches and I realize now...I'm just like many others. Sure, I still wish for things to be different but I don't worry anymore. I am what I am.

3. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

Hmmm...
    yes, I do... think I'll have to revisit all of the questions above an how to answer what bothers me relative to your post .:oops: Partly, not feeling the same as when I was 20 or just younger, or how one's body changes. Plus other things I can't change, but I try not to let all those things bother me too much.:rolleyes:
    I try to work an tweak the things I can change. Dwelling on stuff like that just increases or amplifies the issue or struggles.:p
    Best thing I can do , is work with what I got, an always try be better and/or learn along the way. :D

Little Southern, sensless and BeBop like this.
  4. MOBiGuy

Gold Member

I have issues with my body, but I keep them to myself mostly. I am overweight, don't consider myself very attractive, and for some reason, my nipples stay hard constantly and they can be seen poking out when I wear a t-shirt. Also, like most guys, I wish my penis was bigger.

However, I haven't had any real issues with being nude in front of other people. No problem with taking a shower with the other guys after gym class, no problem using the community shower in the dorm at college, and no problem with taking showers with the guys that I went through my basic and advanced training with when I was in National Guard. I also had no problems getting naked the first time I had sex with my ex-wife.

The funny thing about this is that my self esteem is low enough that I don't try to date because I think that nobody would want to be seen with me, or would be grossed out by seeing me naked. I know it seems weird to be like that, but it's just the way I am.

sensless likes this.
  5. bigred78

Gold Member

I am the exact same way. My insecurities hold me back. I am confident in my personality and things, and think I can be prettt at times, but getting and being naked with someone is almost too terrifying to do. My husband (who passed away) would always tell me how sexy I was, etc but I never believed it myself. Awful, huh? Just wanted to say I'm right there with you. I'm sure in no way gross, btw.

sensless likes this.
  6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I used to have all sorts of nagging insecurities but these days I don't give a fuck about anything anymore just because I can!
    I am no longer young but still in reasonable physical shape compared to most of my peers, my tackle and the rest of my body is in the medium insignificant range but I still don't care as confident in myself and using the tools that I do have.
    Sexyness is not truly in the body but the mind so have no qualms whatsoever with getting starkers in front of anyone.
    Some new partners have been shocked and pleasantly surprised that without first seeing one another naked that I had the gall to be just lying stark naked on their bed with a proud flagpole pointing to the ceiling when they shyly emerge from the bathroom wrapped in a dressing gown.
    One even LOL which was a great response imho.

7. CuriousGeoff

Gold Member

I feel the same way, I just don't give a fuck anymore. In real life, nobody's perfect, we all have our flaws.

8. sensless

Sorry you feel this way, because it must make you lonely.

I don't remember people saying someone was "gross", unless there was a hygiene problem, which is not your case.

You both have been married. Someone loved you and wanted to be with you. Why not believe there are others out there who'd feel the same way, if given a chance to know you?

Little Southern, MOBiGuy and bigred78 like this.
  9. bigred78

Gold Member

Thank you, you're very sweet. I do believe there is someone out there that will accept me for me, it it's also very discouraging and frankly terrifying thinking of having interest in someone who may be superficial only. It's hard putting yourself out there again to say the least!

MOBiGuy and sensless like this.
  10. sensless

Take it slowly. Baby steps. Give yourself a chance to have company who appreciate you. *hug*

bigred78 likes this.
  11. bigred78

Gold Member

Thank you! Hugs right back you ya.

sensless likes this.
  12. Rhaenys

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Yes, I am. I don't want to get into all the boring details because I don't love talking about it.

But I was very thin and had rocket metabolism until my 20s, and I never weighed much more than 100lbs on my heaviest days. I do not like the changes that have come along since between the weight gain, and how miserably long is takes to lose weight. It gets discouraging when it starts to stall after those first 10lbs or so. I like having bigger boobs because of it, but everything else is awful and I would get surgery to remove it if I could afford it.

Little Southern and sensless like this.
  13. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

I would just second sensless's comment. Just enjoy being you, an don't worry so much about it. You have some very beautiful pictures, an someone will just want to be with you to enjoy your company, not just superficially.
    An yes, it can be hard putting you're self out there. :D

bigred78 likes this.
  14. bigred78

Gold Member

:):):)
    Thank you, you're very sweet. :)

Ryan4chat likes this.
  15. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

I so wish I had my metabolism an such of my 20's. completely agree with how hard it is to lose weight, an I feel discouraged easily. I feel so different than I used to.
    Ty, for sharing. :D

Rhaenys and sensless like this.
  16. sensless

It's hard how things like our metabolism, muscle mass and bone density all become worse as we age. :(

Nature is incompetent.

17. Rhaenys

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Very true! :eek:

Little Southern and sensless like this.
  18. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

I know I'm self conscious about my physical appearance. I know it's so ingrained upon my being, it might be a mild form of body dysmorphia by this point. I'd always been a slender child, somewhat underweight, and few doctors, family members, or especially peers, neglected to remind me of that fact everyday. So even as puberty, age, and parenthood have given me the athlete's body I'd have killed for in HS, all I see in the mirror still is this skinny, weak kid.

Same goes for my penis...measurement wise, on paper I'm good, when I look down not so much in my eyes..sometimes I have to get the ruler just so my brain can use the number to conquer the image.

sensless likes this.
  19. Recooter

Gold Member

I think most men or women have always wondered about how women or women might view them and their bodies!

Women (my assumption): am I fat, I wish my tits were bigger, why hasn't he noticed me etc.

Men (my opinion): did I satisfy her in bed, what if my dick was bigger?, why is she with him etc.

Ladies and gentlemen, get out of your own way. There is something hot and sexy in everyone!

Being a straight male, My personal opinion, is there is something sexy about all women, and I can honestly say that no matter what shape, size, race, etc, I have naughty thoughts about all of you.

I used to be really shy and self conscious about my appearance when I was in high school, but once I got past that, I really set myself free.

As soon as I got past my insecurities, it opened up all sorts of doors professionally, personally, and more importantly sexually

Nobody is perfect, but I believe if you love yourself ( not in a conceited and arrogant way), others will love you as well

Little Southern likes this.
  20. sensless

It's amazing how irrational thoughts we recognize and acknowledge can still dominate us.

One thing I've noticed about it, and it's not about you, but all of us, I'm thinking of myself here, is that we are a lot less forgiving when irrational thoughts are driving someone else's actions, or lack thereof, than our own.

There are things going on in our mind we just can't control. Those pathways make you stay obese, because you can't resist food, make you shy in bed, because you think you're lacking in something, make an already thin person starve himself to get thinner and so many more behaviors.

Looked from the outside, it's so easy to sort it out. But from within our minds, as easy as climbing Annapurna.

sankay, Recooter and MOBiGuy like this.