Are you ready for Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TemptMe, Dec 9, 2007.

1. TemptMe

TemptMe New Member

I'm just wondering if anyone is ready.

I have done all of my shopping except for a few things, and stocking stuffers.

The tree is up and decorated. I even put a small one up in my daughter's bedroom.

My village set is up.

I am going to send out my Christmas cards this week.

And I haven't wrapped a thing!::eyes

2. bigmanwithpbgun

bigmanwithpbgun New Member

No, haven't bought much. Trees up and the house is decorated as much as its going to be.

3. TemptMe

TemptMe New Member

You better get on the ball, mister!

4. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I've got one of my gifts already purchased ...

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I have purchased for 2 people so far ( I have 14 people for whom to buy... :ugh)

BUT!! the whole - inside and out - is decorated. The front of our home is classic and tasteful...however, We've established our own personal "Tacky Lights Back Deck" :rofl I'll have to take pics and post them. - - - then I might get to that shopping list.

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I have a few more prezzies left to buy, a few more movies and Christmas specials to watch, and some cookies to bake. I bought some ready-made gingerbread cookie dough and I'm not happy with the cookies at all. So, I'm going to make my own gingerbread dough and start over.

Oh and I need to buy a nice outfit to wear to Christmas dinner. Yeesh...only two weeks to go. I'd better get started. :)

7. cook74

Gold Member

My partner and I have been dipping into our wedding savings to buy all our Xmas gifts this year :tsktsk

Maybe we will have to cut back on the quality of booze we serve at our wedding :nerv

8. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Just serve the "good stuff" for about an hour, then you can sneak out the cheap stuff for the remainder (it's done all the time :lol ) btw - when's the wedding?

9. cook74

Gold Member

End of February, so might have time to save some more money after the new year :nerv

10. heelfetish

Gold Member

I'm just about finished. I bought my wife the biggest present yet this year, I really hope she likes it. :) Our son is going to have so much fun this year. He's 3, and is really starting to understand what Christmas is all about. :)

11. Barbwire

Gold Member

Our tree is up and the house is decorated. I don't really shop all that much, my husband is really into doing it, thank god. We are having 25-30 peeps here for Christmas Eve festivities, so my main focus has been on cleaning the house and planning the dinner.

12. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Christmas?:eek

13. Dreama

Gold Member

Getting married has really made my x-mas budget plummet. I've knitted some things for a few things for my mom and sister, but I still have to get for my Dad and my brother. :(

14. Bluesy

Gold Member

Ditto :eyes :lol As one of the few singles in my family/circle of friends, I attend get-togethers, I don't host them, myself, so I'm not really fussed about decking the halls with green and shiny things. I've got a few X-masy things here and there... I have yet to do my shopping, but I'm not fussed about that, either. All good things in time :cool (Or that's the way my pathologically procrastinating brain is rationalizing it, anyway.)

15. heelfetish

Gold Member

I'm generally a great procrastinator. But years of running around malls on the last few nights before Christmas with all the other men started wearing thin, and I've started shopping earlier. Hell, some of our son's presents we bought 2 years ago!

16. TemptMe

TemptMe New Member

We got most of what our daughter asked for with the exception of an inground pool and a hot tub. (she is only 8) :nerv

We went to go "talk to Santa" last night and she gave us a whole new list. She has never asked for anything before. This year, it is everything she sees on a commercial plus some! :lol

17. legacyfinder

legacyfinder New Member

Jeeez, I wish I was done. I just put up the tree yesterday! LOL. I need to get busy!

18. HardRocker

Gold Member

It was 80 degrees today! We're all decorated except for the tree, which will probably go up this weekend. We have colored lights hung in the back yard where we hang out, and so will the tree. So, around here people either decorate with colored lights or all white.

What about y'all, are you white people or are you colored people?

19. TemptMe

TemptMe New Member

The hubby and I had a small issue with that once. He wanted the colored lights, I wanted white lights. We did white lights. Now...I'm tired of looking at them. I may do colored lights next year. Of course, if I do that, I may have to get a different tree.:lol

20. Bluesy

Gold Member

You did not just say that! :rofl Oh my... I'm definitely a white lights kinda person. I think they look more sophisticated, and my favorite holiday decorating theme is white-and-gold. White lights and gossamer gold ribbons encircling the tree--or sinuous trails of gold ribbon cascading from the top--crowned by a large star lit from within by white lights and trimmed in gold.

But of course I have nothing against colored lights :eyes Some of my best friends are colored lights people!