[Ask a Girl] Are women attracted to deep thinkers?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Bobby3000, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Bobby3000

Bobby3000 Member

rather straight forward. i have been thinking of this. the last girl I was with said she is attracted to deep thinkers but she played game with my head... promising me things only to lie to me in the end. so i dont know how much of what she was saying was genuine then.

so are women attracted to deep thinkers? or is it all just a physical thing? i have a personal philosophy that we can be attracted to a person in 3 ways... attracted to the mind, heart, or body. all of these together would be an amazing relationship but most are either together because of one of the above.

any ideas?

2. CaliMike

CaliMike Member

How does a person distinguish between a heart and mind? By "heart", I gather you're meaning compassion, no? Compassion is an emotion, and is the product of chemical interactions within the brain.

3. Bobby3000

Bobby3000 Member

i am referring to emotion. heart was used as a apparatus for emotions by me. as far as chemicals in the brain goes, emotions are more than chemicals in the brain. there is a great collection of nerve nodes in the solar plexus and emotion can often to be connected with it. all because we can observe changes in neural processes doesn't mean this is the source of it, could be an effect of an effect. but that isn't the point. the point was that a person can be emotionally sustained or feel more connected to someone and like them in this way. its a rather straightforward theory that i tend to believe.

i used mind in the same way i used heart, but this time as a apparatus for thinking/thoughts. if we do not separate functions from each other, then we can't understand why we do the things we do. instead of just saying this is all the brain. it helps to put things into perspective.

4. CosmicEye

Gold Member

You know what he means. Its like the saying thinking with your mind, heart, or dick.

Mind is being smart about something and looking at the before and after in a situation. Heart means love and compassion or truth, and dick..well.. you know.

I wish alot more girls were attracted to more deep thinkers like myself and not just penis size or game.

5. CaliMike

CaliMike Member

I figured as much. Just wanted to be sure. :)

6. Essene

Gold Member

A female (girl) has yet to respond.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

Bobby3000,
    Some of us men who have been around can give you the preferences of more than one single woman, maybe the dozens (or hundreds) who have passed through our lives. I am a deep thinker (Meyers-Briggs INTJ), but I haven't ever found a woman who was primarily attracted to that. The converse of this is I do have a very dry sense of humour, and that's what attracts the women! Once a woman is smiling and laughing with you, and possibly at you or at herself, you're there. Both work together, intelligent men might be deep thinkers, and you do need to be intelligent to be witty. Humour also keeps a relationship alive and fresh.

8. Bobby3000

Bobby3000 Member

no female response. i guess that is an answer in and of itself.

9. PetiteKink

PetiteKink New Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "deep thinker", care to elaborate?

Do you mean generally intellectual/educated/worldly, or always pondering abstract philosophical and metaphysical topics? Something else, even?

10. ply

ply
    Gold Member

I like to stay positive and think deep. Butt I'm still not getting any deeper than I ever have

11. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

There are different personalities and tastes as you already know. But also attracting someone just by being a thinker, this may only work a short time.
    Have normal fun and do things with a special person, laugh, be silly, let yourself go. I mean someone being a deep thinker, not just you specifically.
    Live your life, enjoy, don't overthink and lose someone.
    And yes, giving mutual sex for closeness, sex is not only lust but letting lust have its place within a relationship. Loosen up.

12. Paula

Gold Member

13. Bobby3000

Bobby3000 Member

the latter, PetiteKink... usually the latter are also intellectual, the most revered intellectuals in history where philosophers etc.

14. Moon

Moon New Member

Bobby all these things come into play, its not a case of choosing one specific trait and ignoring the others, its about the level of importance any one specific girl places on them.

Think of it in terms of percentages, for me I would say brain - 55%, heart 30% and body 15%....I couldn't even list them in order of importance, its about how important each thing is in relation to the others.

Each girl will rank each quality differently xx

15. benjdirect2u

benjdirect2u New Member

To begin with, a deep thinker and quick thinker are not quiet the opposites. A quick thinker is a practical and smart person and ANY woman likes a practical man who can find a quick solution to most things. But women are also attracted to a deep thinker because some men are just too shallow. So a little bit of the both makes up a perfect character to me.