[Ask a Guy] Are funny chics sexy?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Lizzie73, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Lizzie73

Verified Gold Member

So the other day, I heard on the radio about this new poll saying men didn't prefer women who were funny. It stated, that for a romantic relationship, they preferred a woman who was less funny & tended to laugh at their jokes/comments. I thought this sounded crazy, as to me--a person's desirability is about the whole package. I would think personality/sense of humor only adds to the sexiness of a woman (or man, for that matter).

So, what's the word from the SF men? Because, if a sense of humor is a turn off, then I guess it's a good thing that I'm married, bc I'm downright hilarious! :rolleyes:

12barblues, ply, djanalyst and 5 others like this.
  2. pastalover

Gold Member

I enjoy laughing. A funny person is entertaining and keeps me involved. So, a funny woman is important for me I have to be involved first.then the romantic part.comes after that. Not funny, goes nowhere.

Candela and Lizzie73 like this.
  3. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

My wife has a sense of humor, kind of, but she is smart. No college degree but she is smart. She, like me, is a problem solver. Some times we see two entirely diffrent solutions to the same problem and compromise on how to resolve it in the middle, but for me, i prefer brains. I got lucky tbat she is drop dead gorgeous as well!!!!

Candela, Lizzie73 and HotForHoney like this.
  4. JakeMoFight

Verified Gold Member

Very sexy!! A good sense of humor is a must.

Candela, djanalyst and Lizzie73 like this.
  5. IMNaughty

Gold Member

I love a woman that can make me laugh, conversations are way more enjoyable that way.

Candela, djanalyst and Lizzie73 like this.
  6. Northside

Gold Member

If she doesn't have a good sense of humor it's a deal breaker. Sex is fun, but we spend more time with our clothes on, and it's important to laugh and enjoy each other's company.

ply, djanalyst, Candela and 3 others like this.
  7. MarkJ420

Gold Member

I suspect the guys saying this are just annoyed women are so awesome , you look better than us , you multi task better than us , you orgasm more than us , you generally organize better than us. So yeah some guys think dam it please let me be funnier than you lol

But they should just embrace it.

CLE32793, Candela and Lizzie73 like this.
  8. Lizzie73

Verified Gold Member

Well, this is just a fantastic answer! ;)

ply, Candela and MarkJ420 like this.
  9. MarkJ420

Gold Member

Well if where good we get to play with awesome women! There is an UP side where not as stupid as we might look :p ;)

Lol

Lizzie73 likes this.
  10. minskminx

Gold Member

I think if a man doesn't think women are funny it tells you more about that specific man than about women in general.

ply, CLE32793, HotForHoney and 2 others like this.
  11. IMNaughty

Gold Member

As always, keep in mind, every man is similar, but we are all different.

12. Niick

Niick New Member

When I think about the qualities that I look for in a women, her being funny is not on my list. Not that I'd have a problem with it, it's just not a necessary quality. There's nothing wrong with having a sense of humor, but you can also take funny too far. I can't stand people who are always telling jokes because I don't always find their jokes funny and then I have to pretend to laugh so I don't hurt their feelings.

It also seems like some people try hard to be funny out of a deep insecurity. For example - a girl who is the least attractive of all her friends tries to be the clown of her group. She's use to her friends getting all of the attention from the guys because they're better looking, so out of her insecurity she tries to make everyone laugh all the time to get some attention herself.

The other day I watched this video of this girl who was acting goofy with her sister. They were just playing around having a good time acting silly. It was funny, and I did find her very attractive. I think it made her seem more attractive actually because it showed her fun playful personality. I wouldn't say it was sexy, but it was cute, and that's good too.

ply likes this.
  13. Master9804

Gold Member

Amy Schumer is funny and fine as hell. so yeah Funny woman can be sexy as well.

djanalyst likes this.
  14. cbrmale

Gold Member

On the whole I haven't come across many women who were funny per se, but I have come across more women who had a good sense of humour and who enjoyed laughing at other people's jokes. On the whole being funny or witty isn't as common with women as it is with men. If you look at those who make their living out of comedy and you will see a lot more men than women for whatever reason.

15. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Sense of humor is key to me. I think it is nice to be badger back and forth. As long as she isn't making fun of my size. Lol

Lizzie73 likes this.
  16. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I've never been averse to a woman who is funny and makes me laugh. A sense of humor is really essential to me. The only time I have an issue with another comedian is if its another man... I always end up getting into a competition for Who's The Funniest. I can't help it; I'm insecure - I don't like people stealing my social identity. :p

Lizzie73 likes this.
  17. Candela

Verified Gold Member

We were put on this earth for this very purpose...Great answer..Gold star for you..No wait..A BJ is in order xoxoxo

Northside and CLE32793 like this.
  18. MarkJ420

Gold Member

Glad you approve i'll come up with another great reply in about 3 years thats a guys usual gap between saying some thing really good lol Ohh if you say so i'll take a BJ from every female in this thread of course! :p :D

HotForHoney likes this.
  19. Anotherday

Gold Member

I enjoy a good sense of humor. If there's one thing I'd like to have more of from my wife is a sense of silliness or playfulness.

20. Sir Cummilot

Gold Member

I much prefer women who are funny, humour can be very playful!