are cellphones really that harmful

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by s2483s, Apr 25, 2009.

1. s2483s

s2483s New Member

im married to my true love and she has had the worst two days of her life emotionally, so i've been trying to figure out whats not working... (we are wanting to make a lil chico)

anyways back to the subject, do cellphones in pockets really cause dramatic drops in sperm count?

i've had 3 different cellphones- one from nextel- i415, one from at&t- w375, and the current one from verizon lg voyager... they all lived in my left pocket of my pants for about 6 hours a day.

i've had so many orgasms inside her even when on the golden ovulation days, and yet still no preg... (and my o's are like a volcano to put it in her words ;)

she has thought she has been preg at least 4 times now and its really starting to get to her emotional side

maybe my timing just sucks, but any advice?

im taking strattera 25mg to help me concentrate on work tasks in the day

im going to try and keep my phone on my desk instead of my pocket during work... but other than that idk of anything else to try

2. igor

Gold Member

What is that stuff? What are the side effects?

I doubt the cellphone is your problem.

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

The old analog phones were probably a lot more likely to cook your brain or balls. The newer digital phones don't have to transmit in standby nearly as much in order to stay linked with a cell. That's the same reason batteries last so much longer now.

Strattera is an ADD med if I'm not mistaken. http://www.stratterasideeffects.com/ It can cause impotence, but that's not the same as low sperm count. Your doctor might know more than us though. Stress can most likely cause it. So can trying to much, as you will deplete your count if you pump it out faster than you make it.

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Dear s2428s,
    There are many causes of infertility but somehow a cell phone in the vicinity of your crown jewels is a most unlikely possibility.
    As your are probably aware one single sperm must find it's way to a mature ovum (egg) and then burrow into it's surface for the DNA of both parents to join up and start the journey of new life.
    The event just described normally occurs in the fallopian tube as the ova is on it's way to the uterus (womb) where if all being well it will implant and cells continue to multiply and differentiate into the various body parts. To be successful first the sperm must be deposited so as to "swim" to the egg at the precise time that it is mature and ready to accept.
    A few facts; to be fertile a man must produce 20 million or more (yes that is the number) per ml (cc) of ejaculate. Normally ejaculate is 2 to 5 ml so there would be in excess of 40 - 100 million sperms yet it only takes one for conception to occur. These figures might give you an idea that pregnancy should occur very easily but in fact that is not so. There are so many events to need to occur just right for that to happen.
    Note that about one in 10 couples are infertile due either to one or other partner or a combination of both.
    The first thing to determine is your sperm count. This is done in a lab under a microscope on a freshly produced sample of semen which you ejaculate complete in a sterile sample jar by no other method that masturbation and only after 5 days abstinence ie no sex or masturbation in the previous 5 days.
    If the count is then within normal limits then the lab checks for motility or how the sperms swim. They must swim fast and look like tadpoles but most must be on the move on going places not just in circles or slowly and getting nowhere. They also check the PH or acidity/alkalinity or your ejaculate which should be 7.0 - 8.5 ie neutral to slightly alkaline and finally the morphology or appearance of individual sperms must look right in proportion of head and tail. It is not that uncommon to see abnormal forms such as two heads to one tail or the reverse or large heads & smal tails, none of these will cause a pregnancy because they just won't make it to target. The majority should look normal.
    That is the easy part and if these check out then you are probably fertile.
    Next the woman and investigations here it gets quite complex.
    Blood test need to be done to determine the levels of her various hormones during the menstrual cycle and also tests to check the viscosity (stickiness) of her vaginal secretions at various times.
    From blood tests it is possible to accurately predict the most likely time of ovulation.
    All being well on that front then there are also possibilities of anatomical problems such as adhesions in the fallopian tubes (often due to past pelvic infection) which may prevent the ova descending.
    So now you may begin to understand that it is quite a miracle that a baby results, yet we all take it for granted that it can and does.

#4 lbushwalker, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  5. spicy_latina

spicy_latina New Member

I agree you should do some tests and go to the doctor, the problem might be simple but still you need some advice.if regular sex is not working out professional help its your next step. As for the cellphone question I doubt that is a problem my brother in law nearly sleeps with his iphone in his pockets and he have 3 daughters...

6. 888

888 New Member

sounds like it might be something other than the cell

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

DUH :idea

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Very funny dudes......cells indeed!
    Actually it is all about cells called gametes.
    A female cell; egg/ovum and sperm getting together and "making" it.
    Damm, I just love this thread now.

9. downloadking

downloadking Member

Wow, never really thought about it .

10. Kanto

Kanto Member

Damage from radiation has three basic factors: duration, intensity, and proximity.

Duration - lets say you leave your cell phone in your pocket all day. That doesn't mean its transmitting all day, for the most part its just receiving. Your balls aren't getting any more exposure from the local cell phone tower than they would if you weren't carrying the phone at all. Once you get a call, your phone is signaled only briefly to alert you with a ringtone, and responds to the tower letting the network know that a connection has been established. We're talking milliseconds of EM exposure. Unless you can somehow answer the phone from the insides of your pants, you're not getting much more than that.

Intensity - consider how your cell phone is powered: by a tiny lithium-ion battery. Antennas at towers are sensitive enough these days that it doesn't take a strong transmission for the phone to be picked up. That's the primary reason cell phones are smaller and last longer between charges compared to the ones made 10 years ago.

Proximity - True, your cell phone is in your pants. But it only stays there until it rings. At that point the distance has gone from inches to feet. EM intensity drops of by a square factor with distance. So you're getting a quarter of the power at 2 feet than you would at 1 foot.

11. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Thanks Kanto,
    We just got to love these techies.
    Wish I had that sort of knowledge.
    Power to you dude.

12. Tommyhot

Tommyhot Member

I don't think a closed cell in your pocket would cause that problem.

It will be interesting to see the large spike in brain cancer patients in the next 15-20 years from all the people who can't seem to put the damn thing down for 5 minutes though.

13. loveit247

Gold Member

Go to a doctor and have tests done. It is not your cell phone.

14. igor

Gold Member

I have worked in broadcast staitons running kilowatts of power and in the military with radars running up to 5 megawatts and still fathered kids, so I seriously doubt a milliwatt cellphone would be a problem, especially, as was pointed out, they only transmit short occasional bursts when idle.

15. bmondeguy

bmondeguy New Member

Hmm, this reminds me of a story I heard from an officer who had at one time served in the Soviet army. He'd been a communications officer in an air base in Siberia, so it got pretty cold in the winter. Supposedly, the soldiers on watch duty used to go and warm themselves in front of the big radars when they got cold 8)

16. igor

Gold Member

Odd thing is that we were never warned about staying away from the focus of the radar. But one day after one of the guys had a pocket full of flashbulbs explode in his field jacket pocket, they decided they had to limit how low that radar could be aimed. :eek

17. HardRocker

Gold Member

I heard that after heavy rains in Viet Nam, sometimes the soldiers would hang their wet clothes in front of the radar to dry them. The water would really jump out of the clothes quickly.
    I wasn't there and did not witness it, but at the time I tended to believe it.