Anyone know meaning of true Love?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by addymark, Feb 12, 2010.

1. addymark

addymark New Member

Hello Everyone.
    According to me Love mean Faith on each other and good understanding with each other. If we are in true love with someone then we just think that he/she must be happy in any situation and we just think how can we help and support to him/her in bad situation. so that's correct definition of love.
    What do you think about love? or what is your definition about it?

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

WHOA! I can't believe this thread has sat for 2 weeks!

addymark, if you are still checking the forums, I'm sorry your thread got lost in the shuffle. Welcome to the forums, btw.

I will answer your questions with someone else's words because they ring so true to me.

"Infatuation is when you think he's as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen, and as athletic as Jimmy Conners.

Love is when you realize that he's as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Connors, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger and nothing like Robert Redford - but you'll take him anyway. "

~Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975

3. DStud

DStud New Member

Well it is said in the bible:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.