[Ask a Guy] Anyone had a vascetomy?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by AGFUNK, Jan 31, 2014.

1. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Hubby is getting his in two weeks. He has to take a class first otherwise he would be getting it in a week. What was your recovery like? When did you resume sexual activity? I want to get him to cum as many times as possible to help clear out all the sperm.

Him and her likes this.
  2. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

I had one. Its a piece of cake.

The strangest thing is sitting In a chair with a bunch of people around while the doctor plays with your balls. They are numb but its weird. One of the nurses was cute and all I could think was "she must have seen some big dicks come through here.

It is two really small incisions in the sac that are no problem. There is a fair amount of soreness when the anesthesia wears off.

It only took a couple of days of sitting on a bag of frozen peas to feel better. I don't remember exactly, but it was like a week till I could have sex and then another week before submitting a sample to make sure it had worked. Hmmm, I still remember that Blowjob/handjob. I guess cause we had to keep the sample cup handy . I don't think it matters how many times he cums before hand or even before the test.

3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I was reading it could take up to 30 ejaculations before it's cleared. I didn't know about the week of no sexual activity. Everything I looked up before today said nothing about that.

4. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I had one twenty one years ago. I forget the number of times but I think I had to take a sample in two weeks. I think it was a day of relaxing with a little discomfort. Then I was like a bull in a china closet. Lol

5. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

It may not have been a full week but certainly wasn't up for my sac swinging around for a few days.

6. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I was saying the stuff I looked up today said to wait a week.

boobjob likes this.
  7. John W

Gold Member

I had one almost six years ago. The worst part of it was the initial needle to numb things. Mine was the normal vas, not the "no scalpel" they do now. Frozen peas and rest for a day. I didn't even take half of my pain meds. It wasn't bad at all. We didn't have sex for a week or so afterwards, but I masturbated two days after the procedure. I could have gone back after two weeks due to the number of ejaculations, but I waited another two just so they didn't look at me funny...

HotForHoney likes this.
  8. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Well that's good to know. I know everyone is different. I just don't want him too be too uncomfortable.

How many did you have John?

9. John W

Gold Member

How many did I have? If you are asking about ejaculations, I was ready to lose the condoms forever, so it was probably 2 or 3 times a day.

10. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Yes, thank you.

11. John W

Gold Member

In all seriousness, once his soreness wears off, I think he is good to go. I'm not a doctor, so check with him. From my experience, I could have had sex three or four days afterwards.

12. AGFUNK

Gold Member

He was going to ask. I wanted to start getting him off as much as possible as soon as possible. I freaking hate condoms and I know he does to. Plus we can't have our date night until he gets cleared. I'm not messing around with condoms for hours.

johnnyangel694u, boobjob and John W like this.
  13. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

you'll save money too.

14. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I have had one myself but also in my job tested thousands of semen samples post vas.
    Sperm clearance varies a lot depending on the length of the remaining vas deferens and the rate of sperm cell maturation. Jerking off multiple times a day will not help as most of the volume is prostatic fluid.
    Most guys take a month for there to be no more sperms present. You can take a risk once the count is below 20 million per cc but remember it only takes one to create a baby.
    I have known of dudes taking up to 3 months for full clearance.

15. AGFUNK

Gold Member

So it's probably best to wait then? We definitely do not want another child and I really do not want to go through an abortion.

16. WS4

WS4 Member

Best thing I ever did.

17. ginger

Gold Member

jez i wish I was Mr AGFUNK ;)

18. diehard

Gold Member

I had one, and things were sore for a few days. Probably because my job consisted of riding a lot. Truthfully, I was scared to cum for about two weeks. Ex-wife was still on the pill, so we didn't worry about condoms. After a few weeks, took a sample in and it was clear of swimmers

19. PDone7

PDone7 Member

The wife and I have pretty much made the decision to go for this. Just need to see the doctor.

20. runner120

runner120 New Member

I hate to be a bummer here, but mine was one of the horror stories. The needles to numb were painful (to be expected), but on the right side, he had to reach WAY up in to grab something and pull it down. I'm pretty sure it pulled my right ear into my head! Really, pulling that down and doing the cut (which apparently wasn't numb) was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. And now, 1o years later, about 15 additional urologist visits, and several ultrasounds, the right side still occasionally really hurts up inside. They have no idea what went wrong; now they guess that it's scar tissue.

Despite all of that, I'm glad I had it done.