Any women here have (or had) vestibulitis?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by tr0n, Mar 13, 2007.

1. tr0n

tr0n New Member

My wife and I are struggling with this right now- we haven't had sex in a year and a half because of it. First we thought it was vaginismus..now her new gyno is saying it's vestibulitis, and that she has to use this steroid cream to help clear it up. If it still hurts, they prescribed her a lidocaine lotion, which seems pretty self-defeating to me. The best part about having sex is pleasuring your partner, and she'll be numb to most of it (one would think anyway, I don't know how localized that stuff is). I'm guessing it'll probably hurt afterwards then too, so all-in-all, it won't be pleasureable, and I'm fearing that this will make sex even less appealing to her than it already is now.
    Have any of you ever seen a sex therapist? We're seeing one now, and it seems to be helping, but then again, I have a libido like a fucking freight train, so this last year and a half has been torture for me; every little bit helps.

God, this sucks!
    :yell :yell

2. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Steroid cream??

Oh I wouldnt use anything like that down there tbh.....

What are her symptons...I in the past had irritations around the vaginal area, but never used medication

Is there a possibility her problems are psychological?

If if helps....I saw a shaman healer a few years ago...who told me I was blocked in my base chakra area cos of rejections in my past (parents, lovers etc)....as soon as she cleared the area.....i became totally freed up and dont suffer from problems anymore

I now have excellent sex............but not enough......:)

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Erm ... if I may differ from Scorp's ... unconventional analysis ...

DO WHAT YOUR DOCTOR SAYS! He/She has the Medical Doctorate, not you, and we sure as hell don't. Ride it out man, last thing you want to do is have some sort of problem and make things worse.

4. heelfetish

Gold Member

Seconded!

5. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Third
    Steroids are fast becoming the medicine to use.
    I even used it for 3 months after a bad bout with phenomena
    and I built my lungs back to normal.
    Agreed you cannot over use it because of the growth factor.
    I was on a inhaler and had to rinse my mouth after using it

Hiker:sf

6. SexyScorp

Gold Member

WE DONT HAVE TO HAVE A DOCTORATE TO NECESSARILY KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR BODIES!!!!!!

We are our own healers....are ye guys kidding...???

Doctor aint always right!!! We need to think for ourselves too...

I had vaginal problems....pains and symptons....they were due to PSYCHOLOGICAL reasons.....i tried the docs in the past...didnt work!!!!!

You know like men not being able to perform cos of anxiety etc....

At least open your minds just a little bit.......????

7. tr0n

tr0n New Member

If I told my wife to see a shaman healer, she'd probably try to choke me. Although, given both of our distastes for doctors, she might be up for it.

To answer your question though, her problems are not psychological that we know of. We had initially thought that, and granted there are some psychological symptoms because it's been uncomfortable for her, but we don't think that's the main cause. I'll admit, we had marital problems, but have gotten past that and are stronger for it now. It's just very difficult when you love someone so much and have gone through a lot together, and can't share intimacy. Like I said, I would have sex 5 times a day if I could, so this is even harder on me (at least she doesn't have a sex drive anymore, so she's not bothered by the same urges I am). We're working at building that back up, and our therapist recommended some written erotica and possibly some movies, but it's hard to shop for that sort of thing. It'd be nice to preview before you buy, and all the sex stores around here with any selection are really seedy.

8. heelfetish

Gold Member

Please don't get so defensive, Scorp. I don't think anyone was attacking your view, but offering another. Medical issues are nothing to ignore or take lightly. If she is seeing a doctor that has prescribed treatment, then it's up to her to see that treatment through before seeking alternatives. For sure psychological issues can have an effect on the body, however in this case she has been diagnosed with and is being treated for a physical ailment.

9. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Hmmmm.....still not convinced......i seem to feel for some reasons, that a lot of sexually related problems are most of the time psychological....but anyway, everyone to their own....

I work as a healer....I work with energies...energies that are blocked and people that sometimes "close down" chakras start to get sick. I have seen it too many times and for too many years not to believe there is a correlation between sickness and stress...

Oh yeah....and freedom of speech to all.......hey?

Carry on guys......

:)

10. tr0n

tr0n New Member

Do you have any more information about energies and whatever else? My wife actually has a few stress-related auto-immune type problems. I swear they are all related but doctors refuse to look at the entire picture. They'd rather treat symptoms one at a time, without looking at the whole body that may be affected with one thing that causes all the others. It's odd because it all started happening at the same time. Stress is a DEFINITE problem.

I guess it can't hurt anything. I'm sure that your type of therapy is expensive though, and certainly not covered by insurance. Any advice? We're just trying to get back in the groove again (I can't even remember what pussy feels like!).

11. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I work as a reiki healer and I trained in aromatherapy and body massage.....

Am so sorry to learn that so many people have sexual hangups which affect their love lives :(

Can only tell you what I have learned through listening to my body.....and listening to others words...

When the energy points to the body close down, we become sick or at the least tense....

For example, I would always close the base chakra down (vaginal area) through fear of being hurt etc....when I was taught to open myself up to love and to trust I was fine....

The treatment I do is the same price as a doctors appointment...the difference being I spend an hour and a half with my clients....the doctors here spend max of 10 mins,

The best healer I ever went to was a shaman healer. She told me repressed upbrining had stunted my sexual growth. She then said "you are a VERY sexual woman....oh my God you are"....she then talked to me and helped me open myself up...

Before I saw her and worked on myself I was getting thrush, yeast infections and all sorts of problems....

Now I am fine.......

The doctors, as you so wisely stated DONT look at the whole picture...they treat the sympton but dont treat the person as a whole,,,,holistically.....

I believe in sexual healing....using it as a tool to heal ourselves...

Encourage your wife to see a healer who works with energies and chakras....it may help her...if she is willing to trust....

12. Bluesy

Gold Member

That sounds awful :( I'm sorry to hear that your wife is struggling with this; I hope she's feeling better before long.

My advice: research, research, research. Forums for women suffering from the same condition are excellent resources because someone is always keeping up with the latest studies and treatments, and they're always more than happy to share that info. Just a quick google search, in fact, turned up additional treatments not mentioned by her doctor:

http://www.aafp.org/afp/990315ap/1547.html

http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/obgyn/patedu/vulvarvaginaldisease/vestibulitis.html

13. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

.... I'm dying to know what evil energies you think I have built up in me. *wicked grin*

14. Dreama

Gold Member

I've never had much experience with holistic healing, but I would like to try a bit of it. My father is actually into a lot of shamanic endeavors that involve many ways to heal yourself. My father has claimed to have healed himself in much the same way you claim. I'd like to learn more about it myself.

15. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Tantric studies helped me as well, in the past. I would love to learn more about the chakras and balance. It's hard to get very far into research without dishing out the dollars and taking wild trips that I can't fit in yet. Sigh. A little at a time...

16. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Dreama thanks for sharing the story about your dad and self healing..

Mel...there is much info on the internet about chakra balancing etc....just go into google and type in charka healing....

good luck!!!

17. tr0n

tr0n New Member

A very odd and unusual thing happened last night: we had sex for the first time since summer of 2005! I was able to eat her pussy a little bit (she told me not to focus too much on the bottom part, since that's where the pain usually comes from), but I teased her clit and then she was ready. She moistened me with her mouth and it went right in. I wouldn't say it was fabulous sex, or even good sex, but the feeling of being inside my wife again and her enjoying herself was definitely very nice. I felt so new at it; I came (inside her) after like 5 minutes and we didn't vary our position at all, but I was able to keep going without stopping and give her an orgasm. Only here's the interesting part (and where things went downhill):
    She said right after she came, I mean right after, like "oh yeah, oh yeah, (feels the rush), then BAM! Pain. I could feel her pussy twitching on my cock, and every time it spasmed she felt a lot of pain. It sucked because after all the good stuff (how she said she missed having me cum inside her, etc), she felt so much pain. She said pulling out was like pulling a knife out of her- that's how bad it hurt. She ran off to the bathtub to run some warm water on it, and used an ice pack when she went to sleep.

So you see what I mean, when I say that doctors don't know shit? If she had vestibulitis, which she may, wouldn't it hurt the entire time? Would I even be able to run my tongue down the whole length of her slit (i think not; if the area was really that sensitive, she would have been in too much pain to continue)? Would sex itself not hurt so much as to prevent it happening? I'm no doctor, but I think this is something else, and I've never heard of it before. That's like having something wrong with your hand, and having it only hurt like hell after you play baseball or something (this does happen in hands and joints, but in the vagina? Never heard of such a thing).
    I guess I'll continue my research online and see what I come up with. Do any other women experience pain only AFTER intercourse? I'm not talking because you were pounding away for 5 hours either; somehow orgasm triggers it. So odd.

18. Dreama

Gold Member

I've had some severe abdominal pain after sex, for a few days after it. But it eventually went away.

19. tr0n

tr0n New Member

This isn't abdominal. She said the pain is in her vagina itself, mostly on the outside near the anus. Yet like I said, it was twitching pretty hard right after she came. I expected her to have some pain since she's tight from us not having sex in a very long time, but the lovemaking itself went pretty well. I feel guilty saying that those twitches felt really nice on my cock, but that's the truth. I think another component is she feels the pain, and instead of relaxing, she starts to fear how much it's going to hurt when I pull out, and tenses up more, which makes it hurt more, etc. It's like a self-fulfilling prophesy, and that's probably part of the reason that this happens. It isn't the first time it's happened either- when we used to have sex in the past the same thing would happen *most* times, but it wasn't this bad. I'm thinking it's heightened by our recent inactivity. What I can't grasp is how a handful of times we had sex, I came in her, and we rolled over and went to bed without her having to get up and run to the bathtub because it burned so much. One would think if you can get away with that sometimes, and it's totally random, that maybe you aren't suffering from a "chronic" condition afterall. Maybe it's dependent on something else?

The doc said to avoid high oxelate foods, but I'm going to look into what kind of significance that holds- chocolate is a main component, and I know in another week or so when she's on her period, there's no way she's going to give that up!