Any of you ever have "visions"?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Adramalech, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

It's happened to me a few times and it happened to me tonight on the way to the gym. I was getting on the highway and thought to myself, "I don't think i've seen an ambulance or a firetruck roaring down here before..." 5 minutes later, an ambulance comes down the opposite side of the highway lights and sirens going full speed ahead. And it's never me seeing it or thinking I saw it like deja vu, it usually involves me saying "I don't think i've..." and about 5 mins later it usually happens. It's kinda weird. :eek

2. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Yep, vivid dreams that mirror some future event, freaks me the hell out and reminds me how little we truly know of life.

3. Jayce

Gold Member

Just the other day I randomly thought about this guy I graduated with. For some reason I couldn't get him out of my head. I barely knew him, but he had a unique last name that just stuck to me.

I read in the paper today his sister got busted at an underage drinking party. Maybe that's why the last name stuck in my head??

4. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

Probably. Was the sister hot? :brow

5. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Yeah, and it was pretty big. :ugh

6. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

Did you blow something up?

7. Jayce

Gold Member

I never met the sister. The dude's last name just kept coming in my head and I was like, why the hell...? Then my mom texts me and says that his sis got arrested. Evidently the name was so unique my mom even remembered it from when I graduated.

8. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

That's weird. All my mom ever told me about my classmates is that 95% of the females there got knocked up. :lol

And just a FYI, my school had a student body of less than 20. :D

9. cbrmale

Gold Member

I've dreamed things, and later had them happen in real life. It has happened several times, particularly if I have had a big change in my life like relocating to a different city. After about six months it seems to settle down.

Those experiences made me think that there is more happening in the world than you can measure with science.

10. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Yeah a lot of the time....

I call it intuition and psychic links with people....

It is the way a lot of people live here in Ireland...

In tune with the senses...

11. HardRocker

Gold Member

One of these days, maybe we'll learn how to purposefully access our quantum connections to the ether. Maybe we'll find that causality is simply a convenient illusion we employ so as to organize our thoughts until we realize this, and a greater reality is that we don't actually live in a causal universe. If we did, premonitions would be impossible, I think. So they're not actually PRE, right? In other words, maybe everything that ever was and will be, just is.

Yeah, I'm weird. Shoulda' majored in quantum physics/philosophy.

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Reading this thread has made me think of something that happened a couple of years ago, about 3 weeks after my brother passed away.

Glenn died of a heart attack at the age of 48. He had lived a hard, reckless life and never seemed at peace. He was in a lot of physical pain, and the misery of it took complete control of him. He was angry much of the time and very hard to be around.

After his death, I was overwhelmed with sadness and concern, I hoped he was at peace and pain free. As he had never been even remotely spiritual, I worried that maybe he wasn't at peace at all, that maybe he might be in a worse place then he had been in when he was alive. It tormented me, it left me sleepless and low.

One night, I fell asleep and had a dream. I was at a party with most of my family and everybody was talking at once. It was loud and very difficult to distinguish one voice from another. They all just melded into an oppressive din. I was feeling lost and confused, when I heard Glenn's patented whistle. I looked and looked for his face in the crowd, but did not see him. I heard him whistle again and call out, "Hey, Missy!" I searched frantically for him, but could not find him. I sat in a chair and buried my head in my hands, overcome by grief. Then, I heard him again, this time whispering in my ear, "Hey, I'm OK... it's OK." Then he was gone.

I cannot express how that dream made me feel. I will tell you it lifted an incredible weight off of my me and made me feel free to breath again. I don't know where Glenn is now, but I know he is OK, and that's all I need to know. Amen.

13. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I have met other people who have had this experience CL...

It is said the veil between the "two worlds" is very thin...

To my heart, this was Glen"s spirit coming back to reassure you...well some say ghosts, dont they?

But anyway, Ive encountered similar things......

Stories that would make yer hair curl!!!