Any GUYS self critical of their bodies?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by shazam120, Sep 15, 2007.

1. shazam120

shazam120 New Member

Not to stereotype, but usually you think of girls being like this, but I really just don't like the way I look. Some of it is, I wish I were in better shape, but really I am not fat or anything. But I just think I'm ugly...

Are there a lot of guys that do this? Or is it really a gender-nuetral penomenon.

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Women and men alike as far as i know are very critical of their own bodies..

I used to be 270lbs and very out of shape, after a lot of hard work and exercise i trimmed down to 200lbs, im in shape but i still wish i was in better shape.
    i think we are our own worst critics for sure.

3. aussiebloke

aussiebloke New Member

I'm not very self critical. I mean I am often concerned about looking good; like most people I want look and feel attractive. But I wouldn't say I'm self critical, because 95% of the time I'm totally happy with my body. Sure I mean we all have little improvements that we could make. I could be a bit bulkier but honestly it's nothing that couldn't be done in 6 weeks at the gym. I guess I'm just content with my body as it is. It's easy to stay in shape when you're young and have a fast metabolism.

4. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

I'd like to drop 25lb but the truth is not bad enough to do anything about it.

5. Nick767

Nick767 New Member

I try not be self critical, as long as you are being healthy there's nothing else really to do just be happy with yourself. I'm 165lbs at 5' 11'' and I have good muscle tone, I like going to the gym a few times a week to keep in shape.

6. Maddox

Maddox New Member

I am, I think I'm a pretty handsome guy most of the time, but I'm really out of shape (slim, not fat) and just can't seem to change it...and I hate the way my chin looks from the side.

7. cook74

Gold Member

I'm not critical, I'm realistic. I know just how bad I look. :puke

Nahh... just kidding, never really had an issue apart from in my angst ridden teens.

I know I'm no Johnny Depp but I'm pretty happy with how I turned out. The main thing, I guess, is that our partners are happy with how we look and that we stay healthy.

8. GreyGoose

Gold Member

I am very self critcal about my body

9. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

WHo apart from johnny depp is johnny depp :p
    I dont mean that to come out as sarcastic i just mean i dont think many guys have got what he has.

But i 100% agree that as long as the woman we are with or would love to be with are happy with our bodies and minds and entire package , then really wheres the problem :)

10. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I have not been critical of my looks after I turned 16.
    I dont use hair stuff, colognes, or anything.
    But I am very much aware of my physical shape
    and do a lot to keep in shape.

Hiker

11. usccocks1

usccocks1 New Member

I think we all are at least a little bit critical of our bodies. I know I would like to loose 20 lbs..

12. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Heck no; not at all.

But I sure wish I wasn't so damn fat.
    And I wish I had more hair.
    And I wish I was taller.
    And I wish I didn't have so much body hair.
    And I wish I had the skin of a 20-year-old.
    And I wish I had a six-pack instead of a keg.

But I'm not critical. ;)

13. eandvk

eandvk Member

Overall Im very satisfied of myself.....although I wish I had been taller..........but at 42 now, Im still very well muscled (from reg. workouts),have a full head of hair (natural blonde),am happily married and raising two kids.....

14. jaguar

jaguar New Member

I have always been thin my whole life. It has always been a battle for me "to gain" weight! Out of high school I weighed 110lbs! After my late 20's into 30's up till now I have always maintained 165-167 pounds standing at 6'. Recently, well actually within the last 4 months I have dropped to 147 pounds! This is driving me totally nuts! I look at myself and hate what I see! Yes, don't worry I am now seeing my doctor having tons of blood work done. I think they have taken 15 vials of blood in the last few weeks. My doctor thinks I may have an over active Thyroid gland, and everything I eat is instantly burned off!! But of course he needs to verify this with test. HELP! Will find out more after the iodine scan. Wish me luck!

15. DirtySlutBoy

DirtySlutBoy New Member

I've always been critical of myself. I know there's no reason for it, but it's a hard habit to shake.

16. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'd say it's a gender-neutral phenomenon. There may be a few guys out there who think that worrying about their looks somehow makes them metrosexual or gay, but I think it's human nature to want to look one's best.

17. Bluesy

Gold Member

I know plenty of guys have their body image issues, I do think it's human nature to an extent, but there have been several studies on women and body image that have demonstrated that a woman's self-esteem/confidence is impacted far more by body image. It's also been shown that once girls hit puberty, their self-esteem takes a major dive due to popular culture's portrayal of the "ideal woman" and how girls growing into their adult bodies compare themselves to the standard. Boys don't suffer the same phenomenon.

And if you think about it, how many men would feel more inhibited, more reserved, in the bedroom because of their body image issues? It's generally women who have this problem. Women are just more affected by body image, though it's obvious that there are guys who have their hang-ups, too.

18. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

Everyone is used to themselves so it doesn't seem special. You can be overly critical and it wouldn't reflect on anyone else. Attitude is what gets you places. If it doesn't bother you it won't bother others.

19. aussiebloke

aussiebloke New Member

Are you saying that for a guy to like how he looks he would have to be gay? If so, I'm not sure you quite got the point of the thread.

20. Skeptix

Skeptix New Member

very self-conscious...especially when i get compliments. only thing i truly love about myself is...well...there's a whole thread about it, so you prolly already know that part.