Any fans of Doctor who?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Master9804, May 26, 2014.

1. Master9804

Gold Member

What are your favorite Doctors or episodes? What are fans thoughts on Peter Capaldi being the new Doctor?

2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Doctor Who. I admit, I really enjoyed it when I was 12. Got back into it with the revival and Eccleston as 9th Doc. Still go back from time to time to revisit fond memories. Watch up through Smith replacing Tennant as the Doc. However, after that the shows writing got pretty poor and the show lost its "soul" for me. Also, due to the recent explosion of Anglophilia and screaming David Tennant fangirls (he's not even the Doctor any more!) here in the States, I have kind of been driven away from it.

My stance now is: There's nothing wrong with liking Doctor Who... not really... if you're a 10 year old boy from Norwich or a 17 year old American girl... Or very high on drugs.

(And I'm not going any further into this potential Nerd Rant - pretty sure I'll get enough sh*t for just this. :p)

3. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

No one else was ever as good as sonic screwdriver John...
    To me #3 captured the true essence of Dr. Who.

xx

4. Essene

Gold Member

I am a fan of DW.

However, I picked up the show around doctor 9. My favorite is 8 or 10, though. 11 started to grow on me.