Any fancy gear ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by David4020, Sep 27, 2015.

1. David4020

Gold Member

Anyone here much into electronics and gadgets. I personally can't afford much at the moment. But when I could a little while back and previous to that. I bought some decent gear. In fact I could make pretty decent money from selling a few thing's.. lol

I'm meaning flashy tv's , awesome sound systems. Whether you have top notch speakers in a hifi set up or surround sound set up. Feel free to talk about all of that in this thread. Name the models and makes of the gear you have. Av receivers e.t.c

I'll talk about some of mine another day.

2. sensless

Gold Member

I don't have anything fancy. I'd like to have a fancy smartphone, since I use it a lot, but I can't decide on a model. There are many I like, but there's always some feature missing.

3. David4020

Gold Member

Read up on a good review site. Testfreaks.co.uk is good. Read the pro and user reviews.

4. sensless

Gold Member

Yeah, I read reviews, but, as I've said, there is always some feature missing. I haven't found one that had all the features I desire. For instance, there's a sony one I like, but one can't change its battery. I need to be able to change the battery. That's why I'm still stuck with samsung. Some days I go through 4 batteries. I use it a lot for work. Seldom to make calls, mind you.

5. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

My phone is the lg optimus, i wish it had a real gos in it, but the internet one is pretty good. My tv is a Samsung, it has all i need, but i do wish it had built in surround as i dont use dvd or blueray anymore. All my movies and videos i get now are in mp4 format and what i dont have stored on my server, yes i do have my own server at home that can connect wirelessly to my tv, i use a thumbdrive to play off of.

David4020 likes this.
  6. sensless

Gold Member

I have a server, too, also on wireless connection with everything.

7. David4020

Gold Member

That's the thing they never make these thing's perfect , it's very rare. I wonder why haha well no doubt because they want you to change phone again another model in the near future. Crafty bastards indeed lol But yes samsung are very good , a very good solid make of phone to have.

8. sensless

Gold Member

It's nothing fancy, but it counts like gadget: I have a gopro 4 silver with two different filters for diving. One is quite fancy, for macro videos.

David4020 likes this.
  9. sensless

Gold Member

What is a gos?

10. David4020

Gold Member

Nice. Samsung again great for tv's these days. Yep to find a tv with a decent set of speakers built in those tv's cost big money. Most built in tv speakers are pretty poor. Some are ok enough though.

A lot of people don't want the clutter of a full separate surround system speakers every where.

11. fbbg

Gold Member

Have some good classic German cars but I'm not saying what as they are fairly rare and worth a reasonable amount of cash, but they will be sold next year to pay the bulk of my current mortgage so I can get a better house.

As for gadgets, Naim cd and Naim amplifier with Epos speakers for my hifi, Gibson Les Paul classic and a Laney class A valve amp, a few rifles (one a rare WW2 Russian rifle for my hobbies :)

I quite like nice single malt whisky too but those change frequently ;)

David4020 likes this.
  12. sensless

Gold Member

I have a samsung smarttv and I'm quite disappointed. It doesn't refresh the filesystem of 1 tera hard drives. One has to load something else to force refresh.

13. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

I do not allow it to connect with everything, it has 5 hdd in it and 10 tb of information now. I an getting ready to order at least two more hdd for it for an increase of 4 tb of space. The only drive i "share" is read only and just my movies but still requires a login. The rest i can only acess from that machine or my shop pc which is the only one that has full permissions

14. sensless

Gold Member

Now, that's impressive!!!!

15. David4020

Gold Member

Nice , those are cool. Well I didn't mean fancy as in mega money , just pretty decent stuff. Lets face it truly 'fancy' most people can't afford anyway.

16. sensless

Gold Member

You're right. I also don't allow anonymous users.

billytk1977 likes this.
  17. David4020

Gold Member

Yes fine details that can be missing. But if a feature is important to you of course that can be annoying.

18. David4020

Gold Member

Naim , nice that's high end. Epos very good too. That system will sound pretty damn good!

19. fbbg

Gold Member

Haha thanks. Which bit lol.

Yeah, lots of hard work went into saving for that. I skipped going to college and have worked hard since I left high school (16 in the UK) and went to college in my own time so have always worked hard for my cash :)

David4020 likes this.
  20. sensless

Gold Member

Why, the bit of gear I see in your avatar, of course!!!!!

lol

(everything)

fbbg likes this.