Any couples have a "sex friend"?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Emt, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emt

Emt New Member

Hey all, I'm just wondering if any couples on here have another friend they add to the mix sometimes for sex? Maybe someone you've always been friends with who joins you occasionally?

Tell us about him/her.

Thanks!

-Emt

2. pirouette

Gold Member

EMT,
    I wish. They are really tough to find though. Although we have invested some time in getting to know certain individuals better, we can't seem to find the right one. And our standards aren't very high either.......just the basics: safe sex - no diseases, no pregnancy issues, safe/consensual, and no strings attatched. Some people get pretty close to fitting the description. But they end up saying....I'd never use a condom or I would love to move in and become a third wheel. Lot's of head cases out there. Well, I haven't given up. I'm going to keep looking anyway!

3. loveitrough

Gold Member

We have a few of our freinds who also are sexbuddies

4. Emt

Emt New Member

We USED to have one. She was my gf's best friend. They would have sex, sometimes I'd join in. Long story short, she moved away, got married and we have been sex-buddy-less for a few years now.

We've been trying everything to find someone else, but as pirouette pointed out, they are near impossible to find. And I've considered the "don't try so hard approach", but that's complete BS!...such pals do not just walk into your life or appear out of thin air.

For those who are curious, having a sex buddy is wonderful!!...in our case there was no lasting emotional attachment, no risks of STD's, we could do anything we wanted together and it was a totally comfortable situation.

Nothing else quite like it in my opinion, which is why it is so unfortunate that person is no longer in our lives. Sex still is amazing, but adding a friend always made it interesting ;)

-Emt

5. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

We have strings, though.

6. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

Not likely

Hi EMT,

Granted in some minds it is an easy way to have no strings sex but the competition amongst single males to join a couple is fierce. However the dynamics of such a situation is quite complex and risks of such a situation increases exponentially. There are so many things that can and do go wrong in such a situation that most couples shy a way from using a friend.

Anyhow, there are two schools of thought on this topic. One is the minority view of yes it is alright to invite a friend as a part of a threesome. The reason why some couples will opt for a friend is because they are familiar, they already know them, and there is a certain level of trust already built into the relationship. Reason why many do not get invited is because friendships are special and most couples do not want to risk loosing a friend over it.

The other school of thought on this topic is that you do not incorporate friends and co-workers into the "mix". Reason for this is because of the potential fallout if it does go bad. Not to mention these types of relationships are long-term versus a swinging relationship which is meant to be a temporary relationship.

It is not impossible to find a couple that would include you. However you need to consider it from their perspective in an effort to understand why you have not been invited. If you are interested in them and joining them then the best thing to do is to make it known. By making it known I do not mean making innuendos, making passes at the misses, or other hinting. Instead I mean being forthright with them about your interests. If you do this realize you may not get the response that you are wanting, especially if it comes to light that the couple swings and you may in fact loose your friendship with them.

#6 yorkiesmurf, Oct 8, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.