Anxiety and perscriptions that affect sex-drive

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by rocker84, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocker84

rocker84 New Member

Ok so I have a problem that seems to be not too uncommon. The last time I had sex it was with a girl I had never been intimate with before, I had a little trouble penetrating the lady's vagina, and I almost immediately went limp. The same thing happened the first time I had sex as well. I'm pretty sure it was just from being so nervous. I read some pposts other people made saying they had similar experiences. What I'm wondering though is if anyone thinks taking an anti anxiety medication like xanax would help this. I am perscribed it but only on an as needed basis, as in I only take it when I feel a panic attack comming on, which is only about once every 2 weeks roughly. I'm sure it would stop the anxiety but I know some medications can keep you from getting erect while you are on it. Any advice at all would be helpful.

2. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

xanax works great for anxiety. I used it for 3 years and got hooked on them
    but then I was supposed to take 3 a day, But i only took 1/2 a day.
    but I took them just for anxiety. But I have no idea if it will make you
    get a hard on. But they are addictive I threw mine in the trash.

Hiker:sf

3. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I work as a healer and meet people who take these types of meds and then either become dependant on them or have problems with sustaining an erection after long term use.

Maybe you try some herbal remedies for your anxiety...i take herbs every day and they work for me...

Just go into google and see what "hits you" there....

Good luck!

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Since you are prescribed Xanax, it is perfectly normal for you to ask your doctor if it can cause erectile dysfunction. Usually any Rx comes with a printout covering all side effects, etc.

5. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Rose

The doctors may not admit the side effects cos they are benefiting financially from the prescribing of drugs to patients...unfortunately the drug companies and the docs in some areas have an "agreement"

I think its best that we find out for ourselves..

If I had listened to doctors in the past, and taken their advice, i would probably have not been in such good (mental) health as I am now

My father was prescription drug dependant....he took stuff like valium and others and I know he had problems with sustaining an erection...my mother told me and she blamed it on the drugs....overuse maybe with him though...for years....

I chose the natural healing path purely cos I saw what drug dependancy did for my dad :(

:)

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Oh, I am all for alternative means of healing. I think it's great that you have studied and now are helping others in that area. It's common knowledge that this earth has produced some of the best medications :)brow)

I hesitate to give advice to someone online, who is being treated for an emotional disorder, as we are not privy to the specifics. Perhaps he could check with his doctor AND begin to look into herbal remedies, as well.

I do know that many Depression/Anxiety meds can cause a lack of sexual stimulation.

7. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Apparently i met a few guys who have taken them LONG term and find it difficult sustaining :( but of course there could be other contributing factors too...

One never knows really....:).....until they find themselves in that situation...

And guys, I am very very rebellious where doctors are concerned...I have had good reason too...

Seen and heard things that would make your hair curl

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.