[Ask a Girl] another hypothetical question for the girls.

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by talldarknaverage, Aug 8, 2011.

1. talldarknaverage

talldarknaverage New Member

Do you care what a guy drives? I know, I know...why would you judge a man by his car? You wouldn't, of course...but I believe it has a bit to do with attractiveness on some level, even if women are hesitant to admit to it. Example: You meet a guy you like and turns out he drives a neat and tidy Honda or.....Subaru. Very clean, impeccable maintinence record, reliable, good fuel economy, sensible, etc. Now, same guy (sort of) drives an old car that he fixed up himself, a fast car, lots of character, not fixed up perfectly, but pretty damn cool. Would this not say something about the guy? Would you not find this more appealling? Or perhaps, a brand new nice car, Mustang, Challenger, what have you?

Incidentally, one of my vehicles is a 25 year old HONDA.

2. Meee

Gold Member

No.

3. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Personally ~ doesn't matter to me :)

4. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

My wife was more happy when I bought a used '93 Camaro from a dealer than when I drove the '87 Pontiac Safari station wagon I was driving when we met.

5. cutegirl

cutegirl New Member

No.

6. backcheck64

Gold Member

My wife would question a mans intelligence and maturity if he was driving a Mustang or Challenger or Camaro. Honda, Acura, Infinity, Nissan, Lexus, some thing with quality and refinement is what my wife looks for, says a lot when someone demands quality. I had a 70 Impala with an LT1 bored and stroked pumping 490hp at the rears, a 76 Buick Century 2 Dr with the Hurst package and Ttops, a 66 Caprice with the police package, and a 76 Datsun B210 when we met. She talked me into buying a new 87 Accord 2Dr LXi when I was looking for a new car back then, one of the best damn cars I've owned. I guess she didn't date me for what I was driving, but she's had a say in all the vehicles since.

My vehicles now don't attract too much attention, a Honda Odyssey and a Titan Crew Cab (hauling kids) and she zips around in a new Rogue SL.

I wouldn't be interested in any woman that was just in it for my car.

7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I'm driving a beat up 1996 Mazda Bravo 4WD utility.
    It has never been claimed to be a chick magnet but it has taken three delightful women (separately of course) into the Oz outback for some memorable camping trip experiences.
    Never judge a man by his car but it may give a clue as to his personality.
    I have simple tastes, ever practical and shun the very idea of exposing my true wealth (material and otherwise) in the form of material possessions such as a flashy vehicle.
    Women do not look my way as I drive by but that sure gives me the opportunity to check them out at leisure :)

8. cbrmale

Gold Member

My experience is the opposite to here, and I found that what I drove (sporty hatchback at the time) was a magnet to the opposite sex. It was part of the attraction equation that led to my now wife showing an interest in me. Another part of the equation, then and now, is clothing. I dress smartly even when casual, and always tailor-made suits for work. By chance I didn't get a chance to change after work for my first date, and that worked to my advantage with a woman who was jaded by white guys who were mainly attracted to her dark skin colour, which was and is a novelty in Australia.

It wasn't just my wife who was attracted by that car, and I ended up being rather surprised by the action I gained from it.

The downside of what I drive is that as an ex-motorcycle racer, I'm not adverse to exploring the handling limits of my cars, which would probably be terrifying for first-time passengers until they get used to it. Especially if I'm nudging handling limits which are very high.

9. Mittimer

Gold Member

My Husband drives a 1998 champagne colored Saturn SC2 and has since the day we met.
    If it get's you from Point A to Point B, then that's all that really matters.

So no, I don't care what a guy drives and I'd never be shallow enough to judge him based on that.

10. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Nope it doesn't matter what he drives

11. awakened

awakened New Member

I have had several discussions about this topic, due to my going fast fetish. Although it does give me a strong twing of excitement knowing a guy drives an Audi, it does not make the determination of whether I am interested in him. Now when we are walking town center where i live and see a Bugatti, Aston or Lamborghini driven by anyone, i will stop and say mmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'd do them for a ride !!! LOL
    But my true exp. has been if the owner of any car keeps it dirty, cluttered, filthy inside I feel strongly it may reflect upon their personality and how they may treat me.
    Anyway, hope that made sense.

12. Mira

Gold Member

Yes, but not in the sense that most would think. As an engineer I have a respect for vehicles and how they are maintained and treated. Not really clutter as mentioned above but keeping it in good working order. If a guy has a practical car or something that he just loves to drive, I have a lot of respect for that. Things that are a huge turn off for me are:
    1. Car snobs...people who think that their brand is better than all else in every category (not to be confused with just liking your brand). Same goes for guys that hate on the US auto industry...I have worked very closely in that market and know that the field is very even.

2. Driving any car because it's a chick magnet or expecting me to be super impressed with your car lol

13. mrmrs

mrmrs New Member

It doesn't matter what is driven. While trucks get my attention over cars anyday, what a man drives doesn't matter to me.

Well, ok. It does kind of matter. I don't want a man that can't keep a clean vehicle. I don't mean NO mess, but I don't want it to look like its never been cleaned.

14. ply

ply
    Gold Member

I think if you find somebody sexy, liking their vehicle may enhance your feelings just a might.

I've always found gals with, in or on trucks, boats, ATV's or motorcycles extra sexy

In the early 80's a friend of mine had a Chevy K2500 4x4 Lifted sky high with huge tires. She was sexy as hell when she was with her truck.

For the speed freaks - Watch your speed in Illinois. They now have mandatory jail time for speeding.
    6 monthes for going 30 mph over & 1 year for going 40 mph over. So if you are going 75 in a 55 and run into a 35 mph zone that stretches out of town for a couple of miles you could find yourself in the pokey. Or if your just hauling ass off you could go.
    Some stupid shit in my book.

Also do not speed in construction zones. $375 minimum fine. A guy I was working with got a camera ticket for going 55 in a 45. Single lane traffic and he was just going with the flow.
    Makes me wonder how many tickets they wrote that day.

#14 ply, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  15. backcheck64

Gold Member

I'll never understand that, not only does it reflect on the personality, with the price of cars, why would you treat it like a trash can? I've got $120K in my three vehicles, that's an investment. My work truck, asside from a couple of dings in the tail gate, looks new and it's got almost 100K miles on it. My van, asside from a couple of scratches in the back from loading sports equipment and bikes, looks damn near showroom at 95K miles. My wifes better look new, its only a year old...and she's even pickier than I am. On any of my vehicles, the engines are so clean you could eat off of them. My son's 95 Accord with 170K on it, asside from some hail dings, looks great.
    I have a few friends that are automotive engineers, on for a car company, the others for OEM manufacturers and while the US has made strides, they aren't up to some of the imports yet... and during the 80s and 90s they were light years behind. I work on cars for some friends and know two repair shop owners very well, they see what's good and bad, and they personally drive Honda. And don't forget, Chrysler is a foreign company now...and one of the bottom rated companies as far as quality. Ford screwed over a golfing buddies family, his father and two brothers worked for them...first they cut salaries, then pensions, then they closed the factory and moved it to Mexico...they no longer buy Fords. After the POS GMs and Fords I've had, I'll never go back.

And a twist on the subject. What about a guy that doesn't have a car? I'm not talking about living in NYC where you don't need one, but in a mainstream town. One that isn't conducive to walking. Would you do all the driving for dates and such?

#15 backcheck64, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  16. backcheck64

Gold Member

My wife's partial to sports coupes and sedans, hates driving my truck...she does look killer in a bikini on a friends boat, won't touch my ATV, likes riding on the back of my bike but no desire to drive it. She tried once, hit the throttle a little too hard and the front tire lifted...that was enough for her LOL. I did a wheelie with her on the back once....ONCE....lol

As soon as the kids are driving themselves to hockey and lacrosse, she has her eye on a 370Z Nismo

17. ply

ply
    Gold Member

I watched my sister-in-law do a wheelie all the way across the yard the first time she let go of a clutch. She made it about 150 yards before she fell over.
    I looked at my brother and said "Man, That's going to cost you big time"

18. cbrmale

Gold Member

What's a mile?

19. pheobe69

pheobe69 New Member

no i dont care what a man drives

20. backcheck64

Gold Member

5180 feet.