And in Stupid News....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HotForHoney, Oct 29, 2014.

1. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Mikey22 and SOOM3030 like this.
  2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Man ordered to pay child support for child that isn't his

Carnell Alexander's ex-girlfriend named him as the father of her child in the early 1990s when a social worker told her she had to provide a name to receive income assistance. Just one problem: Alexander is not the father, as DNA testing has since proved.

Unfortunately, the State of Michigan doesn't seem to care about that little detail, and has embroiled Alexander in a paternity case for years. The DNA evidence and testimony of Alexander's ex-girlfriend both agree that he should not have to pay a dime for a child that isn't his, but Michigan insists he still owes about $30,000.

Alexander has refused to pay and has been threatened with jail time as a result. The child in question, meanwhile, is 27 years old.

--Bonnie Kristian

3. ginger

Gold Member

only in America:confused:

4. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

– There are manyinappropriate reasons that people call 911. But usually, they stop the first time police yell at them. But not Carlos Bueno Mir of West Palm Beach, Florida. The 49-year-old was arrested after calling the emergency line seven times over the span of four hours, police say. The first time, police took the call and arrived to find Bueno Mir, apparently intoxicated, complaining that his wife had "thrown out his beer," WPBF reports.

Police advised Bueno Mir that he didn't have an emergency and left, but he allegedly called back, again and again, refusing to say what his emergency was. At one point, he complained that a woman outside had broken two of his beers, reports NBC Miami. He now faces charges of misusing the 911 system.

xx

Candela, Married M Nh and HotForHoney like this.
  5. SOOM3030

Gold Member

Way back in the day, I had a friend who accidentally shot his pinkie finger almost off, then a year later accidentally shot himself in the foot. Both times with the same .45, and that's a pretty big gun that does massive, horrific damage. Trying to lower the hammer on both occasions.

Some people just too dumb to be allowed near firearms.

6. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

CLE32793 likes this.
  7. SOOM3030

Gold Member

8. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Bad first date: Woman takes Oregon man's wallet

WILSONVILLE, Ore. (AP) — Oregon police agree it was a bad first date.

They say a 23-year-old man met a woman for the first time in person Monday nightafter they talked online. She hopped into his vehicle at a drive-through restaurant in Wilsonville, south of Portland, and suggested he buy her a milkshake.

Sgt. Dan Kraus says the man got two $1 bills in change and put them into his wallet, which he left on the center console. Kraus says the woman grabbed the wallet, got out of the car and ran off.

The Oregonian reports the man called 911 and provided the woman's cellphone number. Officers called her to arrange a meeting at the same restaurant.

They arrested her early Tuesday and recovered the wallet — with the two $1 bills still inside.

9. Mikey22

Gold Member

I heard about that one. I guess stupid people are every where

10. DDoBetter

Verified Gold Member

Thats almost like a cleptoe. She stole it just to steal.

Mikey22 likes this.
  11. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Here is the article followed by my favorite lines from the article:

http://news.yahoo.com/pronounced-dead-91-old-polish-woman-awakens-152547283.html

“prosecutors are investigating whether the patient's life and health were endangered by the inaccurate death diagnosis.”

“They also are urging a regional court to void the death certificate”

"In the legal sense, the woman is dead, but in reality she is clearly alive," Syk-Jankowska said.

CLE32793 and Ra1nb0wUnderwear like this.
  12. HotForHoney

Gold Member

https://gma.yahoo.com/virginia-bank...rime-instagram-172220463--abc-news-money.html

A man who has been charged for allegedly robbing a Virginia Beach bank on Monday apparently posted a photo of the note he gave the teller and two videos of the incident to Instagram.

One video shows a teller apparently taking and reading the note, while another shows the teller giving him wads of cash.

The accused robber, Dominyk Antonio Alfonseca, 23, also uploaded the note he apparently handed the teller, which reads: "I need 150,000 Bands Right NOW!! Please Police take 3 to 4 minites to get here, I would appriceate if you Ring the alarm a minute after I am gone... Make sure the money doesn't BLOW UP ON MY WAY OUT:)"

Virginia Beach police arrested Alfonseca 20 minutes after he left the bank, carrying a gym bag full of money, the Associated Press reported, adding that Alfonseca told WAVY-TV on Wednesday in a jailhouse interview that asking for money isn't a crime and that he believes he'll be found innocent.

Alfonseca also told ABC News affiliate WVEC that he "didn't make a mistake" but that it was the bank teller who had by giving him the cash.

"For real, I felt like I got robbed 'cause they gave me the money," he said. "Then the police robbed my brain."

The Virginia Beach Police Department did not immediately respond to ABC News' requests for additional information, including if the teller has been identified or charged with any wrongdoing.

Court records show that Alfonseca has been assigned a public defender and that a preliminary hearing scheduled for June 12.

It is unclear whether Alfonseca has entered a plea. The Virginia Beach Public Defender's Office told ABC News today that the office could not disclose any information.

CLE32793 and whybother like this.
  13. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

Why can i see my brother-in-law doing that and having the same defence....oh yea.....that is what he would say.

14. HotForHoney

Gold Member

He just let them know, didn't "demand" anything or show a weapon. It's all the tellers fault, and the cops.

15. Candela

Verified Gold Member

16. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Candela likes this.
  17. Candela

Verified Gold Member

18. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

19. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

A Quebec lawyer says police overreacted when they issued a $122 ticket to a 91-year-old woman for making too much noise with her rocking chair. Lawyer Charles Cantin said the Saguenay woman's downstairs neighbor complained to police April 17 about the noise from the woman's TV and rocking chair.

xx

Candela likes this.
  20. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Thats just crazy..Poor old lady has nothing to do and you get some ass making her life horrible xo