Ancient Aliens?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AHappyWife, Apr 20, 2012.

1. AHappyWife

AHappyWife New Member

Is anyone watching this series? I admit, there is some way out theories, but much of the discoveries and theories carry weight to me! What do you think?

It's on now, so I'm off.

2. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

I've always been depressed by the thought that aliens have visited. I mean if humans found life somewhere we would basically migrate there as fast as we could. We would be ubiiquitous on the other planet but apparently we are so boring that the aliens have just come and gone. Makes me feel like we are pretty insignificant. We must be like a joke to the aliens.

3. Trond

Gold Member

.......or maybe they just never came here. Feeling better? :)

4. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

But how about all those sightings. ????? LOL

5. Trond

Gold Member

We're seven billion people on the planet. Would have been strange if nobody saw something that seemed odd.

Compare something that I have experienced myself. Not saying it explains UFOs, but it illustrates how your mind can play tricks, and it just might explain A LOT of supernatural stuff:

I was sleeping in bed with my wife. Suddenly, I can see a dark man standing by the end of the bed, looking at us. He looks completely real, three dimensional and all. I rush for the lamp, and turn on the light. The man is gone. This is when I realize how tired I am, my brain feeling dizzy and sleepy. Still, I know I could see the room, as I could see the man AND the lamp at the same time.

Then I remembered that my mother told me that I sometimes sleep with my eyes open. My hypothesis is that while sleeping, I could see the actual things around me, but my sleepy dreamy mind puts dreamt-up things into my surroundings, completely confusing what is real and what is dream. If I was just a slight bit less skeptical by nature, I would probably have sworn that there WAS a man there. Pretty scary. My wife did not appreciate it. :eyes

6. CosmicEye

Gold Member

My friend has been raving about this. As a purely scientifically minded fellow, I am now very intriguied and curious about what to yell at the TV.

Btw ghosts and aliens are both real but very different. Dont get me started about ghosts...

7. turbulent

turbulent New Member

They don't know we exist,

You've heard the saying: "There are more stars than there are grains of sand on all the beaches on earth"
    Now consider the vast distances between each star and the fact that we don't glow like one. We're practically invisible apart from our stars wobble.

The only hope of us meeting aliens is if our two galaxies collide/merge. Even then you're still talking insane distances apart.
    If you were to scale the universe down to the size of our earth, the probes we've sent out would have travelled less than 1mm. Plus the universe is expanding.

So you're kinda right to feel insignificant..

Hope that cheered you up a bit :lol

8. routabout

routabout New Member

There will be other life forms out there, I would also expect there to be other forms of intelligent life.

There is also argument that the ancient civilizations like the Inca's, Mayan', Egyptions etc were influenced by "Aliens".

If you look at the technology used to build the pyramids & sacrificial chambers of those civilizations it was way ahead of their time and completely incredible.

There are some groups who sit between the "creation & evolution" argument that think that we were placed here by an Alien race who were expanding their teritory and that these "sightings" are basically a check up to see how we are getting on. This would nopt supprise me if it was true though. It would also give some backing to the religion thoerey that there is a "God" controlling things.

Just something to think about ;)

9. 12barblues

Gold Member

aliens.....if they were here before us and planted us here, would they be natives rather than aliens? or resident transients or something....yeah its after 2 am here, and im rambling...

10. routabout

routabout New Member

The only reason they are "Aliens" is because we don't see them every day. We don't know where they come from.

As far as I am concerned they we not from here before but found this "ideal" enviroment and decided to colonise it, how else would you explain the rapid evolution of the species through intelligence?

There is a guiding hand from somewhere.

Now I sound like a loon who sit there with a tin foil hat listening on a baby monitor waiting for that "first contact". :)

11. Trond

Gold Member

This sort of view is regularly presented in "documentaries" on TV, but isn't based on anything that holds water if you read books written by real archeologists for instance. It is something people like to believe in, so it sells and they keep harping on about it.

The Egyptian pyramids evolved from an earlier type of tomb called the mastaba. If you look at the great pyramid of Kheops (his real name was Khufu) and compare to those of his father, you can see how the Egyptians experimented and came up with the design. The pyramid is incredible in the amount of work put into it, and the precision with which it was done is impressive, but it did not demand any technology that early bronze age people did not have.

I wonder when we were placed here, according to those people. At the microbe stage, as ape-like mammals, or as fully modern humans, no evolution needed?;)

12. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Ok so I watched one episode, and Ill watch more, but I am not impressed. That guy with the stupid hair needs to go

13. Gecko

Gecko New Member

I have watched the show off and on. It does have some interesting theories. I would like to watch it more; just life is too busy right now.

14. mikeh

mikeh New Member

There is implied evidence of ancient aliens from all civilisations, even caveman times in drawings of people coming from fire objects.

But what I don't understand and where it falls flat is why did it all suddenly stop?

Unless we're an allien experiment gone wrong.

15. AHappyWife

AHappyWife New Member

I personally think everything on planet earth is "alien." Scientists know that everyone and every single thing on earth and in the universe began life as simple stardust and gases of some type.

I recently saw a show about UFO and blackboxes which featured pilots actual conversations between pilots and faa air traffic controllers. They say that pilots are the most credible because they spend a siginificant part of their life flying aircraft above the earth. Some of the communications would be unbelievable if you didn't hear them yourself. Pilots from USA, Belgium, Japan, New Zealand, Germany...all over the world document exaclty what they are seeing in realtime. No spin or theories there.

The blackbox recordings for the show were mostly obtained via The Freedom of Information Act. New Zealand had a team of reporters in air documenting an actual encounter. After about fifteen minutes (I think that's right) you can hear the reporter saying he was scared and had enough. He asked the flight crew to land.

The most important fact I learned from that show was that pilots who reported seeing UFOs usually lose their jobs because they are considered crazy, unstable, whatever.

When I see a show about the universe in general, it reminds me of how insignificant our tiny planet is. To think that we are all alone is very shortsighted.

The new theory of 11 dimensions that Steven Hawking said exists is amazing. Totally unexpected. They speculate that they interact with each other and may be the cause of the Big Bang theory.

Just some very cool stuff to comtemplate.

16. HardRocker

Gold Member

I watched interviews with astronauts, from the early days up through Apollo and recent ISS and shuttle missions. All sorts of strange things follow them around out there.

17. Trond

Gold Member

Sorry for bumping this one, but I had to post this important conclusion to the thread:
    [​IMG]
    :D