Anal lube

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Alpha Kenny 1, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Alpha Kenny 1

Alpha Kenny 1 New Member

So my current girlfriend and I decided to experiment in anal play recently and we both finally got up the courage to try anal sex. Now after a long "warm up" she told me she was ready to try and after applying a hell of a lot of lube slowly began to enter her.

We took it very slow and she enjoyed it at first, but the problem was the lube kept drying out. We were using durex play but it wasn't lasting long enough and as it dried it began becoming painful. What lubes would you recommend for anal sex? Any that are readily available in high street shops such as Boots or maybe Ann Summers?

2. Silkycat

Silkycat New Member

You'll find specialized lube for anal play actually, I'm not quite sure if they work better though. Because the only local sex shop is quite crap, I buy mine online and have tried all kinds, and most of them seem to work pretty well!

Steer clear of oil-based ones though, as they can cause infections, because a "coating" remains for a very long time afterwards, unless you are extremely careful with cleaning after your done that is! (too much of a hassle for me =p).

Silicone based lubes is what I'd recommend, as they last longer than water based ones, and work great with latex condoms! Don't use it with silicone toys though, as they will melt! Some people can get irritation from silicone products, I guess that's worth mentioning =3.

Water based lubes are also good, but you should make sure it doesn't contain sugar as this can cause yeast infections, which isn't much fun. There are also some fun sperm-imitation water based lubrication out there, of which I am a big fan ^^.

You can get these a lot of places really, and I can't think of any one product that I'd personally recomend to you. Maybe try a few? I've heard that this AstroGlide stuff is supposed to be pretty good though, but I have no experience with it and don't know what it contains!

3. bigsexyashley

bigsexyashley New Member

I would go with a gel lube, it's toy safe and last longer. I got some from adam and eve for like $8 and it's a huge bottle and we love it.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm not sure what others use, but me and my guy (both do anal) really enjoy "Climax" it's a water based lube that you can get at specialty stores and online.
    It's the only lube after, after buying more then I care to admit, that we'll use religiously.

5. Alpha Kenny 1

Alpha Kenny 1 New Member

After a very nice holiday we ended up using KY jelly to success :) Thanks for all the replies and I still might look into the other ones to see if they are any better still.