Anal Issue

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Slowdance, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Slowdance

Slowdance Member

Okie doki, first let me say that in my short time lurking, I love this forum. the openness and lack of snark is delightful.

Anyhow, I'm a girl who really enjoys anal sex (giving and receiving) but I'm having a lil trouble with the after math. Its really difficult for me to have a bowel movement for a few days afterwords, due to compression I would guess. Is that common? Whats the best solution for it? Sure there are meds, but is that the best way to get past the issue so to speak?

Please and Thanks,
    Slowdance

2. heelfetish

Gold Member

That's a tough one, especially since there are some important details left out. With anal sex, it's very, very important to start out slow, gradually stretching the sphincter muscles with increasingly larger toys (or fingers), working up to something penis-size. Of course using plenty of lube is also necessary. But details such as the size (diameter & length) of the object/penis being inserted, how rough you are, how long your session lasts, how often you do it, etc. All these things would factor into your overall anal health.

Without knowing anything more, I'm speculating that you are maybe being a bit too rough, or are having anal sex too often or for too long. There should only be trace amounts of fecal matter in your rectum, so there shouldn't be any 'compression' taking place. I'd say it's more to do with muscle trauma.

I would avoid medications to solve this issue if possible. Instead I would try to change the anal sex routine. If you have sex long & hard, try going more gentle, and maybe for not as long. If you are using very large objects, try something smaller instead. If you aren't warming up properly, or aren't using enough lube, well, you get the picture. :)

If you have any more details to share, it may help us to better help you through this issue.

And by the way, it's great having more anal sex lovers here!

3. Slowdance

Slowdance Member

Well, I like rough too, in a nice general sense, but in this case we do start nice and easy. As for the object, its a plug, about 3.5 by 1.25, not perfectly smooth, has a few small ridges. sometimes I wear it for about 20 min, but have been known to wear it for as long as 3 hours. It doesn't hurt going in, or coming out, not is anal sex uncomfortable for me afterward once my endorphins die down. We use plenty of lube, and the plug is usually used a once a week or less thing and anal sex is less often than that.

The advice is muchly appreciated ^_^

4. heelfetish

Gold Member

The extra info really does help. Do you find the constipation worse after wearing the plug for extended periods, or does it happen every time after anal play? Your plug seems very reasonable in size, so I doubt that's it.

Doing more reading about this, and really, anal sex is not known to cause constipation. In fact, it often has the opposite effect. Constipation is more commonly caused by stress or diet. Is it possible that it's just coincidence, given the frequency of anal play? Or is it possible you're tense afterward, making it difficult to have a BM?

Of course, with any health issue, your best course of action is to see a medical professional (doctor).

#4 heelfetish, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  5. Slowdance

Slowdance Member

Hmm...that's really helpful. I will look into my diet. I do have a tendency to forsake what is good for me in the search for what I want, in food or other things, and only after extended use of the plug to answer your question.

6. heelfetish

Gold Member

Improving your diet is never a bad idea. However, if the constipation only happens after wearing the plug for extended periods, maybe you should try avoiding doing that for a while and see if your rectal health improves. :)

7. Slowdance

Slowdance Member

I'm pretty pleased with it myself. ^_^ I love this place. heelfetish, you are a big help.

8. heelfetish

Gold Member

Glad I could be of some assistance, Slowdance! :) Gotta do something to help the other Anal lovers here. We're in the minority, it seems.

9. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

One way is to ensure you are drinking enough water. This means limiting your caffeine intake and limiting drinking alcohol both can lead to dehydration. Additionally If you are taking any pain medication that has an opiate base, like codeine or morphine for example, it makes having a bowel movement more difficult and means you should be drinking additional water to help you out.

Second, eat a high fiber diet. Fiber helps with regularity and if you do not get enough fiber in your diet then a drink like Metamucil can help.

If these do not work then it is best to speak with your doctor to see what else can help.