Anabolic Steroids and Sex

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by JRB, Dec 17, 2014.

1. JRB

JRB
    Gold Member

Hey Guys,

It's been ages since I posted but I couldn't help but share this.

I've been into working out eve since I was 18 years old, I'm now 31. I've lifted naturally for the first 12 years and got to a point with my workouts where no matter how hard i tried, how good I ate, and how much I wanted to, I just wasn't getting any bigger or stronger. I've been offered many times before but always turned down steroids because of the stereo types and thought that they were "bad for you". The more I read and the more I researched the more comfortable I became with the idea and finally 6 months ago did my first cycle. Please don't' judge as I am not here to promote steroid use nor do I think taking steroids is a good idea for 99% of people, I'm here to talk about how taking them has completely changed my sex life forever!

I know there are rumors out there and a lot of haters that are going to say that steroids make you dick smaller, but this couldn't be farther from the truth. My dick has never been as big, hard and full as it is when I'm on cycle. Along with the male enhancement came an astronomical boost in my sex drive, basically like I was 17 years old again times 5. I went from wanting to have sex with my wife roughly once a week, to absolutely needing it 5 or 6 times a week. I'm much stronger and more assertive when we have sex and while my wife isn't a huge advocate of my steroid use, her orgasms tell a different story.

Again, I'm not advocating any of this, I just wanted to share my story and see if any of you have had experience like mine?

Redline1 likes this.
  2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I've only had sex with one person on steroids and he sucked. I actually kicked him out it was so bad. Couldn't keep it up and sweated profusely.

ply likes this.
  3. sagswing

Gold Member

1 ML of dep0-testosterone intramuscular weekly has made me a new man!

ply likes this.
  4. Redline1

Gold Member

This is interesting thread. I'd be interested to hear more comments.

I am in my early 40's and have seemed to have lost a bit of hardness to my hard ons. But not all the time. It's very odd for me because I used to get hard as a rock every time the wind blew.....

ply, danrb007 and HotForHoney like this.
  5. sagswing

Gold Member

Ok, here's the skinny . . . ignoring the bodybuilder aspects for a moment (OBTW, I was a Master's Power Lifter from age 41 thru 54 when my shoulders blew), have your free Testosterone level tested. Then if your GP/Internist tries to tell you that anything under 500 is normal or "ok" run, don't walk, to a Urologist SPECIALIZING in male sexual health. Do NOT, repeat, NOT go to one of those "Low T" clinics that advertise all over the place as they are TOTAL ripoffs. For example, friend of mine pays $170/week for his T injections. My 3 month prescription for Depo-Testosterone including syringes and needles is $21!!!

My Urologist is the head of the Urology department at a significant hospital in Arlington, Tx. I get blood tested monthly to monitor PSA and Estrogen levels and am maintaining a T level of 1000. I'm 61 years old and even with total knee replacement on July 15 (Ortho surgeon says I'm 4-6 months ahead of "normal" recovery progress, and I've lost 35 pounds, gained strength and sexually have thrown away my ED pills . . . but the BIG deal is how much better the body heals and how much clearer and sharper my mind is.

I won't go into the statistics that make up the "normal" Bell curve for Testosterone but can tell you that being under the tail of the curve sucks and there is NO reason not to be at the top of the curve or beyond.

Lest you think this is an "old man" issue, the PA for the Urologist had a T level of 410 . . . he's now at 900, and is only 38 years old. He also feels transformed.

Check it out ;)

ply, SirFoggy, HotForHoney and 2 others like this.
  6. Redline1

Gold Member

Outstanding information!!!!

7. msduncan

msduncan Active Member

I'm 40, do not take steroids, and I would have sex with my wife every damn night if she was in the mood. As it is we average once or twice a week.

Redline1 and ply like this.
  8. SirFoggy

Gold Member

sagswing, very good post. Few things to add, though ...
    Not so long ago, say back in the early 20th century, men had several times higher T-levels than nowadays is considered as "normal". Levels of anything between 1200 and 2000 were the norm back then. On the other hand, estrogen levels men have now is much higher than it used to be. One of the reasons for that is the food pumped up with all sorts of 'enhancers' one of which is estrogen and estrogen-like chemicals such as parabens. Parabens are dangerous as they tend to accumulate over the time and have some serious negative long-term effects. Diet is another reason for generally low T-levels. For the last 30 or so years of this "healthy" diet craze we only see individuals who look less and less healthy. Most of those health gurus and 'experts' sell nothing but snake oil which goes hand in hand with multi-billion dollars "healthy" food industry. It's a very complex subject to go into but let me just say this. Cholesterol, among some other things, was labeled as THE evil of them all. Thing is, cholesterol is one of the key ingredients male body needs to produce testosterone ... ;)

Redline1, ply and sagswing like this.
  9. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Very interesting thread. I'm not on steroids and do not like to take medication period. However , I turn 40 very soon and have noticed significant changes especially in the last year with things such as erections , healing , sex drive , and some other things so this subject bis something I like to keep an eye on.

Redline1 likes this.
  10. sagswing

Gold Member

Great points! Estrogen is one of the factors that I'm tested for regularly along with PSA and of course T levels. I take anastozerole to control estrogen but only one 5mg tablet every 3 weeks. My Urologist also talked about how all the factors you mention as well as level of physical activity when younger affect what your body NEEDS for an acceptable T level. He has former pro football players who maintained T levels of over 1000 during their playing days but dropped into the low 500's or lower when they stopped such strenuous activity. They are treated to get their levels up to close where they once were. He is also CLEAR that all the T "supplements" are just snake oil and have no demonstrable effect when appropriately studied. One thing he said that made me very happy is that red meat is GOOD!!!!!

Finally, endurance trainers/runners/cyclists who eat lots of carbs and much less protein, as a group (individuals may vary) have statistically lower levels of T than normal and far lower than power activities such as weigh training, power lifting, sprinting, etc.

Yeah, T therapy is a bit inconvenient, but I'm here to tell you "oh what a difference!!!!"

Redline1 likes this.
  11. ply

ply
    Gold Member

Do you know of a good place near Chitcago?

12. sagswing

Gold Member

Gimme a chance to call my Urologist's office tomorrow and see if they have any contacts there.

13. SirFoggy

Gold Member

Healthy, and I mean really healthy -not the boxed versions of it, diet is one of the major factors. As for physical exercises, short but high-intensity workouts are the best. Running around or on a threadmill for an hour will actually decrease T-levels and muscle mass. Just for the fun of it, try running at 100% of your ability for 20 seconds, slow down (even walk) for 10 seconds ... repeat this 8 times. It's only 4 (yes, four) minutes of your time so it's easy to do. You can do this out in the open, on a stationary bicycle or even a real one. Depending on your overall fitness few last repeats might be hard but just keep going. 7th and 8th might be slow but still give your 100%. Keep doing it 3x a week for a month and see what effect this simple routine has on you, both physically and psychologically. Has some 'interesting' effects in bedroom, too ... ;)

Redline1 likes this.
  14. Redline1

Gold Member

This is fantastic stuff guys!!! Red meat!!! Me likey!!!! Heavy lifting!! Me like even more!!! Next just need to get my T checked out see where I'm at.

15. Redline1

Gold Member

One more thing..... Any of you know if any amino's can help out at all? I've heard that the BCAA's can help out a little on your own production of T.

16. cbrmale

Gold Member

There are a few ways to naturally increase your testosterone production. Lose weight or stay slim, take zinc, take branched chain amino acids, eat well and exercise regularly. The main disadvantage of supplementing testosterone is the body's own testosterone production shuts down. I naturally boost my testosterone production and have total testosterone levels of a 23 year old, and high levels of free testosterone to match. I don't work out but I swim laps a couple of times a week. High testosterone however you get there gives you more muscle mass, higher sex drive, better erections, greater thinking power and more energy for life.

The normal testostrone curve for pathology results covers a standardised distribution of all ages of men, so if a man's at the low end of the bell curve then a doctor may consider him 'fine' but he really has the testosterone levels of an 80 year old man. What you need to be is at the top of the bell curve or higher. Then you have your maximum, masculilne potential.

Redline1 likes this.
  17. Redline1

Gold Member

Great post!!!! I'm going to check out some branched chain amino's... I workout 5 days a week. 3 days of cardio with lighter weights and 2 days of heavy lifting for strength and power. I've tried some multivitamin packs and just can't really tell a difference with erections. Hopefully I'll see a difference with the amino's. I'll be 44 next month and last time I checked I'm 26% body fat. Still have some work to do in that department.

18. JRB

JRB
    Gold Member

So there was two ways I envisioned this thread going.....I'm glad it's going this direction!

I've been absolutely swamped at work and also with my personal life so when I get a second I will hop back on and address some questions and maybe go over a few things.

Redline1 likes this.