[Ask a Girl] An old crush contacted me again

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Icebat, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Icebat

Icebat Member

More than a year ago, I had a crush on my physiotherapist named Sarah. She became a good friend and apparently sent out a lot of signals (like dropping to her panties in front of me because she had to "take care of this wound on her tigh") I didn't pick up because I was a full-blown oblivious idiot then. Might have been signals that she wanted a relationship, might have been signals that she just wanted to have sex with me (she is the kind of girl to enjoy being single, but still enjoys banging guys every once in a while too) but I was too chickenshit to make a move.
    It's only after months that I told her what I felt for her, but then she gave me the "just friends" thing. Might have just waited too long or she might have felt what a pussy I was for not making a move earlier so yeah, friendzoned my own ass.

Anyways, we stopped seeing each other for a while because she went to the US for months for her work I think it was. Right now, I no longer fancy her. I have other women I fancy, like this girl on the climbing gym. I wonder why I fancied her back then actually. She's hot, but she is totally not my type when it comes to personality. I've had a long-term relationship in the meantime and it helped me realize what I'm not looking for in a woman. Still, I have to admit, if she'd want just some casual sex, I wouldn't refuse (I'm single now anyway)
    Not so long ago, she contacted me again. Just asking how I was doing. Told her I just broke up, changed jobs and shit like that. I said I could actually use her skills as my back hurts since an injury I had. She asked when, I replied I was unavailable most days of the week (because I go climb) but gave her a couple of dates I was free.
    She said she'd book a whole day to fix my back and gave me a wink. I'm not sure if this is flirtuous behaviour, but I'll assume it's not.

Yersterday she texted me again, asking if we could change the date. I said that I couldn't and that that day was the only one available, showing her I no longer want to change my plans all the time for her like I used to do. I stayed brief in my replies, not starting any babble. Just replying to what she says.

I'm not pursuing her any more. I don't want a relationship with her. As I said though, if she's looking for just "an adventure", I wouldn't refuse.
    I also still valued her advice on other things (not dating-related) since we were good friends and she was there listening to me during the tough times when I was in a full-blown fight with my dad. Not to mention I have met some cool folks thanks to her and I'd actually enjoy meeting more folks.

So I'm not sure how I feel about this. One part says I should let bygones be bygones, the other part says that I should go ahead if she shows any flirtuous behaviour.
    What do you think? I'm not even sure what she's thinking now.

2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

If you're not attracted to her then don't fuck her. If you do make it clear that's all you want.

luvbug, Doitagain and JonJo like this.
  3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Be cool and if she still comes at you give her her dues then see where it goes anyway that is how I would play it. Better to be in the driver's seat than not ;)
    Addendum: a physio GF when a rock climber is a pretty and useful addition to your equipment for enjoyment of your passion :)
    Dude that line about her dropping her panties to....whatever got my motor revving to redline!
    If that had been me in there she would would have exited that consult room walking funny.

#3 lbushwalker, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  4. JonJo

Gold Member

I'm not even sure what she's thinking now.

Have you tried asking her what she's thinking, what she wants?

Nothing gets you answers (usually) better than asking.