amsterdam

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hotlips, Sep 26, 2010.

1. hotlips

hotlips New Member

im thinking of going to amsterdam for my birthday has anyone been and what experiances have you had

2. luvbug

Gold Member

Ive never been. If you get to go be sure and take pics and post!! That will be the closest I get to going! lol

3. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

Hi hotlips,

I'm moving to Amsterdam in a month's time. I've also lived there for 8 years.
    Amsterdam is a beautiful city and I believe it has everything for everyone. There is lots to do there. If you're into culture there's plenty of museums (although they are not as good as the ones in London).

However, as you're going there for your birthday I'm guessing you want to go out clubbing. The big three discos in Amsterdam are the Escape (a bit too commercial for me), Paradiso (sometimes live bands and DJs) and the Melkweg (two to three halls playing different genres of music).

On a smaller scale there is Bourbon Street (live blues/jazz), the Kroon (trendy/popular music) and various other bars and clubs.

The buildings and streets of Amsterdam are very picturesque so just walking around can be fun too.

Of course, there's the Red Light district. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's definitely worth visiting if you've never been there. The district is divided into 'zones' depending on where the women originate from (South America, Holland, Africa etc.) If you see a window with a blue light it means that the woman behind the window isn't strictly a woman. Despite it's sleazy appearance it's quite safe there (lots of police) - just don't do anything silly like counting wads of cash on the street or buying drugs from street vendors (usually from African origins) trying to catch your attention.
    The Red-light district also has Live sex shows if you're into that as well as numerous sex shops. Sex shop Yum-Yam near the Old Church also sells poppers for 15 euros.

If you're into coffeeshops, then I recommend Sheba (on the Warmoesstraat (Warmoes street)). Prices are a bit high, but they sell good gear. For really cheap drinks there is Suzy's Saloon, but it's a bit tacky for my taste. For expensive cocktails and super trendy music there is Palladium near the Leidseplein.

Places to avoid: cheap-looking cafes near the central station area. They're actually very expensive. Go a little bit away from the station to eat and go out.

Personally I like the Kroon disco to go out in as it's full of attractive people and it's fairly easy to pick up a date. I also like the lesbian bars (lesbians seem to like me for some reason) and strangely enough I have picked up women there too before.

Hope this is enough information to go on for now. If you have any more questions just post them.

Last bits of advice:
    Watch your money, bags and purse. Amsterdam has quite a few pickpockets. You don't have to be superparanoid, just be aware enough and keep an eye on your stuff.

Don't smoke dope and drink alcohol at the same time. This is a very bad combination and you will end up being sick. Dutch weed is a lot stronger than anywhere else.

4. IloveSex415

IloveSex415 New Member

I don't think I've had dutch weed. How does it compare to buds from Northern California? I thought we had the best out here :brow

I guess it's a matter if opinion and preference. Cali has nice chronic weed, I can guarantee you that.

5. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I've also heard that california has the strongest weed. Isn't that where purple haze is usually grown? Some people call it <Edited to Remove Link>.

Other non high things to do would be touring the canals and going to the museums. It might be interesting to see a marijuana farm. I think you're only allowed to grow like 5 plants in CA right? I'm sure high prdouction farming is quiet interesting. Definately post how it was, I'll be going there next summer I think.

#5 ninja08hippie, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
  6. Michellesoldman

Michellesoldman New Member

Potent weed is everywhere. Location doesn't matter, but who you know DOES. All it has to do with is two things...grower skill....and strain smoked.

As far as Purple Haze being Purple Kush that's not true. The two are polar-opposites in almost every way. Also, there was no specific strain named Purple Haze back when Haze was first created by the Haze Brothers in '78-80. It's most probable (but still conjecture) that this was a Haze variety that simply had a purple color to it.

Purple Kush on the other hand IS an actual strain name with several derivative varieties of it. Hence names like Garberville PK, SR71 PK, Las Vegas PK, etc...

:uhh: Don't ask me how I know all this.......

As to the OP's question.....I wish I had some info on Amsterdam, but I've only dreamed of going there, never actually been.

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

Sorry folks, I must ask y'all to steer this conversation away from the pleasures of weed. We can't discuss illegal things(in the USA) that get us high.
    Sorry,
    HR

8. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

I have been to Amsterdam a few times, it depends on the type of experience you want. If you are a bit more specific I might be able to give you a few suggestions and if not, the Web has a some good information about visiting Amsterdam including some good information about visiting Amsterdam's Red Light District. However you have to remember what is legal in Amsterdam is not always legal in the UK and you may face tight security looking for contraband when you head back to the UK from Amsterdam.

#8 yorkiesmurf, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  9. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Since this is a sex forum, I can't help but mention that there is a sex museum there.

10. boi19

boi19 New Member

Amsterdam is great! I could give you a tour over there if you want, i actually live quite nearby Amsterdam !