amount of sex partners

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by SecondTimeVirgin, Jan 6, 2011.

1. SecondTimeVirgin

SecondTimeVirgin New Member

When you're in a new relationship does it matter how many man/women your partner has been with? I ask because a friend of mine from college called off his wedding a week before the big day because him and fiancee got to talking one night and she said she'd been with over 100 guys. Also, is it one sided? Do you think it would of been okay if HE had been with 100 women?

2. lovn_my_bbw

lovn_my_bbw New Member

doesnt matter to me........it would be stupidly hypocritical if he had been with more than 100 women.

3. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

so what??....how shallow can he get?...:ugh
    If it had been him....do you think it would have been a problem?
    Dont think so....:eyes
    Actually, I find it astounding that during the course of their relationship, their previous sexual history didnt come up at some stage:shrug

#3 Hot Wheels, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  4. iwilltryanything

iwilltryanything New Member

To be honest i think if you sleep with that many people you are going to have some negative stereotypes thrown around. If he didn’t no it before i don’t blame him, who would want to be with someone who gets around the block that much ?

I think some men prefer it if the women hasn’t slept with many people as it seems like they are thers- they own them sexually in a sense. Something special that only you have had kind of thing.

I dont blame him, eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

5. nurseharley

Gold Member

does it matter? i think it should. maybe not in the sense of how many, but its always smart to know about your partner's sexual past for obvious health reasons, etc.

i wonder how he never knew this before though. you'd think if youre about to MARRY someone, you'd know stuff like that already. being with over 100 men is....just insane to me. HOW does that even happen? nevermind, i dont want to know

if he had been with over 100 women himself then thats just him being a hypocrite, but sounds like that wasnt the case

6. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Yeah idk how I'd respond. I haven't had nearly that many partners, but that's me. 100 does seem like a lot, but really who am I to judge?

As for dude not knowing, count me in the "wtf?" camp. I do think it's fucked up he dropped it like that after finding out. Seems a bit superficial really.

7. GreyGoose

Gold Member

Doesn't matter it is called the past for a reason. I never asked how many my girl has been with I have an idea but that's bout it.

8. htoad

htoad Active Member

The real issue is why they had not discussed this earlier in the relationship. Keep in mind we do not know the whole story. I have seen people hide their sexual past when they have found someone who wants to marry them.

Certainly she was free to sleep with however many folks she wanted to. But he is also free to make his decision based on that. Some really feel that if their partner has been with 100 other people, they are nothing more than another notch on the bedpost, and/or when things get rough in the marriage they will be compared in a negative light to the others. However, if that was something important to him he should have asked about that earlier in the relationship.

There is no total "right" in this. One can do what they want. But actions always come with both responsibilities and consequences.

9. Kermit

Gold Member

A hundred wouldn't bother me, as long as I was 101 and theres no 102 (without at least discussing it first lol) :D

#9 Kermit, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  10. backcheck64

Gold Member

If I were single, I would want someone with a few miles on them, no curiosity, no regrets then. I went through 46 to get to the one I'm more than happy to spend the rest of my life with. I had the advantage of going through this almost 30yrs ago and diseases weren't such an issue.

11. Woody81

Woody81 Member

It shouldn't matter, but to some people it does. It doesn't matter to me by the way. It's sounds very one sided. Because for some reason guys can go out and sleep with as many women as he pleases. Then he gets high fives from his buddies and other guys. If women do it they're considered easy or a whore.

It does surprise me that it hasn't been discussed before. Maybe he feels like a less of a man because her number was higher than his. That's a trivial reason to call it off.

IMO he was looking for a reason to call off the wedding.

12. CruelTease

Gold Member

AH yes, the old she's a slut, he's a stud thing. I hate that!

13. cowboyup

cowboyup Member

100 is alot of men lol, idk if i would want someone who has been around the block a half dozen times.
    for me personally 100 is just too many.

14. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

I reached triple figures long ago, and lost count, and I don't see myself stopping any time soon.

My girlfriend thinks I should see a doctor as she thinks I'm pathological. Anyway, if I've been with lots of partners I sure as hell couldn't criticise a woman who has also slept around.

In this case I think the wedding was called off because the man felt insecure about himself.

15. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

agreed!

me & mine are both in the triple digits.. neither of us knows our exact number.. but we don't plan on adding to them ;)

16. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Indeed. But then think: if it weren't for these "sluts" how would the guys be able to become "studs"? [​IMG]

17. outofcontrol

outofcontrol New Member

I wouldn't have wanted to marry someone with over 100 partners, but then again I wouldn't have asked someone to marry me unless I knew them well enough to know in my heart it was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Also, I don't think open marriage is the answer, open relationship maybe, but the definition of marriage is spending the rest of your life with someone, and I believe the reason most don't work is because people don't put in the necessary work to keep it strong.

18. htoad

htoad Active Member

Somehow I get the sense that a lot of folks are assuming that the guy in this situation has also slept with 100 woman, and are judging him on something he himself may not have even done... there are always two sides to a story and most of the time on the internet we only see one.

19. Kermit

Gold Member

My wife had this talk, she had a wild past, she can't remember, but she's settled down since then. Me i'm just at my 3, 4 if you count oral sex. So glad i didn't fuck her (the one i had oral with)

20. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Have fun wallowing in your ignorance. :eyes