Am I over reacting?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by spazgurl26, Mar 1, 2012.

1. spazgurl26

spazgurl26 New Member

I'm not sure if I'm over reacting and should just let it go. Last night I was awaken from sleep by my boyfriend having a dream. He was moaning really loud and kept saying yeah..oh yeah. I know people can't control dreams but now I feel like I'm not that great because he sure doesn't act that way with me. So I'm greatly upset over this. And lately sex is just that..sex. It's do it..get it done and off to do other things. It's not passionate or anything anymore. So I walk around pretty miffed a lot lately. Am I just over reacting?

2. HardRocker

Gold Member

You know the sex is less than stellar lately, and he no doubt does too. Maybe it's a combination of apathy on both of your parts, but no need to worry about who's more to blame. You can spend perfectly useful energy being miffed, or put it to constructive use to try and change your sex life. Rather than shoot in the dark with suggestions, since I don't know you, I recommend reading around here and see what others with dull sex lives have done. There are plenty of threads, and no doubt someone will pitch in right here in this thread. Life's too short to mope about sex. Everyone wants great sex, but it takes effort and imagination, and cooperation. Talk to him about spicing it up, that in itself might light a fire.

3. mikeh

mikeh New Member

Sorry, you're over reacting. Dreams are just that, dreams. I've woken up the the cold treatment a few times because she's dreamt I'm having an affair.

But if you are concerned that his dream was also a desire for more passionate sex then speak to him. reading between the lines of your post I think it's also what you want deep down (no pun intended).

4. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

Yep, maybe it is the catalyst for change. If you are wanting to liven it up - whatever the reason - speak to him before it is too late.

And you said it, but with a different emphasis - sex is just sex. make the most of it. It is not some taboo.

5. 12barblues

Gold Member

talkin' about it is the answer...but you both have to talk "honestly"...walls of insecurity are what stop most people from having great sex...my girl told me about her lust for well endowed men early on...(in one of our many conversations) Her honesty about that just made me trust her all the more..(.if that makes sense...) I mean, can you imagine saying that to your man? or being the man and hearing you wife say that? but the honesty of it made us stronger, rather that causing jealousy or insecurity... And it has led to some pretty hot sexual fun for us....(made possible by the fact that i know she's honest and very loyal, and would never do anything without my consent, ( and neither would i)....

anyway...establish trust, and talk honestly about all of your sexual desires and things will heat up for sure...

6. Mittimer

Gold Member

As a woman I have to say that you're over reacting totally.

It's a dream. A fantasy. You have to realize that.

7. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Dream can be only dreams, or related to something you wish, etc.
    Don't bring it up to him about his dream, but show him you can be his dream. Take time to talk about things including sex, ask what he would like. If he's hesitant and shy, maybe you can loosen him up. Id he's tight and reluctant, closed, give time. Think of yourself saying nothing is wrong (if you ever do) when there IS something wrong, turn the table on yourself and work with it with a different perspective. Maybe working with it, keeping the dream thing quiet, will light him up.
    That's one way to look at it.

8. Peteher

Peteher Member

How bout dressing up in a school girl outfit and seducing him, let yourself go wild and see what happens?

9. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

Maybe he was dreaming about a new harley and he was in a real nice show room jst about to buy one... lol Dont worry you may have the same type of dreams you cant control these.. Also maybe hes dreaming about you..

10. Splendid_Thoughts

Gold Member

I have to agree with the other posts and believe that you are seriously overreacting to his 'dream'. Do you know it was a sexual dream? It could have been about a good massage...or a harley as hubbywubby said...it could be absolutely anything! Even if it was sexual, what's to say it wasn't with you?

Talk to him...leave your ego at the door and talk openly and honestly - and be honest with yourself.