Am I being pessimistic or just realistic?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by SOOM3030, Oct 1, 2014.

1. SOOM3030

Gold Member

Okay, I've been good friends with a show stopping beautiful girl for a few years now, and things have always been strictly platonic between us - which is fine, she's a really cool person and a lot of fun to be around no matter what. For the last few years we've lived about 350 miles apart, and still keep in touch but haven't hung out together in quite a while.

Then yesterday, I get a text from her out of nowhere and we struck up a conversation. I have no idea how it came about but this weekend, her and I are going to visit a city several hundred miles from where either of us lives to get really drunk and hang out, and we're staying at a hotel for the night. That's way, WAY outta left field - we've never even discussed a trip like that before.

She's been very complimentary of me lately, so it would seem like the whole scenario is at least fairly promising, right? Yet I'm pretty firmly stuck in the mindset of 'there's no way, gotta be a coincidence or accidental signals or wishful thinking on my part...something. after like 6 years, suddenly she-who-is-too-gorgeous-for-words is seemingly giving me the opportunity? I don't know, just seems like exactly the perfect thing to happen right now...that's the opposite of how my luck works lol. Besides, we've got a uniquely good friendship: I know we'd both be hesitant to mess that up, friends that are so close they almost share the same brain are rare - not something worth risking for maybe a fling, right?

Am I looking at this rationally or am I being too negative? I need perspective lol

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Maybe a little negative dude but it does sound to me awfully like a honey trap.
    You got ball and testosterone flowing so you gonna go for it big time and not hang back but you also going to be a little smart and wear a condom right?
    No sense in becoming daddy to someone else's kid if you get my meaning.

SOOM3030 likes this.
  3. SOOM3030

Gold Member

Oh absolutely, I don't any miniature versions of me!

But I still feel like it's two friends going to hang out and blow off some steam by messing with the locals in a city neither of us lives in. There are things that hint at the possibility of something more, but those things could be entirely coincidental/accidental. I dunno...I'd be furious with myself if I made a move cuz I misread the situation and soured a good friendship. I've made that mistake more than once...never been worth it, in my experience. I'm old enough to value a strong friendship more than a chance at a quick lay.

Man, where is that coming from? I coulda sworn I just finished being a teenager a few weeks ago (13 years ago). Is that what they call "maturing"? Who's idea was that?! Yeah, prolly leads to better decision making but omg it's so boring!

4. _lookin4fun_

Verified Gold Member

I say go, have a great time, and do what comes naturally! Oh, and details when you get back!!

lbushwalker likes this.
  5. SOOM3030

Gold Member

My plan exactly: roll with it, que sera sera. And if the situation turns steamy, naturally I will relay the story to my SF confidants. Just don't hold your breath...I'm certainly not gonna lol

lbushwalker and _lookin4fun_ like this.
  6. backcheck64

Gold Member

Text her, are you bringing the condoms are am I. If she takes offense, say it was a joke, strictly a joke, if not, you know where you stand.

7. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

lightbulb smiley.png

Doitagain likes this.
  8. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Well...I just say roll with it. Don't expect anything and you can't be let down. I know it's pretty bland for an answer but unless you are set on what you want don't force an issue and let it flow

9. SOOM3030

Gold Member

She would smack me for making a comment like that, joke or not. I was saying how I am going to remain respectful and mature...and you kinda just described the opposite of that.

Like I said, I'm not willing to throw away a good friendship for a shot in the dark at sex. Casual sex is fleeting and always available somewhere, but a singularly great friend is rare and irreplaceable - I've lost several making that very mistake, and it isn't just not worth it, it's stupid and thoughtless and hurtful.

You must be pretty young still...eventually you'll see why the rest of your life matters more than 10 min or so of sex. And learning that takes some shitty experiences, trust me.

10. 12barblues

Gold Member

Oh you're in. Count on it.
    Maybe.....

SOOM3030 likes this.
  11. SOOM3030

Gold Member

Hahaha...oh man, I loved that...you made my day with the perfectly placed 'maybe', I'm still chuckling.

Well, I'm just gonna go have fun and if she's got something else in mind then it's up to her to voice it. If nothing happens, I'm totally fine with that, there's always someone else out there.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice, it all helped me put things in the proper perspective. Maybe :D

12. 12barblues

Gold Member

Well know this.. I had a high school crush.. Was my dream girl for 30 years but always just a friend.. We were close .. But not that way .. Then one day , out of the blue, she changed her mind ... So it can happen.

13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I'm in envy mode!
    Reckon not knowing one way or tuther kind of gives it an extra edge.
    You obviously value this chick highly.
    Remember humour and laughter is a potent aphrodisiac :)

14. 12barblues

Gold Member

And if that doesn't work , be sure to text her a close up of your cock and ask her what she thinks....

lbushwalker likes this.
  15. 12barblues

Gold Member

And it has to be one of those close ups where you can actually see the hair follicles

16. lbushwalker

Gold Member

LOL, I needed that humour too!

17. minskminx

Gold Member

See a woman would ask about intentions in a case like this.

The man, however, says, "sure" without even thinking!

Remember, it is much easier to get laid than find a real friend.

12barblues likes this.
  18. Trond

Gold Member

It is???

19. minskminx

Gold Member

I've found it to be the case!

Maybe things are different for boys. :)

20. backcheck64

Gold Member

There's a difference between having a respectful, mature, yet fun relationship, and having a stick up your ass. And young, far from it. I've been married almost as long as you've been alive. And if she's truly a friend, she should get a kick out of that statement.

sandwich likes this.