AM I abnormal for not having sex in 2 years?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Mandy87, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Mandy87

Mandy87 New Member

I was talking to my friend about it, and he said oh thats not normal , i think he was kinda joking but now thinking about it. Its not like i dont want sex, i do but im just wanting to find a bf and that hasnt worked out yet. I just had bad casual sex experiences, and ddidnt like it. So I just wanna find a guy who actually likes me etc...I am not prude or anything, and I do masterbate lol, but am I the weirdo and only person who wants to wait?

2. niceguybeme

niceguybeme New Member

You are more than normal, you are abnormally awesome!!! Far too often people are too willing to jump into bed with each other. What ever man earns your trust and becomes special to you will be one lucky man.

3. Ready2Please

Gold Member

I've gone 4 years without sex but I was single and chose not to be with anyone.

4. dukefan

dukefan New Member

My wife had not had sex in three years when we had started seeing each other. Her last relationship ended when she got pregnant despite the fact they were already engaged. Long story short, she wasn't gonna be sleeping with every Tom, Dick, or Harry in front of her daughter. We had known each other for years and didn't never think of each other in that way. I split from my first wife, and things sorta fell together.

And damn if I didn't get lucky, she had three years built up.

All that to say, you are not abnormal. I think its great you aren't just sleeping around for the hell of it. Too many things clorox can't get off out there now

5. Essene

Gold Member

We create our own sense of what is "normal". While sexual activity can be very healthy, it can also prove psychological unhealthy, or even physiologically (when it comes to STD/I's). Only you should decide with what interval you engage in sexual activities.

Now, would it abnormal to never have had sex and be x years of age? Probably, but again- that would have to be decided by you.

6. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

My wife is very beautiful . Its torture not to grope her. I realized even though i might think its fun she may get annoyed by it. I had a girlfriend once that always grabbed my ass my crotch and used to always want to have sex. She was actually a nymph. I learned a lot from her. I even still know her. Whats funny is I could call her right now and she would probably come over. I broke up with her 14 years ago. She works in the same company that I do and so does my wife. Anyway my point is that the nymph became a pain in the but. I never thought I would say that but it just was too much. We had sex so much that when I came it just was not explosive. We were not in love we just fuck sucked and did some really weird but fun stuff. After a while I just wanted a girl friend where I had to put up a little fight. Where I want going to get it every night. I actually like getting turned down. So the once or twice a week we have sex its more special. Also about the grouping. When our have a really hot girl chance are they are getting hi on so much. Sounds like your case. Anyway after a while its probably a pain in the neck. You start thinking all men want is sex. The sad thing is this is true for the most part. Unless your like me. I had enough sex with this girl for a life time. I do admit imglad I did. I came enough to probably fill a few tankers... I think the best relation ships are the one where you bond as people and then sex is secondary. So my all means do what makes you happy. By the way when I run into the nymph at work I still tankers her. She is a very sweet girl and she came into my life at a time I really needed someone like her. I just did not love her that way. I do love her as a friend but thats it. She hit on me about 2 years ago and even that made me feel Good because shes very hot. I looked at her and said you know my deal i would never jeopardize that. It is hard to work with her but I only see her every now and then...

7. daletom

daletom New Member

Mandy, you may not be "typical" (in the statistical sense) but you sound quite "normal" to me. You have concluded that there are mental and emotional aspects to sex, as well as the physiological. Like you, I didn't fully appreciate that until after I started having sex. For me, the mental, emotional, and physiological factors all came together in my first sex partner - to whom I am still married (and having sex with!) after more than 35 years.

I hope you can find somebody to share a similar experience with. There ARE guys who understand and respect your position. If there are significantly older people in your life who know you more than superficially - perhaps a favorite teacher or professor; clergyman or counselor; athletic coach or a mentor from work; even a favorite aunt or uncle - they may be able to help you meet such a person. (Sorry, at the moment both of my sons are already in pretty serious relationships.)

8. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Very normal, actually someone I know had waited for 9 years until she got intimate again. The first thought that crossed my mind was questioning your friend's reasoning, wondering how the heel passing on this judgement.

9. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Mandy87,
    I completely concur with all the above posts.
    You will know when the time/person is right to resume a sexual relationship however
    keep your body receptive, fit and sated by various masturbation techniques.

10. Rx3

Rx3 New Member

You know, when you think about it, most people manage to go for almost 2 decades without having sex, sometimes more. 2 years really isn't that surprising, nor is it abnormal.

Unless you're the kind of person who has sex all the time (Which I suspect your friend is), in which case two months could seem incredibly dry.

11. GingerPower

GingerPower New Member

Well said.