Allergic to Semen?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by LA_20, Jan 6, 2008.

1. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

I seriously think that I am allergic :ugh. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now and have been giving him head for at least 7 months. Without fail I get sick every single time I swallow.
    Several months ago I finally told him how sick I got and of course he felt beyond terrible and refused to let me swallow. Today I swallowed for the first time in a few months, and yet again, I got sick.

I am not too worried about this since I am rarely in a position where it is necessary to swallow, but it is rather weird.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I have never experienced that or heard of anything like that before. I hope that someone can give you some good advice! :)

3. Dreama

Gold Member

OUch. Never heard of that, but my only suggestion is to stop swallowing. If your boyfriend knows what's going on, he probably won't have any objections. I mean, what kind of boyfriend wants to make his lover sick?

4. Bluesy

Gold Member

Yep, a semen allergy is quite possible (to his semen, at any rate, since all semen is not created equal). It's also possible that you're ingesting trace amounts of a food you're allergic to that's a mainstaple in his diet...or a medication that he's on. Ring any bells? Another possibility is that it's entirely psychosomatic (you're grossed out by the act of swallowing his cum and your body responds accordingly).

5. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

LA 20
    It is quiet possible to be allergic to HIS semen.
    If you know of anything that you are allergic to (food wise)
    then He may be eating it and passing it to you in his semen.
    We truly are what we eat.

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

I have been a member here for a little less than a year and this is the second time a woman has come on here to say the same thing. I guess it's not as uncommon as you'd think.

Ooops! Just did a check and that woman was you, LA 20. http://www.sexualforums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=9074&page=2

Have you talked to your doctor about this?

7. funlovingguy

funlovingguy New Member

Not heard of this yet, why not give up?

8. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

Up until yesterday I did give it up because my boyfriend hated the idea of making me sick. I swallowed last night because of our slightly public location :dgrin. After going so long since swallowing I thought I'd be fine, but I guess not.

The idea of swallowing does not bother me in the slightest but I could see the food allergy thing. I'm really sensitive to spicy foods and milk, both of which he consumes in large amounts, so I guess I could see that.

I haven't talked to a doctor about it simply because I always forget, but I will make a not somewhere and ask him about it next time I see him.

9. cook74

Gold Member

If you have swallowed semen from other men and it hasn't made you sick (in the distant past obviously) then I can't imagine that it is an allergy to semen. It is more likely to be something in your partners semen. What about its effect on your skin? Do you get any redness or itching?

10. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

He is my first in every aspect. I've never intentionally let his semen dry on my skin but it's certainly gotten on various body parts on multiple ocassions and I've never experienced any redness or itching.

11. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Are you sure that it wasn't the salt? Semen is fairly salty and a lot of people's stomachs have problems with salt water.

12. Mr.Tongue

Mr.Tongue New Member

same but different, a few time my wife has either spit semen back on my lower stomach or finished me off by hand and let it land on my lower stomach, I usually feel a slight burning in that spot, although it goes away as soon as I clean/wash up. it doesn't seem to bother my wife on her neck or chest.

anyone else experence this