Alcohol damages sperm

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by princedominic, Mar 27, 2012.

1. princedominic

princedominic New Member

I just read that alcohol can harm your sperm. It can make it so they can't get to the egg and maybe even harm the DNA. If your working on having a baby, it might be time to cut out the booze. alcohol effect on sperm/

2. backcheck64

Gold Member

I'm calling bullshit. I drank like a fish from eigth grade through college, basicly didn't slow down until I turned 21...and both of my kids are boarderline genius (161 iq and 154 iq) and both very athletic. Where did the damage occur?

3. princedominic

princedominic New Member

When did all people start being the same. My best friend is allergic to peanuts, I am deathly allergic to bee stings, my sister has vitamin D deficiency, my dad has gout, and my mom is bi-polar. My uncle is a drunk. Just cause you family tolerates booze does not mean, some people cant. And why would you keep drinking if it might cause damage to your child. Jack is more important than you kid. Vodka more important than a healthy child. Really??????

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

Do you realize what you just said? Really realize it? Allergies(and your family medical history) have nothing to do with what the topic is and it's completely irrelevent. BC also didn't say his family tolerates it, he said he did.

Booze isn't more important then a healthy child but some crack pot study that says that it damages sperm has no more bearing on my want to drink then a study saying that sperm makes a good facial lotion to prevent aging.

Just because it effects SOME people doesn't effect all. God knows if alcohol truly fucked our kids and didn't allow for a healthy child we would have a fuck ton more jacked up children. I can't think of a single person (especially those who have been in college or have kids) who don't drink.

Personally, I'm with Backcheck on this. I'm going to have to call bullshit.

The website that that article is posted on is ridiculous. It posted on wordpress with a minimal theme making it look "real". None of it is original and is just torn from other places like wiki or medical websites and plastered there. Lame lame lame.

#4 Mittimer, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  5. Texas_Red

Gold Member

That'd be irrelevant, and bearing. :phat </nazi>

Also, count me in on calling BS. Besides, even the whole "alcohol kills brain cells" thing has been debunked.

6. Mittimer

Gold Member

Excuse my shitty grammar spelling atm. Headache, horse pill of a pain killer. Kicks my ass.

7. martak

martak New Member

my dad was a drunk. I turned out fine but my brother is slow.

8. princedominic

princedominic New Member

Its sad how booze can distory lives

9. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I have a rack full of wine and it's not destroying my life or anyone else's. Misusing booze may destroy lives.

10. KarYn

KarYn New Member

My dad was a drunk, left my mom with 3 kids. Did not see him for years. Showed up drunk, yelling at us, wanting money. Mom called the cops, never heard from him again. Dont tell me booze is harmless! I still have problems trusting men. Ill not date a man that drinks even a single beer a year.

11. thunderseed

Gold Member

The information I have read says chronic alcohol abuse can effect fertility, but normal drinking isn't a problem. Also I've never heard my AA buddies mention fertility issues before... and almost all of them have kids.

Also, red wine is good and packed with antioxidants and helps lower risk of heart disease and other great benefits, and is not known to effect fertility, so if you are that worried about it, you could just switch to a glass of red wine every night! Cheers!

12. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I know first hand of the problems alcohol abuse causes for families (seeing a drunken mother thumping into a big burly police officer was not one of my fondest moments, nor was any of the emotional abuse) but I insist it's not the alcohol itself that causes any problems but the misguided use of it. Alcohol doesn't leap out of the bottle and down a person's throat by itself.

13. Mittimer

Gold Member

Amen sister!

14. ladypinkbubble

ladypinkbubble New Member

I knew a guy once that got arrested for being just over the legal limit. He was in the liquor business promoting new brands. They made him goto AA as part of his sentence along with community service. He loved going to the AA meetings. He saw it as a marketing opportunity, we would even had out coupons for new liquors.

he would stand up "Hi, Im bob, yesterday we announced XXX vodka, the smoothest....."

And he promoted cigaretts and would give people free packs of his clients at meetings.

Still makes me laugh thinking about it years later.

15. princedominic

princedominic New Member

whats the movie where the producer goes to AA meeting even though he was not a drunk because there was where all the deals were done.

16. sirindiaink

sirindiaink New Member

My sister is a drunk and the kid she popped out is not right. Just saying.

17. sirindiaink

sirindiaink New Member

My sister wrecked her car early this morning after a night of boozing it up