Age difference

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Sexy Scholar, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sexy Scholar

Sexy Scholar New Member

Hi everyone. I am wondering what the age difference has been in relationships for you, and how it shaped the relationship. I ask because my significant other is five years older than me, and I don't have the chance to observe many similar cases-- where it is the woman that is older.

2. Cafe

Cafe New Member

To start, I'm a male, and right now 25. Let's just say I've been with girls younger than me and leave it at that since you were asking the other direction. ;) On that other side, I've been with women almost 20 years my elder.

3. Cafe

Cafe New Member

I wanted to edit this part in but since it won't let me I'll add it.

It's probably unfair for me to say how the relationship was due to the fact that I only had one example on that extreme of an end, and it could have been an aberration. Still, I'll go ahead - it went just fine, until, she started getting ideas of something more than what we had started as.

I've been with a few which were in that range, about 5 years, above me. They all went fairly well minus a little usual personality conflict here and there, but nothing that wouldn't be found in other situations. Definitely nice to have around.

The only "longterm" actual GF I have had was about my age, and that was starting 6 years ago. She turned out to be the only one that really had issues, but that's another story.

Good luck!

4. heelfetish

Gold Member

5 years isn't really that much older, once you're both over 20. Every relationship is different, it wouldn't be fair to paint them all with the same brush. My sister is with a man that is 14 years older than she is. My wife is 2.5 years younger than I. In my opinion, your connection is much more important than your age. As long as you are happy together, should age really matter? (Assuming both are of legal age, of course!!!)

5. eandvk

eandvk Member

When I was 29 I was together with a woman 8 years older than I.....we dated exclusively for 2 yrs. She was a divorcee, with 3 kids and I was never married...aside from her ex being a real problem,but thats a long story. We got along well,most of the time...mentally we had a great time together and sexually was even better.
    Basically, I ended it because of her ex and other circumstances which werent in my control....but for the first 1 1/2 yrs. things went pretty well....and I have no regrets dating "the older woman".

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

Um, a 5 year difference does not make her an "older woman". You have to have 10+ years between the two of you for a true generational gap.

Bingo. There are emotionally immature and mature people of all ages. Chronological age really doesn't factor into relationship quality at all.

7. crashdown

crashdown New Member

Im 21 and my so is 23. So its really not a big difference and I've experienced more in my life so maturity wise I am older than him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.