Age Difference

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Firecracker, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Firecracker

Firecracker New Member

My boyfriend is 37 and I am 30. To me age is a state of mind. I love him no matter what his age. What's the age difference between you and your partner? Just curious.

2. Dreama

Gold Member

Hubby and I are the same age, but I don't think age is that big a deal.

3. Evil Ice Maiden

Evil Ice Maiden New Member

I'm kinda seeing someone who's 8 years older than me. Not sure how comfortable I am with it, feel like I'm pressured to live up to any expectations he might have. :ugh

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm 33 and my boyfriend is 23. The ten-year age difference might seem strange but it works for us. He's a lot more mature than my last boyfriend was, and he was actually older than me.

5. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

same age but all my other relationships have been with older women, dont think its a big deal

6. Vanja

Vanja New Member

There's only a month between us. He's my second boyfriend who's the same age as me and I like it like this. We remember the same things, enjoyed the 80's (don't tell anyone :D), stuff like that.

I've been with men who are both 10 years older and 10 years younger. It was fun for awhile but didn't work for me long term. I felt weird around the younger guy's friends.... and the older one became too controlling for my taste. I wasn't looking for a father figure.

I can't imagine myself with anyone but my boyfriend.... we have been together since 2004.... lots of ups and downs but we are stronger than ever.

7. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Puss you rock.... totally just rock! Good for you, sweetie!

8. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

My hubby is 1.5 years younger than me, and was the FIRST younger man I ever slept with. I always went for guys a few years older. Age does not make a difference, unless legality comes into play. It is about maturity, attitude, and personality. That is what makes it work....:p

9. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

My hubby is 2 years older than me... I don't really car about age and have had boyfriends older and younger. Love knows no age!

10. tongueoffury

tongueoffury New Member

just over a year apart, age doesn't matter, maturity does.

11. igor

Gold Member

The wife and I are a year apart. Basically no difference. My mom and dad were 12 years apart. Not a big deal.

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

My husband is turning 48 tomorrow and I turned 42 in January. His hair is almost completely grey, so he looks much older than me. When we first started dating, someone thought he was my dad. I still laugh my ass off over that one, hubby, not so much. :lol

13. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

Im 26 hubby is 32..Works for us! I like older men :)

14. Master9804

Gold Member

I have dated a woman who was 9 years older and I dated one who was 9 years younger.

I got along with the girl who was 9 years younger. I was 28 and she 19. We had a blast, but she was in that I want to date around stage so that was kewl with me. We mutually broke up.

The woman who was 9 years older. We clashed on everything. I met her when I was 23 and she was 32 and she was into the I want to be married and have kids stage and I was not even close to that and wasn,t going to be until I was at least 30. But we ended up having a couple kids who are awesome, we broke up a few years later. We do remain good friends. But I will never date anyone older than me ever again. Totally did not work out for me at all and I,m still to this day bitter over the whole thing and wished it never happened.

Me and Hotbabe are just 3 years apart and that is fine with me. Her being the younger one is awesome for me too. Of course she looks like she is 19 hehe. Which is kinda kewl when she gets carded at Karoke. Hehe. Makes me smile that they think my Babe is 18 or 19. Which I wished I was dating her when we was 19 or 20. I should have had my kids with her instead.

But in my case age does matter. But not in everyones case. My Parents were 15 years apart and stayed Married for 33 years.

15. L.A.X.

L.A.X. New Member

I'm 22 and the girlfriend is 18.....most mature 18 year old person I know,sometimes I have to look at her ID to remind myself she is actually 18!! lol

16. pussycat69

Gold Member

A little over a year between us, but i've been with older men. Age difference does not matter, it is a state of mind. Everyone is different.

17. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

My wife is 10 years younger than me. No problem for either of us, but we didn't get together until about 10 years ago. She married her first husband when she was 21 and he was 30. She prefers older men.

I don't think I'd have liked that much age difference at that point in my life. At 30 I was running one large business and a VP of several others and heavily involved in numerous community and state organizations, while she was still a wild and crazy hippy. It just wouldn't have worked. Now I'm a hippy too, so it's fine.

18. HardRocker

Gold Member

A 7 year gap in your 30's isn't nearly as wide as a 7 year gap in your 20's.

Did that make sense?

19. heelfetish

Gold Member

It did to me. Much like a 7-year gap (or even 2 years!) in your 20's isn't as wide as the same gap in your teens. The older you get, the less important age gap becomes.

My wife and I are 2 years apart, me being older. My ex was 2 years older than me, and decidedly less mature. Maturity, wisdom, and compatibility don't come automatically with age.

20. Firecracker

Firecracker New Member

I agree that it's all about maturity. I look younger than I am.