Age differance

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by hurley, Sep 25, 2004.

1. hurley

hurley New Member

Ok, me and my gf are almost 3 years apart. She is 16 and her birthday is dec 10th, and im 19 and my birthday is feb 28th. My dad has an extreme problem with our age. We started dating dec 15, 2002 when she was 15 and i was 18. My dad never liked it from the start so i was wondering what other people thought of our age differance. Thx

2. lancer674

lancer674 New Member

Three years to me doesn't seem like much difference. The fact that she is underaged might be an issue. Three years is nothing, especially when you get into your twenties, it won't even be a problem. I am thirteen years older then my gf, she was nineteen when I met here. Her family has a problem with it, but not a big one because most of the women in here family are dating or are married to men older then them.

I think that if you logically and with maturity sit down with your dad and explain that you want to pursue this relationship, that you two are being adults about your realtionship, I think that he will come around. Don't be blinded to the fact that when family members are against a relationship it usually only takes time to fix it. Takes time to allow them to see that you really are being mature about it, being an adult. So don't be conceived and think that there is a magic phrase to fix it all...just time. So stick with it if your are serious, show your maturity. If you are not serious about this relationship, don't put your relationship with your father in hazard's way.

3. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

After you get past the next two years (basically once she becomes "legal") the age thing doesn't mean anything. My wife is 4.5 years younger than I and it's never been anything even close to an issue. Age is just a number to a large extent. Remember that you can get in serious trouble if you are having sex with her, even though it's 100% consensual.

When I was 26 I dated (for about 1 month) a girl who was less than a month from her 18th birthday. (We never had sex - only 1 handjob for me). I felt a little awkward about the age difference, but the biggest problem was our levels of maturity. She was just an immature person (still is, at 21), and that probably would have been a non-issue if I had been 21 or so, but by that age I was a LOT more mature than she was, and that's why it only lasted a month.

I don't think your age difference is significant at all, but like I said, you need to watch the issue of sex with a minor. If her parents find out and want to press charges, you could get in deep shit. Keep that in mind.....[​IMG]

4. frootloop

frootloop New Member

how old do u have to be to have sex in US? 18? otherwise im confused lol...

5. hurley

hurley New Member

Before we had sex, i looked everything up about rape and shit like that, and according to the Washington state law, If under 16 its rape, but once 16 its age of concent up to 48 months (4 years). I looked it up 6x different times and even talked to the city police about it and its all legal. We waited a year to have sex anyways so at that time she was 16 and i was 18 going on 19.

Frootloop, I believe it depends on each state. Try and look online for your state laws. Thats how I found out about Washingtons.

Thx everyone.

6. frootloop

frootloop New Member

i'm actually from England, where the law is 16 throughout the whole country. it's interesting that in the US, it's one country but each state has its own laws about it. thanks for the info hurley.

7. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

Laughing at you talking to cops about it. "Can I fuck my girlfriend legally?"

It appears as though age of consent is 18 in Washington, unless the other partner is 59 months or less older than them, ie, you guys are okay since you're only 3 years older.

What I found to be very weird is that apparently a handful of states have higher ages of consent for homosexual acts, usually from 18 instead of 16, but it varies by state.

So continue to screw your girlfriend all you want!

8. hurley

hurley New Member

Haha, yeah it was kinda odd asking a cope about it. It was my friends dad that is really cool though so it wasnt to bad. Better to ask the law itself before believing the internet!

9. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

I don't think it's weird asking a cop, he would know the law the best. Who else would you ask? Not very many people. As long as you hadn't done anything yet, there was nothing he could do anyways. (He would maybe talk to your parents, if even that. But I doubt anything legally...) At least you asked first, which was a good thing.

I am surprised they allow that here in Washington, the laws are really fucked up here.

10. wifiepooh2558

wifiepooh2558 Member

My best friend actually had me looking up age of consent laws online for him the other night, every state has different guidlines. He live in California, where the age of consent is 18. I ended up on a site that has all laws on California only.........I was very pissed off to find that the legal age to have sex there is 18, BUT............A 16 year old from California can join the army (with a parents signature).................So, in California's opinion A 16 YEAR OLD GAN GO OFF TO WAR AND DIE FOR THIS COUNTRY, BUT CANT GET LAID............WTF This made me want to go off and start picketting......how dare they? :mad

11. frootloop

frootloop New Member

so when people on here get banned for being underage, is that 16 or 18? seeing as there are presumably states that allow sex at 16?

12. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

That would be 18 here. So, basically, you can have sex all you want, you just can't talk about it here. :) [​IMG]

13. frootloop

frootloop New Member

That is weird...so a 16-yr-old could be legal in one state but braking the law in another - even thought it's the same country? Sounds strange but I've never thought of it that way before...

14. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

3 years isnt much... my bf and i started dating when i was 17 and its a 6 year difference....i'm not sure what MN laws are though, its been a while since i looked into it i think its 24months

15. Maggie_05

Maggie_05 New Member

As far as sex is concerned find out your state laws as it changes in between, and check the states close to you if she is underage in your own. Anyway think about this, when your 25 she'll be 22, when your 30 she'll be 27. My parents are about 5 years apart and it never seems that odd mostly because once your in your twentys age streach becomes less noticable. My bf and I are the same age but thats cause we've been friends since we where both in the 4th grade.

16. zoee123456789

zoee123456789 New Member

Hey my B/F and I just broke up and I'm 20 yrs older than he is... Talk about amazing sex.... Infact I'm still in the market, us 39 yrs old women are in our prime and I'll tell you I've never had better orgasms than now, so guys the older women are your best bet when your young....

17. deeplist

deeplist New Member

My girlfriend and I are 4½ years apart. Maturity level can (and does) play an issue when you are in your teens. Hopfully that does not pose a problem. But besides that fact. As long as her family is okay with it then it doesn't really matter. People always get all hyped up about sex in these situations and the laws that go along with it. Who cares. As long as you aren't doing anything that you shouldn't be doing, then it really doesnt matter. Period.

18. Cotton_Candy

Cotton_Candy New Member

I really dont think age is an issue in a relationship.. it should be compatability that is more important than age. Some 30,40 and 50 year old act like their 13 or 14.. ! and some younger people have wisdome way beyond their years..

19. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

HAHAHAHA!!
    LOL - you think those orgasms are good now? Wait till your MY age!!! Its like a fine wine, my dear. And we get better and more valuable with age. ;)
    ...not a humble opinion - this is fact! :lol

20. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

Just a tidbit from deeper in this thread: I don't know what the age of consent is in Washington, but do know that it against the law to have sex with a virgin of any age--including your wedding night. I guess the hotels along the border of Oregon and Idaho really hump!