Advice please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hollydollyrose22, Aug 11, 2014.

1. hollydollyrose22

Verified Gold Member

I'm probably one of the youngest active members on this site, so, older, wiser generations: please share with me some advice...

How the fuck do you deal with assholes? You know the ones Im talking about too. I'm sure you've encountered more then one on your journey thus far. They take what you say, turn it upside down, and begin to display the behavior of a bully in the school yard, a thug in an alley, and a monkey in the jungle ALL AT THE SAME TIME. O_O

[​IMG]

Where's the maturity? Where's the concern for presenting yourself well in front of others? How do they go from 0-60 in the snap of a finger? These sorts of people baffle me. Is it in the way they were raised? Isn't blaming your childhood for lashing out at people an excuse?

Aye yai yai...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lbushwalker and Doitagain like this.
  2. Alwayshuge

Gold Member

Walk away. You won't change em and its only a matter of time before they move on anyway :) Life is way too short.

Married M Nh and luvbug like this.
  3. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Walk away and stop associating with them.

Married M Nh likes this.
  4. backcheck64

Gold Member

And where are you meeting these guys? I'd expect nothing less from lounge lizards, but if you're meeting these guys in work settings or some place "culturally based" (orchestra concert, museum, college classes even) I don't know what to tell you. Guys at parties, in bars, etc are there just to get laid and that is their only focus. Avoid those places or learn to ignore them. My daughter can usually shred them verbally and if that still doesn't work, having played hockey for 10 yrs, she punches them in the face.... and no, she doesn't fight like a girl.

5. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

People are asshole generally speaking. There are all types. No one way to deal as far as I am concerned. Some need to be ignored others need you to give them the middle finger and walk away shaking your tail feathers. Others need to be told what's up...and there are some that just need a slap upside the head.

hollydollyrose22 and HotForHoney like this.
  6. biker061

Gold Member

Here's another vote for walk away. There are no reasons to associate with negative people, particularly ones who are intentionally so.
    To quote Tim the Enchanter, from Monty Python, 'RUN AWAY...RUN AWAY'

10_3XL likes this.
  7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

My advice is similar, walk away with pride and leave them to their insular little selves.
    Nothing is as effective against such folks as not being acknowledged!

hollydollyrose22 likes this.