Advice needed on long distance....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Squirt, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Squirt

Squirt New Member

I hope this is the right place to post this, as it is non sexual and sexual....

My boyfriend, which I have lived with about 2 1/2 years, has been out of town for about 12 weeks for work (and originally was suppose to only be for a couple weeks). Leaves on Monday morning early and comes home Friday evening.

I am about to drive myself nuts!!! I miss him so much. I know I am driving him crazy crying every night about how much I miss him and love him. The main problem is I can't handle it, to the point the thought has REMOTELY crossed my mind that if he can't be home, I can't do it.

I love him and trust him completely. Trying to make a long story short, I am a stay at home mom with no close friends besides him and my mom. I go through the day fine, but when 8 or 9 o'clock hits, I feel so alone and cannot stand that he is not here.

I trust him 100% and never think he is cheating on me but I question how much he loves me because it seems so easy to him. He can sleep at night and doesn't feel the need to tell me every hour how much he loves me.

I know I am crazy for the way I think, but am I wrong to want to hear his emotions on the situation? I have even "thought" it isn't even worth the depression I feel, but I love him too much to leave.

2. Squirt

Squirt New Member

As for sexual, I can and do masturbate (he even spent almost $200 the other day on a "bunny" to satisfy me) but it is not the same. I have suggested cams, calls, or even chat which he does not respond too.

The little girl that wants to be romanced is screaming inside of me now that he isn't here everyday.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

Good lord girl, go out and DO something! Make some friends and don't have your life revolve around your boyfriend. You are obsessing over him and that isn't healthy.

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

My thoughts exactly. I traveled a lot when my wife and small child stayed home. They went every day to places that had events and activities for children and Moms. Zoos, science-for-kids exhibits, parks, etc etc. Plenty of them offer memberships and send out newsletters about upcoming events. Others are free, so pack a lunch. The kids make friends and learn lots of cool stuff, you meet other parents, get lots of new ideas and make friends.

The kids learn social skills, and on and on. Some of my wife's and my best friends decades later are parents of similarly aged children who met through mutual parenting. Some of the kids are still friends too.

Your number 1 goal in this stage of your life is the growth of your child, and it makes you and them more independent. Life happens outside the home. Home is a great place to sleep and eat, but that's about it. Go out and try to be somebody, and you and your child will develop together.

Just my opinion.