Advice from ex-non-orgasmic women wanted

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Sadie, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Sadie

Sadie New Member

I'm 25, female and sexually frustrated. :( Here's my problem:

I started masturbating at 14 in the bath using the shower head. This way I had spectacular orgasms. :tup I also tried manual masturbation, but my fingers did not work the magic that the shower head did, so I made do with the latter. (I remember my mom teasing me about taking three baths in one day. :eek:) A few months into it, we moved to a place without a tub, at which point I started seriously trying to get off manually. I have been at it ever since, never achieving more than what I would call an anticlimax, i.e. spasms and the termination of sexual tension without the insane pleasure of my first orgasms. :( I can bring myself to the brink using my fingers; the problem is the quality of the actual orgasm.

I'd like to hear from other women who have shared my problem and overcome it - how did you manage to become orgasmic (again)?

I should mention that I have tried a shower head a couple of times since those glory days at 14, but my own showers have been too physically uncomfortable and when bathing at a friend's house I have felt too psychologically uncomfortable. Thus I don't actually know whether I would be able to orgasm using a shower head today.

As I said, I'm hoping to hear from other women who have shared my problem and overcome it, but because I've wondered how much of my problem could be psychological - perhaps the failures of my first tries at manual masturbation somehow screwed with my head and taught me (on a subconscious level) that I cannot orgasm manually and so I don't? ??? - I'd also be interested in hearing more generally from people who have used therapy, hypnosis or something similar to overcome an orgasm problem.

2. Dreama

Gold Member

Practice, hon. It may take a million times, to get it right...It boils down to moving your fingers in the right places, at the right time. Or, perhaps get a vibe or something as an aid?

3. Bluesy

Gold Member

Aside from lots of practice, I would say the most important thing you can do is relax and let go of expectations. Masturbate for the pleasurable sensations alone and forget about orgasming--don't make it a goal. It's very possible to develop a psychological block to orgasming; you come to automatically anticipate the worst and that anxiety prevents you from reaching orgasm.

I think you'd be better off with a clitoral vibrator, btw. It feels a thousand times more pleasurable than fingers :) Some ladies here adore the Hitachi Magic Wand...others that come to mind are Doc Johnson's Pocket Rocket, LayaSpot, and silver bullets (made by a variety of manufacturers).