Adolescent influences

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Sagittarius84, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

I'm a firm believer that how sex is exposed to us in adolescence drives our sexual urges and actions in adulthood. What profound life experiences led to your current turn ons/hang ups?

One thing I find amazing is how my female peers were a major influence in how I pursue women, both positively and negatively. Positively, as a result of their strength, I have always respected a woman's autonomy and always sought to achieve mutual pleasure during sex. Negatively, I let their personal issues and social manipulations impress upon me who I would be attracted to. Thus for fear of being branded a traitor, pervert, potential pedophile, closet homosexual, there were certain female demographics I developed aversions to, which I'm just now starting to get over.

2. Magnus_Phallus

Gold Member

female to male transgender North Corean child spies into extreme S&M? :confused:

There cant be too many of those around ;)

Sagittarius84 likes this.
  3. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

Lol..let's not delve into my Kim Jong Un fantasies....
    The traitor aspect is probably a common black male experience in the US, especially amongst black women who attempt to demonize non black women and/or the black men who date non black women.
    The other accusations would come against petite women, girls who are flat chested, etc,. Such things are laughable now as an adult, but as a youngster these things influenced a lot of my actions.

4. Anotherday

Gold Member

I suppose mostly from my parents, particularly my mother and a very conservative religious back ground I was raised with a belief that sex in itself was more or less a bad thing. And then there was the "Donahue" & "Oprah" & general media view that swept through the 80s & 90s .

In my teens and until my 20s all of this certainly had an effect on me. On one hand the influence of my parents & church gave way to a taboo with regards to sex, which in my opinion just makes it more dangerous or exciting and leads to actually wanting it more. And then couple that with the associated guilt and you've got a pretty decent scenario of sexual/social disfunction.

And then there was the social media driven theme of holding women on a pedestal and men abandoning their "manly" ways. Treat women gently, treat them with respect, be soft, kind & loving.
    Well, I do respect women, treat them with respect, I am kind and gentle. However, I later found that there can be a separation between the bedroom and the rest of the world. That there are many women who quite frankly want to be and truly enjoy just being "fucked", taken, used, etc. That just because a woman has dirty desires doesn't make her a bad person nor less than anyone else. Or for that matter if I or anyone has desires, it's ok. What's between consenting adults is quite fine by me period.

If you enjoy nice gentle loving sex, so be it that's wonderful. If you enjoy rough BDSM or group sex, or are homosexual, or abstinent, or somewhere in between all of that, it's quite fine by me as long as you are happy, it's consensual, and no one is truly hurt, go for it.

It took quite a few years in my marriage to come to grips with my previous prejudices, hang ups, & other matters. But once I became more accepting more open I found a nice little niche to live within in our marriage.

xOxo23 likes this.