A womens sexual peak...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by FlaminFrancesca, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlaminFrancesca

FlaminFrancesca New Member

Hi all!
    I'm new here, I just joined yesterday, and threw my 2 cents into a couple posts, but I have a question, perhaps someone can shed some light on for me.
    I am 32, and I've been married almost 9 years. I've been with my hubby for 18 years, and with the exception of being pregnant twice, and this past year and a half since my second was born, I've been on the pill.
    Since about April, I've been like a sailor on shore leave... whereas before, sex was a chore. Strange, since I've never had an orgasming problem, but I could take it or leave it. Then, come this past spring, holy cow! I can't get enough! My hubby swears he's going to have to hire help, lol. He even goes so far as to say that I "look" different, sexier or whatever, like I want it all the time.
    Here's my question: Is this the famed "sexual peak" that women have in their mid 30's and if so, how long does it last? (I'm hoping its permanent, lol)
    Or perhaps, the pill was killing my sex drive, and I could have always been a nympho?
    TIA!
    Punk

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Hi there! And welcome to the sexual forum.

You may very well be in that famed "sexual peak". It is quite unusual, however, that a mother of 2 young children has a heightened libido. Usually, this is the time when most women view sex as a duty, and it may be several years before they regain a genuine sex drive (and sadly, some never regain it:eyes ).
    Our homones do flip-flops to us, and cause us to act strangely from time to time. On the positive side, just feeling good about yourself, where you are in life; or perhaps good physical fitness - in other words - knowing that you look good can make you feel excited about 'presenting yourself' to your husband.
    I'm pretty sure he isn't really complaining :brow , and he probably hears the horror stories from his buddies, so I suggest you two just ride the wave. ...and as a footnote - I am 51, and I'm enjoying the best sex in my life. Your increased libido doesn't have to end, hun. Just keep those sparks flying!;)

3. smileygal

smileygal New Member

Four years ago (when I turned 30) this happened to me. I just woke up horny one day and I can't seem to get enough!! My sweet sweet husband says Damn woman, I can't hardly keep up with you. He's like where were you when I was 18...lolol Honestly he's great and pretty much obliges any time I want. Don't let him fool ya, he likes it just as much as I ;) As far as whether it will diminish....I think some of that depends on you guys. As Rose said, we just keep those sparks flying and are very open minded, try new things, keep it spicey and I think you'll be happy for a long time. I don't think I'll quit wanting sex like I do now and for that I am glad. It's a beautiful thing :D

4. loveitrough

Gold Member

Nice to know it the fireworks still keep going in your 50's , I know we are knocking on that door and show no signs of slowing down neither has the wife. Might of fact it gets much better the older she gets:brow

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

LOL - Hubby says women are like a fine wine - we get better (and more expensive... :lol ) the older we get!

6. loveitrough

Gold Member

7. awf

awf Banned

the woman just starts to learn what a guy wants as she gets older..

8. eandvk

eandvk Member

A womans sexual peak

My wife is 39 and thinks she has not yet reached her sexual peak....and although we have sex 3-4 times a week...Im hoping it hits soon....:brow

9. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

It seems to be a fact that birth control pills lower the libido for many women, so if you've gone off of them recently that could be the reason. I've also heard that it sometimes takes several months or even a year for hormones to stabilize after going off the pill. Enjoy!

10. FlaminFrancesca

FlaminFrancesca New Member

That makes sense, libido is all about the hormones... in that case, I'm never going back on em!

11. Againstthetide

Againstthetide New Member

It varies....I'm 35 and it's only quieiting down now....my hormones were the worst when I was in my 20's.....BTW I've never been on BC pills until 2 months ago, but it does come and go.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.