a website i really love and adore..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by doberman, Feb 26, 2007.

1. doberman

doberman New Member

..is this one: www.postsecret.com

its people sending in their secrets on postcards.. and eventually they get posted on the website.. for friends of it, its referred to as "sundaysecrets".. as it gets renewed every sunday.. i think the owner of that ongoing art-project has already released three or so books with peoples secrets..

and as everyone here knows, i am very empathic and compassionate, i always end up crying and laughing when i've finished my read on it.. sometimes they are sickening, sometimes they are making you cheer, sometimes you just want to cry or throw things at your very own walls.. there is always at least one secret i could have sent in myself, from my deepest and personal thoughts, and if i feel alone, it helps a bit.. doesnt make me giving up my idea of someone out there that shares only one of my thoughts..

i loose hope easily, but having a glance at my sundaysecrets, makes me cheer.. i wanted to share this with my mates on :sf.. thats all!!!

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I love love LOVE postsecret.com. I check it religiously, and own all of the books. Think it's the greatest thing ever!

3. doberman

doberman New Member

religiously, thats a good one! definitely one of the better things on the net i think!

the books are good too? would you recommend?

4. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I own them all, and love them.....now..... do I look through them often? Uhm, not really. Sometimes I go through and write my own shit in there too. If you are one to hang out at Borders with a coffee and read...... it would make a delightful day. I also like passing them on. Leave it on a table at your next doctor's visit, or in the waiting room at the dentist, or in the lounge of your local college. ;)

5. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I has never heard of that site before so thank you for posting it doberman, i will definitely be checking it every sunday from now on!