A sex scene from a novel I am writing.

Discussion in 'Erotic Literature' started by cbrmale, Aug 31, 2012.

1. cbrmale

Gold Member

It is May 1880 and Brian and Michelle are preparing to marry. Brian is 38 and has a lot of experience while Michelle is 22, widowed, and has her own experiences beyond that. Both are headstrong and are having difficulty settling together. They had another argument earlier that day.

“Oh it’s you,” Michelle grumbled.
    “You’re still angry with me,” he stated.
    Michelle turned around and glared at him. “Don’t you ever swear at me!”
    Brian grabbed her arms and Michelle tried to pull free, but couldn’t. “What do you think of me?”
    “I hate you.”
    “I didn’t hear that.”
    “I hate you!” Michelle shouted.
    Still holding her arms he kissed her so hard it hurt. She turned her head so he grasped her face and kissed her even harder. “Say it,” he hissed.
    “I hate you.”
    Brian grabbed Michelle’s arms again and dragged her to the bed and threw her down before climbing on to kneel above her. He wasn’t wearing his vest and his suspenders were loosened. In a flash he unbuttoned his trousers and Michelle realised what he wanted.
    “No Brian,” she murmured.
    “I didn’t hear that.
    “No Brian!” she shouted.
    He seized her wrists to pin her arms while bunching skirts and petticoats. Michelle squeezed her legs but he was in the way, and she felt his fingers on the string of her drawers.
    “No Brian; I’m warning you!”
    With the string loosened Brian touched her roughly and familiar sparks of pleasure cascaded free, but stronger and more intense than Michelle ever felt before. He knelt above her, his hand inside her clothes, his fingers on her, pleasure beyond her wildest dreams. Harder and harder, closer and closer. “No Brian don’t! Don’t, don’t, don’t, don’t, don’t and Michelle screamed with her explosion of ecstasy.
    “Do you hate me?”
    “I hate you!”
    He laid over her and Michelle saw him. She wanted him and needed him, she needed him so bad.
    “Say it!” he shouted.
    “I hate you!”
    She needed him.
    “I want you, you horrible man. I hate you and I want you. I hate you, I want you I…”
    He filled her and Michelle felt him to her very core. It was spiteful, vicious, angry. Again and again, over and over, until he erupted with a harsh roar and collapsed on her, he still half-dressed and her petticoats and skirts all over the place.
    “I hate you, you horrible man.”
    “I know.”
    “We must do that again sometime.”
    Michelle thought she saw him smiling.

2. discolemonaide

Thank you for sharing

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

It's a rough draft and I have improved this scene in a few places. The final version reads better now. Earlier in the book I have Michelle undress in a non-sexy way, to illustrate what a woman wore in 1880. First was her hat and gloves, her vest, her bodice, her skirt, her underskirt, her petticoat, her corset cover, her corset, her chemise and finally her drawers. That still left her in stockings with boots! Corsets were worn to straighten a woman's back for good posture and also to emphasise her bust. They were not primarily for a narrow waist, and the strings at the rear were set to length and tied-off so she could clip the hooks and eyes together to put it on. So you can imagine this stiff structure wrapped around her lower torso and easily hooked together. Some women used their servants to tightly-lace their corsets, but this was not common.

Underwear was first worn in the nineteenth century, and for women this consisted of open-crotch drawers held with a cord around the waist.

4. discolemonaide

That's very interesting. I guess I always thought the first underwear were the long shorts, never knew they were crotchless. Also I could not fathom the daily dressing process in the late 1800's for a women.

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

They had to be crotchless given the surplus of petticoats, underskirts and skirts. Anything else would have been impractical. I didn't mention her bustle which could have been separate or part of her petticoat.

I don't know the reason why women's clothing became so complex in the nineteenth century, and this complexity carried through the Edwardian era as well. Change didn't come until after the First World War, and a new view of the world after such a tragedy.

I like the Victorian era because of the great constrasts between men and women, wealthy and the working classes, grand houses and slum tenements, wealth and poverty. I also like the hypocrisy. In the UK they talked like sexual prudes but were anything but. The US at the time was different and still is. Examples of UK saying one thing and doing another is Lady Randolph Churchill who openly had many lovers while married, including the Prince of Wales, and she was far from the only society woman accepted regardless of her sexual affairs. She used her lovers to further Winston's political aspirations, which would never happen now. Men were encouraged to satisfy their wives during sex so their wive's appetite for sex wouldn't wane (which is very different to what we sometimes believe). Couples were encouraged to be moderate with sex which meant twice a week, which isn't far from what we do today. Many women were pregnant at marriage, including Lady Randolph. Many couples lived together rather than marrying. Birth control became common and there was a dramatic shrinkage in the size of families, and birth control wasn't discouraged by religion (that would come later).

If there is an era of sexual prudery in deed then it's the first half of the twentieth century.